Bills' Rookie Minicamp is May 11-12 - Saturday Practice Closed to the Media

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Allen is an impressive guy. I don't know if it's the number but he looks like a young Philip Rivers. 

It was an interesting interview.

Part of him was all round-eyed kid "Wow!  Jim Kelly!"

Part of him was all business: "It means I did the right things Day 1.  Day 1 doesn't mean anything.  I've got to go out there and consistently do it"

Part of him, in a careful way, has just a little bit of an edge, did anyone else see that?  When he was asked about the wide receivers, and he said "they did a really good job.  they were at the right depths, most of the time. we're here to get better, every day we're going to get better, so tomorrow, you're going to see crisper routes, you're going to see guys at the right depth more often, I'm excited to see these guys progress and the receivers they can become". 

That was a bit of a call-out - but it was so positive, and so smooth, if I were a WR, I'm like "yeah!  QB excited about me! getting better!  gonna get after it!"

• Like (+1) 1

I couldn't have been much more impressed by that interview with Josh. Aint easy to be humble and super confident. He really handled the questions well. Coaches must love him and I can see why they were enamored. 

He wasn't my first choice but I am all in until he proves otherwise, and just got my "Allentown - Est 2018" tee shirt.

• Like (+1) 7

By Matthew Fairburn | mfairburn@nyup.com

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- After months of picking apart his footwork, completion percentage and everything in between, Josh Allen finally took the field as an NFL quarterback when the Buffalo Bills started rookie minicamp. 

The clock is already ticking on Allen's development and the rush judgement is already underway. But this is hardly the setting to judge Allen. Sean McDermott insisted that he only wanted to see Allen improve. 

Right from the jump, the Bills quarterbacks coach David Culley was working on footwork and agility drills with Allen, who will need to develop more consistent footwork to fine-tune his accuracy. That appears to be an early emphasis of the coaching staff. 

Once the football started flying out of Allen's hand, he looked comfortable. He was enjoying himself and bringing the type of leadership and energy the Bills want in their franchise leader. 

"I was like a little kid again," Allen said. 

Here's what we learned at Bills minicamp. 

15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I couldn't have been much more impressed by that interview with Josh. Aint easy to be humble and super confident. He really handled the questions well. Coaches must love him and I can see why they were enamored. 

He wasn't my first choice but I am all in until he proves otherwise, and just got my "Allentown - Est 2018" tee shirt.

I hadn't heard about the t=shirt so I googled it.

I'm heading back to Buffalo soon and would like to get an Allentown t-shirt for my brother.

Is there a shop in Buffalo that have these or do you have to order them online?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Three thumbs up that Daboll was so interactive with Allen.  My question is can he keep that up once the season starts, especially if Allen is not the guy starting.

Hopefully Allen will have had so much repetition by then that the tendency to revert will be less pronounced.

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

I guess Polian didn't get the memo that QB's don't get 4 years to pan out anymore.

If Allen is struggling in his third year, he won't be getting a 4th. It's just the way the NFL works nowadays. Patience is a thing of the past.

Well he isnt saying that he suck for 3 then all of a sudden be great in the 4th.  Pan out means he grows each year, and by the 4th year he's really hitting his full potential and the Bills are going to be tough to beat.  

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hadn't heard about the t=shirt so I googled it.

I'm heading back to Buffalo soon and would like to get an Allentown t-shirt for my brother.

Is there a shop in Buffalo that have these or do you have to order them online?

I ordered it online. It was from Store716. Not sure if they have a storefront location or not. It took about ten days to get across the country from the day I ordered. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I ordered it online. It was from Store716. Not sure if they have a storefront location or not. It took about ten days to get across the country from the day I ordered. 

Thanks Kelly for the info.

Imagine if Dennison was still the OC?  Holy cow, Allen would be doomed.   I wasn't sure if our coaches were up to the challenge that is Josh Allen but I like what I see.   They are pretty much saying " this is what you do great at and this is what you suck at.  Now let's correct what you suck at." 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, #34fan said:

Many fans lost interest in those 18 years... Getting to a wildcard game and scoring 3 points didn't alter the teams image all that much.

i fail to understand this !o gic.  ThE team missed the playoffs SEVENTEEN years in a row. Won 5 out of last 7. Made the playoffs and lose by a TD.  And you can't get excited about that? You need to be re-,energized?

