Brandon beane the new Tim Murray?

In all fairness, Murray couldn’t tank right 

beane choked and we are stuck at 12 instead of a top 5 pick. 

Will miss on qb like the sabres missed out on McDavid and Matthews ,

will miss playoffs offs and get stuck with a second tier player like eichel 

Can’t wait to see Lamar Jackson lead this team to consistent 8-8 seasons while mayfield takes the jets to the playoffs

• Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Can’t wait to see Lamar Jackson lead this team to consistent 8-8 seasons while mayfield takes the jets to the playoffs

Too early to say. So far he's done it all right. And the Bills did the opposite of tanking.

So far Beane's been great. But it is really early. We'll see how the draft turns out in a few weeks and maybe have a better idea then.

EDIT:  Oh, I see, you're a troll. Got it.

Edited by Thurman#1

Beane got outwitted by the jets, who didn’t have nearly as much to offer in terms of draft capital. 

Traded away watkins and Dareus trying to lose,

set this franchise back 10 years missing out on an while the jets will take over with mayfield 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Beane got outwitted by the jets, who didn’t have nearly as much to offer in terms of draft capital. 

set this franchise back 10 years missing out on an while the jets will take over with mayfield 

Lol. Well the Bills talked to the Colts at least a week before the Jets trade. No one was outwitted. You can have all the " capital" you want , but the Jets had something the Bills didn't . A high draft pick in round one. It was simply too good for the Colts to pass up as they risk almost nothing moving from 3 to 6 with the Jets going QB. That's still high enough to move down again if things really heat up for the last QB. The Jets were already ahead of the Bills in the draft order. 6 is better than 12 the way the draft works. This isn't hard to understand, so I'll assume you are capable of doing so. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hey buddy, come down off that ledge. Even if your wife left you and your son hates you.

**Sings Loudly**

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend, 
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in, 
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Jets didnt have to offer as much because they only had to move up 3 spots not 9. For what the jets had to give up to move up 3 spots was alot. If they hit on a QB then it was worth it

18 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

How did Beane choke? He wasn't even here when McDermott got hired. He traded away some of our top tier talent, and yet despite that the Bills won enough games along with the math working in their favor they were able to get into the play-offs. 

Oh btw he was able to get a good amount of draft capital while overturning the roster with 30+ new players, and traded Tyrod for basically a late second rounder. When many thought he had no trade value at all. 

Yet, here we are, with some individual that possible is in the midst of consuming several alcoholic beverages and decided to grace up with this thread. 

21 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

quit smoking that wacky tabacky....your post made me laugh... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Good for you---that's the spirit. I hope you have a nice HDT large screen TV to watch it on.

48 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

QBorBust = Jerry Sullivan!

Sully500.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Cool post, bro.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Too early to say. So far he's done it all right. And the Bills did the opposite of tanking.

So far Beane's been great. We'll see how the draft turns out in a few weeks and maybe have a better idea then.

Im not hating on Beane, but so far he hasn't done much to inspire confidence. He has done ok stockpiling picks and putting us in a good draft position. But he hasn't shown that he can bring in talent. most of the players he brought in have done very little. His best acquisition was probably getting Kelvin Benjamin for a 3rd rounder, and he didn't really have a great season for us and played injured. 

So far his highlights are

-trading away Sammy for a 2nd rounder and Gaines who was injured most of the time (no longer on the team)

-trading away Darby for a 3rd rounder and Matthews (injured and no longer on the team)

-Trading Darius for peanuts

-Trading a 3rd rounder for Kelvin Benjamin (injured most of the time)

-trading tyrod for a high 3rd rounder, this looks like a good trade for us

-signing murphey- another player with an injury, we will see how this plays out

-Signing Star- looks like a solid pick up with a fair contract, we will see how he plays this year for us

So far, he looks like he has been good at getting us draft capital. I love sean as our coach, but I am very skeptical of Bean as our Gm right now. he needs more time to prove himself, he hasn't even had a draft yet. But I personally feel he takes too many fliers on players with injury history, more talent has left than comes in, and I fear all this work getting draft picks is going to be sucked into him picking the wrong QB. 

