ESPN's NFL Insiders: Bills Have the Most Glaring Hole of Any Team in the NFL

The entire football world should care about Schatz' opinion.  I mean the former spring break beach MC said we could draft a player at a different position and he'd still be the best QB on our roster.  We must heed his warnings on what we need.

Head of Football Outsiders, ESPN Insider analyst. I specialize in nuanced, ice-cold NFL takes. Former Providence club DJ and spring break beach MC.

Edited by White Linen

While I agree that QB is a glaring hole, they gave McCarron zero respect. One said that McCarron is a 3rd string QB and another said we could draft any position and they'd be the best QB on the roster.

McCarron even tho he hasn't played much doesn't deserve that type of hate. He played pretty good in his limited action

Just now, Kmart128 said:

While I agree that QB is a glaring hole, they gave McCarron zero respect. One said that McCarron is a 3rd string QB and another said we could draft any position and they'd be the best QB on the roster.

McCarron even tho he hasn't played much doesn't deserve that type of hate. He played pretty good in his limited action

Hate?  The entire NFL gave him no "respect" when he was a UFA.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The entire football world should care about Schatz' opinion.  I mean the former spring break beach MC said we could draft a player at a different position and he'd still be the best QB on our roster.  We must heed his warnings on what we need.

Head of Football Outsiders, ESPN Insider analyst. I specialize in nuanced, ice-cold NFL takes. Former Providence club DJ and spring break beach MC.

I thought that Scotch Bingington was the Spring Break MC?

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to ESPN's NFL Insiders: Bills Have the Most Glaring Hole of Any Team in the NFL
35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think it was a lack of respect. Once he became a UFA he probably priced himself out of the market thinking another team out there would pay him like the Bears did Glennon. His agent should get fired and he should hire Bradfords.

Edited by billsbackto81

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I don't think it was a lack of respect. Once he became a UFA he probably priced himself out of the market thinking another team out there would pay him like the Bears did Glennon.

There's little doubt that it went down like that and he had no other place to go but Buffalo.  It works out in the favor of the Bills, but I'm sure he's disappointed to only get backup QB money.  At least he'll have a shot to show what he can do. 

No sht. This is why when people argue thst we arent trading up for a QB i kinda just laugh.

If we wanted Allen we wouldnt have let Tyrod walk.

So that saves us.

Chances are we trade up to 2 and take Darnold or Rosen.

Should we have to stay at 12 than we move up to spots 4-7 its prob Mayfield.

Yawn.  It must be the offseason.

NFL Insider Alert!  The draft is coming and we have to generate Buzz!  How else will our draft ninjas generate revenue?  McShay!

Captains Obvious.  It is more fascinating to me to know what the 2 who don't think the Bills QB situation is the worst in the NFL think.  How are they not in agreement?

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Rodak is so enlightening, I can't wait for him to share more of his wisdom with us.

The most glaring hole in Buffalo are the beat reporters covering the Bills.

The comments aren't from Rodak.   It was KC Joyner, Mike Sando, and Aaron Schatz who said the Bills have the biggest hole with the QB void. 

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I wish there was a site where I could read reliable NFL news by actual reporters ......  something Sports Network 

Or something that I could get instantaneous comments from people who think they know crap.  

TwoBillsDrive?

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Aaron Schatz is obviously joking, and he's also one of the best NFL analysts on the planet. He created and runs Football Outsiders.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's more because he was wanting to much money for not playing... Teams like proven players when they offer a lot of money. I think Cards have a more glaring hole then we do... Right now Glennon would be their starter when Bradford goes down with another injury.

Well, the press certainly wants buffalo to move up....especially the NYC based press who are shameless homers for the Giants and Jets.  If we give all the picks required to get to #2 this year, we will be 5 years recovering from the lack of new talent on the roster.  I say take what we find with all the picks we have.....I hear 70 starters in this years draft....that puts Bills in a position to draft what? 5 starters......that is what the Bills need.  And, I am ok not going for one of the top 4 puppies coming out of the NCAA this year.  #5-8 are also the same likelyhood to succeed imho.   I can tell you this.....Bean/McD better get this right.....their survival at One bills drive depends on how they handle this draft.  I fear these guys are trying to replicate what Cam Newton did for Carolina.  Not sure there is one of those in this years draft.  And, I do recall Brett Farve sat a couple of years before starting, Aaron Rogers sat 3 years behind Farve before starting.......I, for one, believe watching for a while helps QB talent succeed.  I predict McCarron will surprise many in a favorable manner because of his 4 years in the league.

Edited by bigK14094