Would you trade Leighton Vander Esch, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, and Mason Rudolph for Josh Rosen?

I wouldn't, and I hope Brandon Beane agrees.

And this is even a bare minimum of what it would cost to get to #2. Using the chart, #12 (Vander Esch), #22 (Moore), #53 (Rudolph), and #65 (Penny) get you to #2, but because of the Jets trade, you'll probably have to give up significantly more than that. Is Rosen (or your other preferred QB other than Darnold) better than Rudolph to the extent that you're willing to just not have Vander Esch, Moore, Penny, and some other high-impact player?

I am firmly in the camp of keeping our picks at this point. The Bills are in position to build a dominant roster. Let McCarron, Rudolph, and Peterman compete.

FYI: the available players came from the Fanspeak draft simulator using Matt Miller's board and the difficult algorithm.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I appreciate the OP don’t get me wrong but putting names to it does NOTHING to change my mind. Look I don’t “know” which qbs will pan out I get that. But theoretically drafting Rudolph just to check the box of drafting a qb is so wildly irrelevant in my opinion. Swing for the fences, now

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

No.  I would not.  Give mccaron some weapons and a defense and see what he's got and have Rudolph develop 

Maybe that's what the Falcons should have done in 2008: pass on Matt Ryan, keep Joey Harrington at QB and take the best defensive player available at 3.  If they did that, they'd have multiple Lombardi trophies in Mercedes Benz Stadium <thick sarcasm>

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

7 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I wouldn't, and I hope Brandon Beane agrees.

And this is even a bare minimum of what it would cost to get to #2. Using the chart, #12 (Vander Esch), #22 (Moore), #53 (Rudolph), and #65 (Penny) get you to #2, but because of the Jets trade, you'll probably have to give up significantly more than that. Is Rosen (or your other preferred QB other than Darnold) better than Rudolph to the extent that you're willing to just not have Vander Esch, Moore, Penny, and some other high-impact player?

I am firmly in the camp of keeping our picks at this point. The Bills are in position to build a dominant roster. Let McCarron, Rudolph, and Peterman compete.

FYI: the available players came from the Fanspeak draft simulator using Matt Miller's board and the difficult algorithm.

Would you trade high impact players like Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragnuts,  Adolphus Washington and Zay Jones for Josh Rosen?

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

No.  I would not.  Give mccaron some weapons and a defense and see what he's got and have Rudolph develop 

I repeat. When McCarron had AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Tyler Eifert in CIN he put up pedestrian numbers.  He's a bridge to the franchise QB.  2018 draft baby!

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Maybe that's what the Falcons should have done in 2008: pass on Matt Ryan, keep Joey Harrington at QB and take the best defensive player available at 3.  If they did that, they'd have multiple Lombardi trophies in Mercedes Benz Stadium <thick sarcasm>

The Falcons have yet to win a SB...with or without Ryan. I get that Ryan was a good pick, but your sarcasm misses the mark for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

ABSOF**KINLUTELY YEAH! And if it helps I'd be all in on offering the Giants 12, 22 and next years #1 if that became necessary...

If Rosen/Darnold were available at #2 I'd do it in an instant... It is that important...

Hell - I'm even starting to warm to the idea of Josh Allen....

Edited by DefenseWins

30 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

This is exactly the kind of thinking that gets you a 17 year playoff drought. Investing in mediocrity is no way to live your life son.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Respectfully, I think ya'll have lost your ever-loving minds! Time will be the judge on Josh Rosen.

First off, draft would have to work out perfectly for that to happen. 

Secondly, hell yes. Give me Rosen every time!

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Problem is going to be would the Giants? They have a 53 year old QB that hasn't played that well in awhile. Maybe they are thinking the same thing? Eli to Rosen for the next decade might be too good to pass at any price.

Edited by slaphappy
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

ABSOF**KINLUTELY YEAH! And if it helps I'd be all in on offering the Giants 12, 22 and next years #1 if that became necessary...

If Rosen/Darnold were available at #2 I'd do it in an instant... It is that important...

Hell - I'm even starting to warm to the idea of Josh Allen....

I was with you up until Allen. Were you one of those guys that fell for Nassib after all of the message board hype? 

2 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

Problem is going to be would the Giants? They have a 53 year old QB that hasn't played that well in awhile. Maybe they are thinking the same thing? Eli to Rosen for the next decade might be too good to pass at any price.

I’d have to agree. I really don’t think Giants even want to trade. Especially not to 12. 

The Bills will have to hope for some slippage and another willing partner I think. Browns at four?

Edited by Bobby Hooks

4 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

Problem is going to be would the Giants? They have a 53 year old QB that hasn't played that well in awhile. Maybe they are thinking the same thing? Eli to Rosen for the next decade might be to good to pass at any price.

I know that was Hyperbole but Eli is 37. Rivers and Roethlisberger are 36. I think they may start considering replacements but they didn't fall off of a cliff, and arent suddenly worthless. They each may have a few more years left in them. Brady and Brees aren't super human. It is the nature of the game that has changed how long they can play.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was with you up until Allen. Were you one of those guys that fell for Nassib after all of the message board hype? 

I’d have to agree. I really don’t think Giants even want to trade. Especially not to 12. 

The Bills will have to hope for some slippage and another partner I think. 

I was thinking QB's going 1-2-3 was not realistic when I first heard it. After thinking about it Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield kinda doesn't seem that far fetched.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I know that was Hyperbole but Eli is 37. Rivers and Roethlisberger are 36. I think they may start considering replacements but they didn't fall off of a cliff, and are suddenly worthless. They each may have a few more years left in them. Brady isn't super human. It is the nature of the game that has changed how long they can play.

I'm hoping you are right and they aren't really thinking about it. I really do.

I will say whoever they think is THE QB, heck yeah! Get the QB then build. You do NOT win the grand prize without the QB. 

Hey, if AJ turns into Garrappolo, you trade him for a kings fortune.  Billy B gave him away to screw Kraft, I think. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I will say whoever they think is THE QB, heck yeah! Get the QB then build. You do NOT win the grand prize without the QB. 

Hey, if AJ turns into Garrappolo, you trade him for a kings fortune.  Billy B gave him away to screw Kraft, I think. 

If AJ turns into Garoppolo why trade him?