Greatest 77 seconds.

Football season is here (sort of) and im psyched.  Per the norm I go nuts watching old highlights and reading old stats this time of year.  Came across this gem from 1990.  It's the game where we scored 20 pts in 77 seconds vs Denver.  I remember Denver was about to kick the FG to go up 24-9 (a 3 score deficit in those days) when my dad went to take a shower before work.  He missed it all.  The entire rest of the season when the Bills were down I'd tell him to leave the room.  I was 14 at the time so he played along.  Anyway a great memory from back in the day.  Enjoy:

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 13

I was at the game. Got up to go to the bathroom at some point during this, can't remember exactly when, but I missed most of it.

The next week they had another huge comeback in the 4th quarter against the Raiders on Sunday night football. The Bills scored on a 42 yard Kelly to Lofton pass, then a bit later James Williams blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown and the first Bills lead of the game. They then added a field goal and a fumble return for a touchdown.

22 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Football season is here (sort of) and im psyched.  Per the norm I go nuts watching old highlights and reading old stats this time of year.  Came across this gem from 1990.  It's the game where we scored 20 pts in 77 seconds vs Denver.  I remember Denver was about to kick the FG to go up 24-9 (a 3 score deficit in those days) when my dad went to take a shower before work.  He missed it all.  The entire rest of the season when the Bills were down I'd tell him to leave the room.  I was 14 at the time so he played along.  Anyway a great memory from back in the day.  Enjoy:

if I was your dad I would have told you to leave the room :D

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Thank you. 

That was so relaxing

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

Is that Gary Kubiak as the placeholder for the Broncos' kicker?

Yes.  Yes, it is.  Kubiak as backup QB/placeholder.  Dennison on ST.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hilarious that “Hot Stuff” Rick Dennison blew the blocking assignment.

Also did you hear the announced throw shade at Jeff Wright?  “One of the few tackles made by Jeff Wright.  He’s been getting pushed around today.”  LOL.  I’ve been saying for years....Wright was the weak link of the defense 

• Like (+1) 3

I love how the crowd was so loud right before the fumble in the red zone the zebras stopped the game clock and asked the crowd to quiet down. Can you imagine if New Era field was HALF that loud today?

Norwood missed two extra points in that game, missed a few that season up to that point. Warning signs ignored by the coaching staff?

• Like (+1) 2

I was there and remember it like yesterday.  We couldn't believe what we were watching.  And the very next week they did something sort of similar in the Sunday night game vs. the Raiders!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Hilarious that “Hot Stuff” Rick Dennison blew the blocking assignment.

Also did you hear the announced throw shade at Jeff Wright?  “One of the few tackles made by Jeff Wright.  He’s been getting pushed around today.”  LOL.  I’ve been saying for years....Wright was the weak link of the defense 

He was, if we had Big Ted we would have won a couple Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I love how the crowd was so loud right before the fumble in the red zone the zebras stopped the game clock and asked the crowd to quiet down. Can you imagine if New Era field was HALF that loud today?

Can they still do that?  This is the first time I've ever seen a ref ask the crowd to quiet down.

I thought crowd noise was an accepted part of home field advantage?

Edited by Capco

7 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Norwood missed two extra points in that game, missed a few that season up to that point. Warning signs ignored by the coaching staff?

They'd never ask that today. The announcers were bashing the D for encouraging the crowd. Thats just not a thing anymore. It's part of the home field advantage.

I remember I had to listen to the Raiders comeback the week later on the radio because I didn't get TNT or whatever had Sunday night football back then.  I grew up in the Adirondacks and the stations were limited.  I asked my dad to leave the room, he did and that's when we blocked the punt.  The theme of that season was cemented in our household at that point.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

He also made several crucial FGs that season to help the Bills get some wins. 

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Misleading title. 

I was expecting comments made by my ex 

Why is she your ex then???

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He was, if we had Big Ted we would have won a couple Super Bowls.

Very true... if there were any big holes in Polian’s roster during that time it was:

A. Jeff Wright - a serviceable DL but was too small and pushed around vs more physics lineman.

B. Scott Norwood - he hit the wall in 1990/91.  Never should have been back in 1991 and 1992.  He was missed easy PAT’s for goodness sake

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

He also made several crucial FGs that season to help the Bills get some wins. 

Why is she your ex then???

She believed in quantity, not quality. 

I delivered neither, but still......

• Haha (+1) 1

Was there with my Dad. We remember it in full incredible detail and both acknowledged it as the day our team "arrived" as a true contender that could never be counted out. They proved it again of course the following week vs. the Raiders. :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I was there and remember it like yesterday.  We couldn't believe what we were watching.  And the very next week they did something sort of similar in the Sunday night game vs. the Raiders!

i was at the raiders game 3rd row in the endzone that the blocked punt was returned for a td

That was a magical year in my world- and my favorite Bills game from it!. Thanks OP! Hope some of the younger Bills fans have something like that to accentuate their youth, too!

Shoot, I had the Lakers, Dodgers and Bills... like I still do.  I was a freshman in college, still buzzing from the greatest moment in baseball history, the Lakers were just taking their Showtime selves at the Detroit jungle-ballers after taking it to the greatest rival they could have ever had for the past decade... and then The Bills start pulling this siht!!!   I was good looking and blessed... for a while heheheh

Listen to the roar of the crowd as Biscuit runs 90 yards or whatever for the TD on the blocked FG.

80,000 going nuts.  Awesome!

Everyone in the building knew Biscuit would score and wouldn't be caught from behind.  

This team back in those days was electrifying.  Anything was possible and we were never out of it.

Edited by Fadingpain

I was in the other upper end zone, knowing if he made the kick it would be 24-9 , and there was no 2 point conversion, so we were cooked.  Denver was lining up for about a 24 yard field goal, and I was ready to go when I noticed that somebody was running down the sidelines toward us, and it was now a game.  It got nuts after that, and Denver was marching down the field at the very end....I think Kirby Jackson picked off Elway to end it.  What a game.

Edited by TC in St. Louis

I have a great story from that game.  I was in the upper deck pretty close to where the FG attempt was taking place.  Back then, I used to bring a little TV with me to the games because there weren't any replays on the scoreboard.  Right before the FG attempt I said to my friend next to me "They have to block it & run it back for a touchdown".  Then right before the interception I said something like "time for an interception" .  After both plays happened the guy sitting in front of us asked me if my TV was showing the future.  

There was also an incident when the Bills were losing in the game, I got so frustrated and yelled out at the top of my lungs "Where's the f'n defense"  I got a lot of angry looks from the fans in my section & had to apologize.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember this.   In one of the week prior to this game against Denver, Levy pulled the Bruce and others when they were getting shellacked.  Bruce complained about it in the Buffalo News.  Then this happened.   The following week against the Raiders something similar happened.   This is when that "team" found its magic if you ask me.

• Like (+1) 1

Man those were the days......sitting in that stadium and feeling the concrete under your feet rumbling......amazeballs that place still stands.....saw I don't know how many comebacks during that SB run......The Ralph was an amazing place to be on Sundays......season tix holder here from 1986 till 2007, I gave them up cuz the Bills front office gave up.  Now I am moving to FL and if I weren't I woulda signed up for ST's again this year.....they are not gonna win as much as we would like but they are going to give a lot of opponents grief!

I will enjoy many games at the Bills Backer bar I go to in Bradenton.....Evi's is a cool place to watch from....beer is a bit steep but still.... 

• Like (+1) 2