COMEBACKSZN Manziel is back!

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OMG!  A TJumptocatchtheball Graham sighting!

Jerry Glanville is a TiCats coach?  I had no idea that guy was even still alive!

Yeah -Steve has mentioned that a few times on the radio.  He went up to see his son practice with Johnny before the trade and spent time with his old coach from Houston.

Hoping to have him on to talk some old school football.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watching JF in the post-game presser, and he looks and sounds more mature than he has in the past.  He took responsibility for his mistakes and admitted that he struggled.  He's looking foreward to the future.  Apparently he has a two-year commitment to the CFL, so we'll see what happens.  He plays the Ottawa Redblacks next Saturday night.

First game he played in nearly three years, I think for all the excitement he clearly was not set up to have success right away, dude seems like he knows its a process and he is early into it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Funny thing: one of Manziel's WRs was some guy named TJ Graham.  The commentators said he was a former 3rd round pick of the Bills, but I don't have any recollection of that.

He scored that TD that 1 time...

14 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Funny thing: one of Manziel's WRs was some guy named TJ Graham.  The commentators said he was a former 3rd round pick of the Bills, but I don't have any recollection of that.

I don't think TJumptomakeacatch Graham got into the game until after JF was pulled.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He scored that TD that 1 time...

YOU LIE!!!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

6 minutes ago, ALF said:

Hamiton  50           Montreal  11

Manziel  11/20   104 yds   0 td       4int

https://www.google.com/search?q=cfl+scores&oq=cfl&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.4110j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11ggrmc4w3;6;/m/0fnw5;dt;fp;1

...well at least he kept it close.............

3 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Stop for a second and think that a GM used a first round pick on Manziel.

It wasn't a GM.  It was an owner forcing his GM to make the pick because a homeless guy promoted him to.

The GM got fired.  The owner hired a lawyer to replace him, and then fires him too.

It's good to be the owner.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It wasn't a GM.  It was an owner forcing his GM to make the pick because a homeless guy promoted him to.

The GM got fired.  The owner hired a lawyer to replace him, and then fires him too.

I wonder how Jerry Jones feels right now? (Or anyone who wanted the Bills to draft him?) Supposedly he wanted to draft him before the Browns.

Last night was an utter debacle for Manziel. The Ti-Cats were a 2-4 team going into that game. Not exactly Brady and the Patriots! How does anyone look at that performance and think he's got a shot at any kind of football career?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Stop for a second and think that a GM used a first round pick on Manziel.

Yea, but only because a homeless guy told him he’d be good 

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You sound like chief apologist.

To be fair... I don’t think he’s going anywhere but those are fair comments for tonight’s evaluation 

I'm glad this happened for a few reasons, none about Manziel personally. 

I think too many guys believe the CFL is a joke and they can just wing it there.  Manziel came out and said this offseason that he didn't really learn the Brown's playbook and that his coach's should have held him to a higher standard. 

In both cases, I hope it serves as a wake up call and he stays with them the full 2 years to turn it around.  I think it's a good fit for him.

Also, no idea TJ Graham was in the CFL too.

We Watched Johnny Manziel’s CFL Starting Debut. We Won’t Get Fooled Again

Yes, there were flashes—there have always been flashes—but those alone don’t amount to quarterbacking talent. The truth is, Manziel threw four picks, his team lost 50-11, and it’s not worth checking in on him again until and unless he shows some semblance of ability at the pro level

By CONOR ORR
August 03, 2018

Late in a forgettable Canadian Football League debut for Johnny Manziel, the announcers began to refer endlessly to the “flashes.”

Flashes are Manziel speak for the deft maneuvers in the pocket. The beautiful, balletic plays that evade rushers, roll him outside of the tackle box and connect him with a receiver running what looks to be the fifth or sixth broken-play emergency route. In these moments the 25-year-old former Heisman Trophy winner can still drop a dime. He hits his target in stride, in the only place his receiver can catch it. It makes the fans stand up and do that money thing with their hands, the gesture Manziel used to do in a different time, when he was supposedly a different person.