A lot of glass half emptiers it seems.

• Like (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Music blasting is a terrible Idea for RTC, and all TC's in general... The kids need to be focused on learning... Hard to do with garbage blaring in the background. :angry:

Its probably just a personal thing. I mean I work with 3D modeling and technical engineering documents, yet when I am not in a meeting or working directly with someone I play music in ears.

Also factor in - Game day its going to be loud so might as well get used to it.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

i fail to understand this !o gic.  ThE team missed the playoffs SEVENTEEN years in a row. Won 5 out of last 7. Made the playoffs and lose by a TD.  And you can't get excited about that?

After 17 years of failure, it'll take more than 3 points in a wildcard loss to get my blood up... Hopefully the fall will bring us "half-emptiers" a nice surprise.

17 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Also factor in - Game day its going to be loud so might as well get used to it.

So Pipe in some game day noise during TC... I actually like that idea.... Unlike rap or club music, it could actually serve a purpose.

Edited by #34fan

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think BFLO in the Eastern Hills Mall sells them as well. 

58 minutes ago, #34fan said:

So Pipe in some game day noise during TC... I actually like that idea.... Unlike rap or club music, it could actually serve a purpose.

I still feel many people are different on this. I have a very technical job and music (even rock or rap) helps me focus on my task at hand. Drowns out random sounds around the office, or someone talking on the phone. 

In fact when I was in sports I would have loved music at practice. Closest we came was when I played baseball and our field would get rained out and we would have gym practice (still doing hitting drills and full bullpen session) we got music then and it was great and productive. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Music has been proven to help people focus. So, it's effect is actually the opposite of what you thought.

The things we learn every day, right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Music has been proven to help people focus. So, it's effect is actually the opposite of what you thought.

Every day some stupid study is published praising the benefits of _______.

Two days later it's found to give you cancer. 

I enjoy a little Vivaldi at work. Played on mellow volume.... But I've been doing it for 18 years... If I was being trained on something new, silence would help me focus.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Every day some stupid study is published praising the benefits of _______.

Two days later it's found to give you cancer. 

I enjoy a little Vivaldi at work. Played on mellow volume.... But I've been doing it for 18 years... If I was being trained on something new, silence would help me focus.

Cool. You should publish your findings.

"The effects of Vivaldi on the training outcome of everyone named #34fan."

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Cool. You should publish your findings.

You mean like you published yours?

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Music has been proven to help people focus.

No thanks.

:)

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

No not half empties; people poking holes in bottom for it is all they are comfortable with.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Bills Defensive Lineman Harrison Phillips addressed the media after rookie mini camp topics include; his first NFL practice, learning from the veterans on the roster, and understanding the playbook.

He is signed now so he can wrestle now!

8 hours ago, #34fan said:

After 17 years of failure, it'll take more than 3 points in a wildcard loss to get my blood up... Hopefully the fall will bring us "half-emptiers" a nice surprise.

I bet you're loads of fun at parties.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

i fail to understand this !o gic.  ThE team missed the playoffs SEVENTEEN years in a row. Won 5 out of last 7. Made the playoffs and lose by a TD.  And you can't get excited about that? You need to be re-,energized?

It’s so pathetic really. Brand new staff basically from top to bottom and massive roster turnover all before the season started. People thinking tank season.... then they freaking win 4 of their last 6 to break the drought and then go play a one score game in the playoffs all while STILL having acquired draft capitol and clearing cap and guys like #34fan just can’t seem to get excited. And go to default responses like “3 points in a playoff game” blah blah blah blah. That’s a lost soul right there. And there are plenty others around here just like that. 

It’s all honestly so freaking lame. People wanna be at the finish line before the start gun ever fires. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, #34fan said:

Music blasting is a terrible Idea for RTC, and all TC's in general... The kids need to be focused on learning... Hard to do with garbage blaring in the background. :angry:

and get off my !@#$ing lawn!!!

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm afraid that for some the glass is badly cracked.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Haha (+1) 5