Kevin White

I sit firmly in the camp of “the Bills receivers are bad.” Would you deal a late round pick to the Bears for Kevin White? He is seemingly healthy (finally) and they have added Robinson and Gabriel. It’s probably not likely that White regains his form but was an elite talent just a few years ago. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Why when we could get Cameron Meredith without giving up a pick? If the knee is ok he would be a really solid pick up.

I wouldn't mind signing Meredith and trying to get White for a 7th or 6th next year. The Bills receiving core beyond Benjamin and the hope of Zay Jones bouncing back is pretty bleak. Take a flyer on both players and draft a player in the 3rd or 2nd. There isn't much left on the market so take a chance on some players and if one pans out that's a lot of help. 

17 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Why when we could get Cameron Meredith without giving up a pick? If the knee is ok he would be a really solid pick up.

The Bears will 100% match offers on Meredith unless it's such a stupid deal that you would be made at your team for offering it. They have plenty of cap space and no reason not to match.

13 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Had a huge upside. Would be silly for Bears to let him go for peanuts ? 

Yea but sometimes situations get dicey and it happens. Not sure if either side is completely soured here but I suppose possible it could happen 

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't mind signing Meredith and trying to get White for a 7th or 6th next year. The Bills receiving core beyond Benjamin and the hope of Zay Jones bouncing back is pretty bleak. Take a flyer on both players and draft a player in the 3rd or 2nd. There isn't much left on the market so take a chance on some players and if one pans out that's a lot of help. 

I’d be thrilled with either one. 

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I sit firmly in the camp of “the Bills receivers are bad.” Would you deal a late round pick to the Bears for Kevin White? He is seemingly healthy (finally) and they have added Robinson and Gabriel. It’s probably not likely that White regains his form but was an elite talent just a few years ago. 

I like the upside. Lets put a package together that get's us to 8 and gets uS White.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'd give a 5th rounder for him. Still has elite potential imo, he has just had horrible luck with injuries. His college film looked similar to Sammy Watkins

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Depends on how healthy he really is. Will he be as 'available' as McD wants his players to be ? Really wasnt a factor in his time with the Bears. Low draft pick is fine if we want to take a flyer but I honestly dont know his $$ cost. If BADOL is correct, then $2.7 MM sounds too high. 

With as talent-poor as the Bills are at WR, they can't afford not to give a player such as White a look. FAs aren't coming here until the QB position is settled, the draft isn't rich in WR's and a little dumpster diving isn't beneath them at this point. 

I’ll be the first to admit that I thought Kevin White was going to be the best WR in that class. 

Injuries have derailed him completely, obviously...

but why would anyone give anything more than a late 7th for him?

He’s proven to be made of glass. 

22 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

I'd give a 5th rounder for him. Still has elite potential imo, he has just had horrible luck with injuries. His college film looked similar to Sammy Watkins

5th???

Let me ask you - what do you think Zay is worth in terms of draft picks?

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Late round? Why not?

Sure.  But, it would almost be guaranteed a one year deal.

i think he was #7 or 8 overall pick and this is his 4th year?

So, you don’t pick up the 5th year.  If he does well he hits FAs and gets paid or we franchise him.

One year rental with some potential and expensive cap hit..maybe $6 million?

But, he could be a number #2 and we don’t have a #2.

I say sure.

11 minutes ago, Manther said:

Sure.  But, it would almost be guaranteed a one year deal.

i think he was #7 or 8 overall pick and this is his 4th year?

So, you don’t pick up the 5th year.  If he does well he hits FAs and gets paid or we franchise him.

One year rental with some potential and expensive cap hit..maybe $6 million?

But, he could be a number #2 and we don’t have a #2.

I say sure.

Cap hit this year is $2.6m if traded which is a bigger risk than the pick... and still not a big risk 

really the pick could turn into a higher comp down the line with his expiring contract depending on how the plus minus goes (the next offseason should see signings)

Edited by NoSaint

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

$2.7M cap hit this year(basically his walk year with a $14M option in 2019).

$2.7M isn't a ton but it's a lot for flyer on a complete failure like White.