But after Manziel’s Montreal Alouettes fell 50-11 to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Friday night, in his first start in the CFL, one might start to wonder if the flashes are all we ever really had of Johnny Football. What if all of us—the fans, the media, the evaluators—were all suckered into those Brett Favre comparisons, blind to the fact that Manziel was always a football equivalent of an M-80—burning brightly before a dramatic blowup? Stitch Manziel’s flashes together, and there’s a highlight reel worth clicking on to waste a lunch hour on Youtube. Then what?

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

....and BAD to be in Cleveland.........this kid never did or never will get "it"......at least Tebow, another questionable 1st round pick, worked his tail off in trying to achieve a successful NFL career.......Manziel has a better shot at either becoming a swizzle stick or an ice cube.....

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry 'Cane, but no comparison.....Manziel shoulda been wearing a clown barrel in the Green Room................

The difference between what should have been a 7th in Mazel and a 4th in EJ. Both ended up going in the first. 

3 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The difference between what should have been a 7th in Mazel and a 4th in EJ. Both ended up going in the first. 

LOL....there's a long, LONG laundry list over the last decade+ of 1st round picks who would never have been UDFA's yesteryear........and look how many are STILL extorting a paycheck masquerading as an NFL QB......exemplifies the decline and desperation of the position.....

19 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

The Grahamboys have gone into the witness protection program...

12 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

And the GM who replaced the lawyer kept the worst coach in NFL history on for yet another year....

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t stop laughing at this 

Feel kinda bad for the guy here.  I sure as heck wouldnt want my belly hanging out on tv.

Still, it was fairly obvious Friday night that the Allouettes need either a new coach or a complete roster overhaul.  This is outside of Manziel being terrible.

The teams give a damn was on the wrong side of utterly complacent.  Pretty obvious when you jump offside and then watch a back go 15 yards.  Or when 10 guys allow their quarterback to sprint 40 yards to make a tackle on an interception when they were 30 yards closer to the ball carrier.

Some of the worst football I have ever seen.  Rivaled the 2016 Browns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Or when 10 guys allow their quarterback to sprint 40 yards to make a tackle on an interception when they were 30 yards closer to the ball carrier.

Communication breakdown (it's always the same).  The Als' players weren't sure which official language (English or French) to yell "I'll get him!" in.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Hurricane said:

And a GM used a First Round pick on EJ Manuel

EJ Manuel is still collecting nfl checks.

He’s a thought.  Johnny Hobbit isn’t a good qb.  He looks like a midget out there.  He played in a super friendly college system, his best plays were running around like a maniac, and throwing jump balls to a 6’5” beast wr.

its just crazy how many people want to give this rich, entitled brat, who would show up to team meetings drunk or just blow them off, and who was alleged to hit his girlfriend another chance.  Great guy!

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ Manuel is still collecting nfl checks.

He’s a thought.  Johnny Hobbit isn’t a good qb.  He looks like a midget out there.  He played in a super friendly college system, his best plays were running around like a maniac, and throwing jump balls to a 6’5” beast wr.

its just crazy how many people want to give this rich, entitled brat, who would show up to team meetings drunk or just blow them off, and who was alleged to hit his girlfriend another chance.  Great guy!

That’s cause Johnny had more talent in his left pinky than EJM ever did.

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How long are you willing to wait?  Does a career as a reality show star count?

He would be qualified to be the next president though.  

34 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

That’s cause Johnny had more talent in his left pinky than EJM ever did.

Yup, you’re crushing it with this point!  EJ got a 2nd contract with the Raiders, Johnny 8Ball Nate Petermanned it in Montreal!!! ?

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He looks like a midget out there.  He played in a super friendly college system, his best plays were running around like a maniac, and throwing jump balls to a 6’5” beast wr.

So...how long until we give him a cereal line?  'Manziel Munchies'?  'Manziel Muffets'?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He would be qualified to be the next president though.  

Yup, you’re crushing it with this point!  EJ got a 2nd contract with the Raiders, Johnny 8Ball Nate Petermanned it in Montreal!!! ?

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah. That talent was on display Friday. <_< Hype dies hard.

Reality is unfair to good guy EJ!