RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

14 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I’m just happy the bills are committed to a QB and have finally addressed the position.

If they are wrong on him, keep trying until you get it right 

This ^^^^^ at least we didn't give up much like many were predicting ( me included) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Oh, I see. You're upset because you got fired from Russ Brandon's advanced analytics department. Have any high level business meetings scheduled for tomorrow? 

1.) Decision making: Josh Allen scored a 37 on the wonderlic, light-years ahead of Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold.

2.) Accuracy: Had a poor supporting cast, will benefit from having a stronger unit around him along with design plays.

Set the crack pipe down, aren't clairvoyant? OK? You don't know what the future brings, PERIOD.

What supporting cast do you see here? Maybe you're the one who should give up the crack.

Just now, KzooMike said:

No, I do not “trust the process” on this pick. Beane could be a masterful GM in every area, that doesn’t mean crap regarding his ability to land a good QB. If you read his excerpt on what he likes in a QB from last year...big, strong arm, durable. Basically Cam Newton 2.0.  Then you look at the comments by ESPN, Terry fell in love with Allen. So Allen matched what Beane likes based on what? Cam? A freak show athlete on all levels. Based on when every NFL GM likes? Yet with this kid they didn’t like it enough to take him....

You didn’t win this time Beane. You outsmarted yourself aided with ownership which made it all easy. Maybe even forgiveable when he busts. Did you watch his feet on any of the film? Who is the QB guru that will keep him from bailing in the pocket when he has a pocket? 

I hope we lock this thread and look back at it in three years and myself and many others have to eat it. I don’t see it happening. If Rosen pans out and Allen doesn’t it should cost Beane his job. 

So many guys saying Rosen has it and Allen doesn’t. You guys are good I will give you that!!! Most experts have a hard enough time getting one right yet you guys know both of em already! 

Let’s get some of you in the war room next year (sorry Irv)

6 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

You like him, and more power to you, but it seems like you're suggesting people shouldn't be allowed to express a snap judgement on draft night. That's lunacy. I'm devastated we picked Allen over Rosen, and I've made it known. Doesn't mean I'm not rooting for Allen on the deepest possible level. 

That's fine but what's NOT OK is saying someone is a BUST after 0 NFL snaps.

Just now, Mike in Syracuse said:

Do you have any kind of a guarantee that Darnold will be great?     Nope.....

I don’t. But of all the top 4, he is the biggest risk to me.  For it to fall like it did and trade up for him, especially giving up two 2nd round picks...

This was one of my two biggest disappointment outcomes. I’m deflated and pissed. 

I’ll be happy to be wrong, but I doubt I am 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

No, I do not “trust the process” on this pick. Beane could be a masterful GM in every area, that doesn’t mean crap regarding his ability to land a good QB. If you read his excerpt on what he likes in a QB from last year...big, strong arm, durable. Basically Cam Newton 2.0.  Then you look at the comments by ESPN, Terry fell in love with Allen. So Allen matched what Beane likes based on what? Cam? A freak show athlete on all levels. Based on when every NFL GM likes? Yet with this kid they didn’t like it enough to take him....

You didn’t win this time Beane. You outsmarted yourself aided with ownership which made it all easy. Maybe even forgiveable when he busts. Did you watch his feet on any of the film? Who is the QB guru that will keep him from bailing in the pocket when he has a pocket? 

I hope we lock this thread and look back at it in three years and myself and many others have to eat it. I don’t see it happening. If Rosen pans out and Allen doesn’t it should cost Beane his job. 

I liked Rosen better too. But the AZ Cardinals didn't unless Rapoport was lying. That should tell us both something. " Rapoport said AZ was interested to trade up and get Allen". That's kind of a game/set/match

Edited by 34-78-83

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed it’s stupid to say something one way or the other.  I do think you should pay attention to evidence. And IMO, has the most evidence to not be successful as any top 10 qb since Blaine Gabbert.  

Also, for a guy with a cannon, he’d probably like Sammy to throw to. Oh well.

He was my least favorite out of the 4. But this FO has done a lot of “right” so far. Why stop trusting them now? Do people think that beane doesn’t know his job is probably tied to this? I’m sure he freaking knows. 

I totally understand not agreeing with the pick but people on here saying they know he’s gonna bust and that this will be what sinks the ship honestly are just moronic. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Oh, I see. You're upset because you got fired from Russ Brandon's advanced analytics department. Have any high level business meetings scheduled for tomorrow? 

1.) Decision making: Josh Allen scored a 37 on the wonderlic, light-years ahead of Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold.