This puts things into perspective.  Hell no to Kevin white.  We can sign a good player for 2.7 mill.  No chance Beane spends the last of his money on a broken bum

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This puts things into perspective.  Hell no to Kevin white.  We can sign a good player for 2.7 mill.  No chance Beane spends the last of his money on a broken bum

Thats like the 70th highest paid wr. Could you get a safer guy? Yea. But with the risk comes potential reward.

Our #1 WR is 6’5 and has a history of knee problems.  Those problems will likely persist. Our #2 wr could be in a mental hospital come opening day.  If we’re going to spend 2.7 mill on a wr, the last guy I’d want to pay is Kevin white.  Sure, it would be nice to have a guy with tremendous upside.  This season, we need a guy that has tremendous durability. We have to make that 2.7 mill count.  I wouldn’t count on Kevin White.  And you shouldn’t either 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don't worry Kirbs, we will draft some even after we trade up.

We can get DJ Chark or Dante Pettis in the third along with TE Mark Andrews - Championship buddy.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Don't worry Kirbs, we will draft some even after we trade up.

We can get DJ Chark or Dante Pettis in the third along with TE Mark Andrews - Championship buddy.

I would take any and all of those guys in a heartbeat!! 

I really just saw Kevin White’s name on Twitter or something and it got me thinking. He wasn’t a guy that had crossed my mind prior. White could be like buying a powerball ticket when the jackpot is really high. You are probably wasting your money but at the cost he might be worth it. He is supposed to be ready for the full offseason program. It was just a thought to get a high upside guy for pennies on the dollar.

My thought was was something like White and their 7th for our 6th. The worst case scenario is you cut him. The best case scenario is you found a talented WR. It’s worth the risk IMO.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not just late round. Last round. 

Former top 10 pick? Love grabbing underachievers rather than TC heroes.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bakin said:

I’ll be the first to admit that I thought Kevin White was going to be the best WR in that class. 

Injuries have derailed him completely, obviously...

but why would anyone give anything more than a late 7th for him?

He’s proven to be made of glass. 

5th???

Let me ask you - what do you think Zay is worth in terms of draft picks?

I just don't value 5th round or later picks, if the draft is a crap shoot the ods of finding a star in the 5th are even longer. Kevin still has potential but like you said, made of glass thus far.

Zay wouldn't be on the block, i still see him as a potential star who had a tough rookie year, I wont be surprised if he starts balling next year as he flashed in preseason. Also wont be surprised if he falls on his face and cant catch the ball again. Time will tell

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Thats like the 70th highest paid wr. Could you get a safer guy? Yea. But with the risk comes potential reward.

I would rather try to get Martavis Bryant or Travis Benjamin........Kirby probably would as well.

I could see Kelvin Benjamin included in a trade-up with Giants if they deal OBJ.

Would only get between 2nd and 4th round value for him but getting Eli a new Plaxico-esque option in KB to replace OBJ might help close the deal.

I am having a hard time seeing a scenario where KB gets extended in Buffalo at $14M-$17M per year......between his knees and his "tweener" WR/TE value/status.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I would take any and all of those guys in a heartbeat!! 

I really just saw Kevin White’s name on Twitter or something and it got me thinking. He wasn’t a guy that had crossed my mind prior. White could be like buying a powerball ticket when the jackpot is really high. You are probably wasting your money but at the cost he might be worth it. He is supposed to be ready for the full offseason program. It was just a thought to get a high upside guy for pennies on the dollar.

My thought was was something like White and their 7th for our 6th. The worst case scenario is you cut him. The best case scenario is you found a talented WR. It’s worth the risk IMO.

Well I never heard of him so he can't be any good :D

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would rather try to get Martavis Bryant or Travis Benjamin........Kirby probably would as well.

I could see Kelvin Benjamin included in a trade-up with Giants if they deal OBJ.

Would only get between 2nd and 4th round value for him but getting Eli a new Plaxico-esque option in KB to replace OBJ might help close the deal.

I am having a hard time seeing a scenario where KB gets extended in Buffalo at $14M-$17M per year......between his knees and his "tweener" WR/TE value/status.   

Generally would agree on all fronts 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

@Kirby Jackson...

Saints are signing Bears’ restricted free-agent WR Cameron Meredith to an offer sheet, per source. Saints’ WR coach Curtis Johnson is the former Bears’ WR coach, and knows Meredith well.

Watch him put up crazy numbers.