Just reported on NFL network moving the chains, Browns willing to deal 4th pick - Schefter Reporting the Same

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sounds like a Captain obvious commercial...They would be fools not to listen to offers, of course this is the Browns, so I guess it is news.

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Myles Garrett was just on NFL Network. Seemed pretty upset at the possibility they would spend a top pick on an edge rusher. He said if it was up to him he would use both picks on offense. He said him and Emanuel are all set and are looking forward to both being on the field healthy this year. He said Chubb didn't have a good combine and that he hopes he plays better on the field. It's pretty shady in Cleveland today! 

Well, that might get a little awkward! :wacko:

Thank goodness we have Barkley, Chubb and Nelson to distract people from the QB’s.  

5 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Then forget about getting to 2.

There is no way that we are getting to 2 from 12 without trading our 19 1st

If we get a true Franchise QB, I’m OK with that. Next year we have cap space and we’ll just take a different approach to stocking the roster. Now....go back to that first word.....IF.  I pray they know what they are doing! 

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That's my big concern as well.   THAT would be a real gut punch, especially if they have a deal in place with the Brownies to get to #4...

As I have been saying the last day or so I think that Darnold being prized by the Giants is just to goad Cleveland to take him so Rosen is there for the Giants.  The Jets may have screwed themselves especially if Mayfield was not on their list.

59 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Myles Garrett was just on NFL Network. Seemed pretty upset at the possibility they would spend a top pick on an edge rusher. He said if it was up to him he would use both picks on offense. He said him and Emanuel are all set and are looking forward to both being on the field healthy this year. He said Chubb didn't have a good combine and that he hopes he plays better on the field. It's pretty shady in Cleveland today! 

Wow! well there's that now anyway. Bad combine and doesn't want him.....flammable situation.

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't know if we can get away with keeping next year's 1st. Let's say the Cardinals offer pick 15 this year and next year's 1st. They don't project to be good this year so Dorsey might see that offer as better than 12 and 22 this year. But I wonder if we could keep pick 22 if we have to give up next year's 1st. A lot of different scenarios are possible.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know if we can get away with keeping next year's 1st. Let's say the Cardinals offer pick 15 this year and next year's 1st. They don't project to be good this year so Dorsey might see that offer as better than 12 and 22 this year. But I wonder if we could keep pick 22 if we have to give up next year's 1st. A lot of different scenarios are possible.

As long as we have final say we should be ok. 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Its the only scenario I see .. 2019 1st rd pick is in the conversation especially if its Cleveland. They have tons of picks this year they be better spreading that out IMO

2 hours ago, Zac said:

Well if the Bills can get to 4, they can easily get to 2.  There is almost no risk for the Giants to drop from 2 to 4 if they aren't interested in a QB.  They should take anything they can get to do that.  

It is all about that fifth year option for the Browns, but I think it will take next year's first to get to no. 4. There may not be much left to get from no. 4 to no. 2 unless you include a player (Shady).

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Glazer on NFLN just said he feels strongly Jets would nab Rosen , says Baker is smokescreen..

Is it Thursday yet?!??

Just now, Lurker said:

That's my big concern as well.   THAT would be a real gut punch, especially if they have a deal in place with the Brownies to get to #4...

This is my biggest fear as well. 

I just keep hoping beyond hope that his personality and/or political views will scare them off (with Woody being a Trump ambassador and neighbor of his). 

It seems kind of unlikely to me that something like this (politics) would stop them from picking him, but I can hope... 

It would be a personal nightmare of mine to see Rosen with the NYJ. 

But as as long as the Bills end up with Darnold or Rosen I don't care what any other team does! 

Ugh I am going to be such a nervous wreck tomorrow. I wish Buffalo could get to #2 so we didn't have to worry about the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

As I have been saying the last day or so I think that Darnold being prized by the Giants is just to goad Cleveland to take him so Rosen is there for the Giants.  The Jets may have screwed themselves especially if Mayfield was not on their list.

I don't think Giants want Rosen, Giants need a RB and don't want Cleveland to wait on taking a QB IMO. So if Cleveland thinks Giants could go QB they better grab the one they want first and not wait. Then boom Giants go RB and Cleveland either gets Chubb or trades out of 4 IMO. IMO Giants are building for a playoff run now. Eli will have more to work with this year IMO while giants could take a 3rd or 4th round QB if they even take one this year IMO.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is probably the right attitude. I’m preparing for a high character G and C in the first, followed by the most pro ready qb in the 5th.

Didn't we get "the most pro ready QB" in the 5th last year? Or so Jon Gruden said.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

29 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I think this guy is a perfect fit for Buffalo. He will help remove that whipped puppy mentality and give the team some Swag. Make it happen.

The team has some swag.  Some fans could use a strong dose of confidence to fight their whoa-is-us-because-we're-Buffalo disease

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

LOL. Now there is some drivel 

Dorsey's bride doesn't even know.Early speculation..Darnold one..Chubb at 4. Appears fans want to end the selling off..they want a competitive team now,which is understandable.Per the Drennan show.

Edited by Misterbluesky

27 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

It is all about that fifth year option for the Browns, but I think it will take next year's first to get to no. 4. There may not be much left to get from no. 4 to no. 2 unless you include a player (Shady).

If you mean 12, 22, and next year's first for 4, I'm passing on that.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I hope this fellow with a sparkle in his eyes isn't a grammar school teacher. :wub:

Don't tell you you don't recognize Hedley Lamarr! Greatest wild west villain who ever lived!!

Listening to Schopp and Bulldog today. I really hope that they do not Pass on Rosen because they want a Quiet Yes man. 

But that would so point to past Bills passing in Talent because he is not a “nice” guy. 

They make is seem they would be scared to take Rosen because of his out spoken ness. The hat etc etc 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

If rosen passes #5, i would be weary of fins, cards and maybe even pats moving up to get him.  I think he as the potential to fall to us at 12, but im scared of the fins grabbing him or cardinals leap us.  If rosen is at 7 we need to move up and get him.  

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Don't tell you you don't recognize Hedley Lamarr! Greatest wild west villain who ever lived!!

It was bothering me because the picture you showed reminded me of someone that I recognized from an old TV show. Later on I came to the conclusion that it was Harvey Korman from the Carol Burnett Show. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=carol+burnett+show+cast&rlz=1C1AYBJ_enUS769US769&oq=Carol+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61j69i57j0l3.6059j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

24 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Dorsey's bride doesn't even know.Early speculation..Barkley at one..Chubb at 4. Appears fans want to end the selling off..they want a competitive team now,which is understandable.Per the Drennan show.

No chance a QB doesn't go to Cleveland at 1. Which one is the question.  4 is up in the air. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It was bothering me because the picture you showed reminded me of someone that I recognized from an old TV show. Later on I came to the conclusion that it was Harvey Korman from the Carol Burnett Show. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=carol+burnett+show+cast&rlz=1C1AYBJ_enUS769US769&oq=Carol+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i61j69i57j0l3.6059j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yep, Harvey Korman. The one and only! A funnier man never walked this planet. His portrayal of Hedley Lamarr in 'Blazing Saddles' is a classic.