Our entire draft depends on the Giants pick

Yeezus

Really does. If Giants go QB, all 3 top guys will be possibly gone by #4. At that point I don't think it is worth trading up unless Jets take Allen and Mayfield/Rosen is there. Our only trade partner realistically left is the Browns at 4. Giants are more than likely not trading that pick away. I really think they go QB and get Eli's successor b/c when else are they going to be in that position. 

I think we strike a deal with the Browns, but on draft day. I think Beane has to wait and see what happens with picks 1-3. It is far too risky to trade up to 4 now and end up losing our guy in the top 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Really does. If Giants go QB, all 3 top guys will be possibly gone by #4. At that point I don't think it is worth trading up unless Jets take Allen and Mayfield/Rosen is there. Our only trade partner realistically left is the Browns at 4. Giants are more than likely not trading that pick away. I really think they go QB and get Eli's successor b/c when else are they going to be in that position. 

I think we strike a deal with the Browns, but on draft day. I think Beane has to wait and see what happens with picks 1-3. It is far too risky to trade up to 4 now and end up losing our guy in the top 3. 

Their taking Rosen.

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

Their taking Rosen.

and Jets take Mayfield. 

and there goes any reason to trade up in this years draft. Josh Allen isn't even worth picking in the top 10, let alone trading up 2 years worth of draft capital 

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

and Jets take Mayfield. 

and there goes any reason to trade up in this years draft. Josh Allen isn't even worth picking in the top 10, let alone trading up 2 years worth of draft capital 

At this point,Allen might be there at 12.

3 QBs are not going in the top 3 picks...this is all hype before the draft and when teams actually get down to business miraculously these QBs will start to fall because you dont pass up potential all-pro's at other positions for crap shoot QBs...

Mark my words...the talking heads like these QBs fsr more than the teams actually do

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

If you are going to stay in the number 2 spot and take who you want.......................you don't need a "smokescreen "

Right.

Unless they want Darnold, and are trying to make browns not take him first

Edited by SouthNYfan

I really think our best shot at QB4 at pick 4. I think possible all three teams or even possible depends on RB Barkley at 4th pick to Browns. Then Broncos might take qb4 after Browns.

The entire QB thing could go the wrong way for the Bill.s Team have to be wanting to trade.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

22 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

You're a beautiful mind

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

3 QBs are not going in the top 3 picks...this is all hype before the draft and when teams actually get down to business miraculously these QBs will start to fall because you dont pass up potential all-pro's at other positions for crap shoot QBs...

Mark my words...the talking heads like these QBs fsr more than the teams actually do

Excellent post

The Jets trade up pretty much killed any chance we pick in the top five.  Unfortunately, I've got a feeling we stay put and go LB and Mason Rudolph.  If Mayfield or Rosen somehow slip past the Broncos at #5, then there's a possibility we can make a trade with the Colts who have all sorts of holes.

Please stop. By definition, our “entire” draft does not count on what another team does. What if we draft 4 HOF guys after #2? I feel like an idiot for even responding. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

5 weeks. We are not gonna make it, folks. RIP us.

I will try to hold my breath until the first pick. Odds are against me....

54 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Other positions besides QB are just as much of a crap shoot. 

There has been some noise about the Giants trading UP!  There is some consolation in the probability that some QB drafted later than the top 5 will have a successful NFL career.  We just don't know which one.  All the Bills have to do is find him.

I dont understand why people are saying the draft would be a total loss if we don't trade everything away for a top 3 qb ? To me its still a win with all the talent we can add with 6 picks in the top 100. Plus we can still have enough ammo to trade back and add another 1st rounder for next see and try for the franchise then.

• Like (+1) 2

I find it hard to believe that Beane would trade TT, not go hard after any free agent  QB, (AJ pretty much dropped to us when nobody else went after him), without knowing that he would be able to get the qb he wanted in the draft. I'd be shocked if we don't end up with the #2 choice. Beane has known for a while what the price for that is, and seeing his actions with TT and the available FA's , it looks like he's going to pay it. Just my opinion, but otherwise, his actions going all the way back to last year's draft make no sense. And all of Beane's other work to date shows a smart calculating GM who knows what he's doing. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I find it hard to believe that Beane would trade TT, not go hard after any free agent  QB, (AJ pretty much dropped to us when nobody else went after him), without knowing that he would be able to get the qb he wanted in the draft. I'd be shocked if we don't end up with the #2 choice. Beane has known for a while what the price for that is, and seeing his actions with TT and the available FA's , it looks like he's going to pay it. Just my opinion, but otherwise, his actions going all the way back to last year's draft make no sense. And all of Beane's other work to date shows a smart calculating GM who knows what he's doing. 

Agreed. There are never guarantees, but I don’t see this FO as stumbling around hopping for something good to happen. 

24 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I dont understand why people are saying the draft would be a total loss if we don't trade everything away for a top 3 qb ? To me its still a win with all the talent we can add with 6 picks in the top 100. Plus we can still have enough ammo to trade back and add another 1st rounder for next see and try for the franchise then.

The Bills don't have a proven starting QB. Simple as that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Yes....six Yugos instead of a Luxury SUV and a good Sedan. 

How did one of the Yugos turn into a sedan when we traded the four other Yugos?  Was it magic?

i mean seriously people are not rational. 4 of the first 5 picks are highly likely to be QB and it is almost equally unlikely that any of those spot holders is willing to trade.  #4?  Well if you're Cleveland you could get Barkley at 5 and a lot from Denver or you could move to 12 and get several more picks while you watch Barkley go to the HOF as a Colt.

People crying about something that is simply out of our reach is just weird.  It's like complaining about the sky being blue because your favorite color is yellow.  And Roquan Smith is not a Yugo btw.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Question for the scouts:  if McCarron were in this draft where would he rank?  

If any of the QB's in this draft played McCarron's Alabama teams they would lose. 

1. Mayfield 

2. Darnold 

3. McCarron

4. Rosen

5. Allen

6. Rudolph 

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How did one of the Yugos turn into a sedan when we traded the four other Yugos?  Was it magic?

i mean seriously people are not rational. 4 of the first 5 picks are highly likely to be QB and it is almost equally unlikely that any of those spot holders is willing to trade.  #4?  Well if you're Cleveland you could get Barkley at 5 and a lot from Denver or you could move to 12 and get several more picks while you watch Barkley go to the HOF as a Colt.

People crying about something that is simply out of our reach is just weird.  It's like complaining about the sky being blue because your favorite color is yellow.  And Roquan Smith is not a Yugo btw.

I don't have the time or the interest in going through the fallacies in this other than to say, you are right on Roquan.  He will be a great LB for someone in picks 8-11.

13 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Those that aren't concerned about the future of the QB position for this team are just wrong. I'm sick of hearing about all of our picks and how they will all be "starters"

There's a difference between being concerned and not being sure the available guys warrant trading a lot of picks to move up to get them

Josh Allen haters will need to keep an open mind. The way I see it - we'll at worst get best available between Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Mayfield at 4, 5 (depending on the Broncos being cool with Keenum, Lynch, and Kelly), or 6. All better prospects than Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes were last season.

So, no, the entire Draft doesn't hinge on the Giants selection. Although i'd preferably be at 2 for either Darnold or Rosen - it won't be a Losman settlement if we end up with Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield. 

Especially if we maintain a number of picks this year for not being able to get as high as 2.

Edited by BillsFanForever19