2.) Accuracy: Had a poor supporting cast, will benefit from having a stronger unit around him along with design plays.

Set the crack pipe down, aren't clairvoyant? OK? You don't know what the future brings, PERIOD.

1. Being smart means absolutely nothing when it comes to reading a defense or knowing where to go with the ball. His game film shows a guy who struggles enormously when pressured, and who often fails to move past his first progression. 

2. His bad supporting cast played bad defenses. He had the lowest drop rate of all the QBs in the draft. 

Guys like Josh Allen never succeed in the modern NFL. Just ask Jake Locker, EJ Manuel, Kyle Boller, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Freeman or Akili Smith. 

We just drafted a less accurate version of Blake Bortles. 

• Haha (+1) 3

yeah, F this kid! I guess we see why the Bills didn't draft him... 

I've watched some Rosen interviews since he was drafted and he is, IMO, totally coming off like a petty little spoiled brat. 

I wasn't worried about his personality issues, but I may have been wrong on that. 

This kid is going to be a controversial quote machine... lol 

Edit - He didn't actually say this. My bad. 

I seen someone else in this thread post that quote, so I searched for it and seen this. Didn't realize it was just a joke. I apologize. 

I don't really use Twitter, so... 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think Bills fans have seen enough project QBs over the past 20 years come in and absolutely suck. They wanted the opposite. They got Allen. Another project QB who needs a lot of work.

Nobody wants him to fail. A lot here expect him to. That's all.

Josh Rosen has multiple concussions and a neck injury,  we can no assurance that he'll last a single season in the NFL.   It's all a giant crap shoot.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

What supporting cast do you see here? Maybe you're the one who should give up the crack.

Guess what? He has more here than he did in college which is a reflection of how poor his team was. How many players do you think will get drafted from Wyoming? Maybe you should go take a nap and sleep off the alcohol you had tonight.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t. But of all the top 4, he is the biggest risk to me.  For it to fall like it did and trade up for him, especially giving up two 2nd round picks...

This was one of my two biggest disappointment outcomes. I’m deflated and pissed. 

I’ll be happy to be wrong, but I doubt I am 

Only time will tell.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I've watched some Rosen interviews since he was drafted and he is, IMO, totally coming off like a petty little spoiled brat. 

I wasn't worried about his personality issues, but I may have been wrong on that. 

It’s a joke account, Rosen didn’t say that

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

You do realize that's a joke, right? And Rosen never said it? "NOTSportsCenter" not a big enough clue for you?

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

You realize that's a parody account or are you so simple you think that's reputable?

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

1. Being smart means absolutely nothing when it comes to reading a defense or knowing where to go with the ball. His game film shows a guy who struggles enormously when pressured, and who often fails to move past his first progression. 

2. His bad supporting cast played bad defenses. He had the lowest drop rate of all the QBs in the draft. 

Guys like Josh Allen never succeed in the modern NFL. Just ask Jake Locker, EJ Manuel, Kyle Boller, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Freeman or Akili Smith. 

We just drafted a less accurate version of Blake Bortles. 

I know your type, I hate the know it all nerd types. You cannot predict the future and you're not as smart as you think. Also, if you think it's OK to call a player a bust before he even played 1 game, morally you are a sleezeball.

28 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Tell me again which coaches we have that have done great things with QB's and passing games.

That Tua kid looked pretty good in the National Championship in January no?

2 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

The point is that we passed on Rosen because of character.

How do you know that? Maybe it was the concussion history? The general injury history? Or the slighter frame? Maybe it was related to personality and/or work ethic? I’m not saying it’s not true, just that none of us know what exactly weighed into the decision. And we will never know. 

Look, I wanted Rosen, but we don’t know how the decision was made. Ive never personally met either of them. Have you? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I know your type, I hate the know it all nerd types. You cannot predict the future and you're not as smart as you think. Also, if you think it's OK to call a player a bust before he even played 1 game, morally you are a sleezeball.

Whoa.  "Morally a sleezeball"  for calling a football player a bust?  

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

He was my least favorite out of the 4. But this FO has done a lot of “right” so far. Why stop trusting them now? Do people think that beane doesn’t know his job is probably tied to this? I’m sure he freaking knows. 

I totally understand not agreeing with the pick but people on here saying they know he’s gonna bust and that this will be what sinks the ship honestly are just moronic. 

Yeah, I’m not willing to bury him but it’s super worrisome.  And I’m in the minority but I think besides secondary and the Tyrod trade, I think it’s a little overblown what the new front office has done.  We are lacking talent big time.