Edmunds

NCDAWG

4 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I wouldn't want to see that package unless it's once in a long while to throw the offensive team off - for a very specific reason.  

That is obviously a unique package for passing downs with the ability to stop run but we are better set up for something like that then a typical dime package with 1 LBr

this lets you stuff the run a bit better than your typical nickel package as well

Humber will probably be the 3rd backer again unless Vallejo shows up

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yep- scouting said he bites hard and hits the wrong hole sometimes. 

I watched some film after we drafted him and  i was concerned. I think we have a strong defensive coaching staff and LB coach Babich in particular... so I think he was a great pick for that reason, but there is a gap that needs to be closed.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Though reports are that he looks like Tarzan and has already earned the respect of the vets calling the plays at the line, it looks like Shady has taken his lunch money a couple times in space 

Not surprising.  Shady is an elite talent.  He'll win more than his share against any LB.  not many Shady's out there though.

Edited by purple haze

54 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m sure he will matchup at points but Mikes usually cover RBs out of the backfield with OLBs on the TE in a base 43

heck McDaniels lines Gronk out wide so he has to be covered by a CB lol

...would certainly love Edmunds to be part of Gronk's "welcoming committee"......Tre White approves of this message............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

That could come in handy... Late fourth quarter, the Bills are losing to the Cheatriots. Tom Brady takes the field, only for Edmunds to activate a control panel on his wrist. Brady goes down in a nuclear holocaust. Along with the stadium. And the surrounding community. I hope this was a road game.

Good times.

It's better if the "field came alive" and he snatches Brady's skeleton out of his skin.

TE is an athletic beast.  Having said that, he's gonna need plenty of film time and reps to get to where he needs to be in the NFL.  In college, he did take himself out of plays and he did bite on fakes.....but he was athletic enough, he could make up for those mistakes.  At the NFL level, he can't afford to make those mistakes.  

But the biggest thing going for him right now, beyond his physical attributes and strong work ethic, is the fact he's young.  Barely 20 years of age with a ton of upside.  Great bloodlines and humble.  Hopefully the coaches can shorten the learning curve and he's able to minimize his mistakes.  There's just no substitute for experience....no matter how gifted an athlete/football player.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Though reports are that he looks like Tarzan and has already earned the respect of the vets calling the plays at the line, it looks like Shady has taken his lunch money a couple times in space 

Looks like Tarzan, hopefully he doesn’t play like Jane.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Looks like Tarzan, hopefully he doesn’t play like Jane.

Not even close.  He can dish out some punishment....that's a fact.  It's  a matter of being in the right position to dish out said punishment that's the issue.

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great to hear. Seems like a very coachable kid. Looking forward to seeing him in preseason to get a sample of what he can do. Hope he doesn't tear his knees up chasing McCoy all around the field in TC (not a jinx).

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He doesn't play to his size which is weird but he just turned 20 and I trust McDermott with LB's.

You just answered your statement... he literally just stopped being a teenager, of course he doenst play to his size yet

Not many 19 year olds running around wrecking kids in major college football 

When he is 25 and 6’6 260 He will be destroying people 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You just answered your statement... he literally just stopped being a teenager, of course he doenst play to his size yet

Not many 19 year olds running around wrecking kids in major college football 

When he is 25 and 6’6 260 He will be destroying people 

By the time he’s old enough to buy a beer he will be crushing people!

Patience is in order here. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, purple haze said:

It's better if the "field came alive" and he snatches Brady's skeleton out of his skin.

Brady doesn’t have a skeleton, which is why he never gets injured. He’s “Gumby, dammit!”.

DF0D12F0-8A80-4A8C-9F16-F6C87E8410E2.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

The scary part is we might actually have a front office that can draft well. 

Beane put together an excellent scouting and personnel staff. He started winning me over pretty quickly with all the big name hires he made in that regard. 

Tim will tell, but IMO I think this front office staff has a chance to be the best we’ve had since the Bill Polian era. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Beane put together an excellent scouting and personnel staff. He started winning me over pretty quickly with all the big name hires he made in that regard. 

Tim will tell, but IMO I think this front office staff has a chance to be the best we’ve had since the Bill Polian era. 

Tim who? Not Graham I hope. 

• Haha (+1) 2

"Predator" seems fitting.  Freakishly large for the position but somewhat invisible too as QBs are not "seeing" him well.    His range of coverage in the middle of secondary is not something that QBs have been trained to deal with.  DROY looking possible for that reason alone.  He could get enough pics to really standout amongst the typical DE and CB candidates.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2018 at 6:44 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I watched some film after we drafted him and  i was concerned. I think we have a strong defensive coaching staff and LB coach Babich in particular... so I think he was a great pick for that reason, but there is a gap that needs to be closed.

Everyone bites wrong from time to time, but with 200+ tackels and 30+ for a loss in two seasons, I think he's hit more than missed.....  A lot more.

52 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Considering all that's happening with Dareus, Darby and Watkins, (witch pissed me off at the time) Beane looks like he knows what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

And has the smarts to see a guy and then go get him.   NO way would he have made it to 22, we'd have ended up drafting the MLB from Bama and wishing we had gone and got this kid. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, Bills757 said:

TE is an athletic beast.  Having said that, he's gonna need plenty of film time and reps to get to where he needs to be in the NFL.  In college, he did take himself out of plays and he did bite on fakes.....but he was athletic enough, he could make up for those mistakes.  At the NFL level, he can't afford to make those mistakes.  

But the biggest thing going for him right now, beyond his physical attributes and strong work ethic, is the fact he's young.  Barely 20 years of age with a ton of upside.  Great bloodlines and humble.  Hopefully the coaches can shorten the learning curve and he's able to minimize his mistakes.  There's just no substitute for experience....no matter how gifted an athlete/football player.

Every time I see TE I think Trent Edwards......... have to re-train my brain.

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, wppete said:

This guy is going to be a pro bowler for years to come! Things are looking really good at OBD!

Pro Bowler?  Bowling?  First we had Goodwin distracted by the Olympics now this.  That's just great.      

images.jpg

Edited by Irv

25 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Good to see your photoshop skills continuing to improve...

I probably mentioned it before - but I took graphic arts in college.  My teacher told me I had a natural talent for it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2