I need to see how he drafts and how the draft class performs. but I am skeptical for the moment

• Like (+1) 2

Daddy, tell me the story how Tim Murray choked and ended up with Jack Eichel?

7 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

Im not hating on Beane, but so far he hasn't done much to inspire confidence. He has done ok stockpiling picks and putting us in a good draft position. But he hasn't shown that he can bring in talent. most of the players he brought in have done very little. His best acquisition was probably getting Kelvin Benjamin for a 3rd rounder, and he didn't really have a great season for us and played injured. 

-trading away Sammy for a 2nd rounder and Gaines who was injured most of the time (no longer on the team)

-trading away Darby for a 3rd rounder and Matthews (injured and no longer on the team)

-Signing Star- looks like a solid pick up with a fair contract, we will see how he plays this year for us

So far, he looks like he has been good at getting us draft capital. I love sean as our coach, but I am very skeptical of Bean as our Gm right now. he needs more time to prove himself, he hasn't even had a draft yet. But I personally feel he takes too many fliers on players with injury history, more talent has left than comes in, and I fear all this work getting draft picks is going to be sucked into him picking the wrong QB. 

I need to see how he drafts and how the draft class performs. but I am skeptical for the moment

This. 

I am never a fan of dropping talent, just to add talent. He has a lot riding on this draft, at least for me, because as of today, this roster is worse than the one he inherited. I guess that’s by design but it is a risk. 

We still eat eat a bunch of dead money for Dareus. I don’t get it still. Also not thrilled with the Darby trade either. We got not a whole lot in return for that one. 

This draft for me is dependent on getting a QB. 

If we draft Jackson this board will be 1,000 times worse than when TT was QB. Also in two years Beanie and McD will be fired and Jackson will never lead this team to an 8-8 record or better.

The Sabres finished dead last in the McDavid draft year. They had the highest odds at him. There was absolutely nothing more the Sabres could have done to better their chances at getting him. The draft lottery screwed us.

But finishing last guaranteed us Eichel. Finishing one spot better and we'd have Dylan Strome right now instead of a Eichel. So Murray definitely had the Sabres exactly where they needed to be in 2015. Getting Eichel was a blessing, and one heck of a consolation prize. He is one of the best young players in the game, and has a chance to be a top 5 player in the NHL in the coming years.

Yes, Eichel is second tier to McDavid, but McDavid is just on another planet. He's a once in a decade type player, maybe even once in a generation. Eichel is a #1 pick in most drafts (look back from Crosby's draft year to Eichel's - he goes #1 in many/most of those years). 

You can argue that he tried to speed things up too much and should have tanked again in 2016 to put us in a better spot for Matthews. I would definitely agree on him trading away too many assets trying to speed things up. IMO that set the Sabres back years. 

Overall, Tim Murray sucked as a GM and did a lot of things wrong. Finishing last for the 2015 draft was not one of those things. 

As far as the Bills making the playoffs (which is a GREAT THING! 17 years!!), isn't that more on McDermott than Beane? 

Beane didn't do much to help the 2017 Bills. He traded away a bunch of talent, cleaned up the cap and stockpiled a bunch draft picks. IMO he did a great job positioning the Bills to be successful in the future. 

If you are saying he and McDermott should have done more to purposely throw away a season, I disagree. How can you possibly earn the respect of the locker room and get guys to buy in if you do that?

But lets actually wait until the draft before we say that they missed out on a QB.

They could trade up (technically they already did), or they could stay at 12 and a QB could fall right to them. Or they could take a QB at 12/22/53 etc and he could end up being one of the better QBs in the draft, and have a better career than whoever the Jets take at 3 (plus the other three top 49 picks they gave up). The Bills could stay put, use all their picks to build a Greta all around team and kick the Jets arse for the next 5 years...

Let's just see how things play out. Love the total negativity though! lol 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Oh crap, I missed the draft? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

49 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

I agree it's early and he still has a lot to prove.

But he brought in Matthews (who was injured and couldn't play but looked like a good pickup) and Gaines, who was a terrific pickup.

And as for why he hadn't brought in many, how could he? By the time he came to Buffalo the draft was over and the FA market had been open for more than a month. His pickups this year, in Lotulelei and Murphy as you say look pretty good.

Edited by Thurman#1