Unfortunately the draft will probably go like this..

Bakin

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Then buffalo trades down from 12 and gets Jackson plus more picks.

Also, maybe the Jets fool everyone and make them think they want a QB but instead wanted Barkley or Chubb who now fall to them.....

It would be better to maybe move around just a tiny bit and get Roquan Smith.

The trading is likely going to continue since the key players seemingly QB hungry are already moving. and Draft night will still be as exciting as hell !

Just now, RochesterRob said:

It would be better to maybe move around just a tiny bit and get Roquan Smith.

and a QB.

yes

25 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Then buffalo trades down from 12 and gets Jackson plus more picks.

Also, maybe the Jets fool everyone and make them think they want a QB but instead wanted Barkley or Chubb who now fall to them.....

Teams don’t trade up in mid March for that.

The Jets are taking a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to discuss the assumption that Darnold is going #1 overall. If you watch him at he actually sucks.  Now the browns suck too so it's believable that they like him as well. But seriously, he should not be in this discussion imo.

I can see the browns falling in love with Allen.  Rosen is the clear winner on the field.  But Darnold offers nothing over those two. 

Hard to say for sure but it looks like the Jets want a QB, and they will be happy with any in their top 3 ranking.  

Bills would be be best to wait until draft day and see how it plays out.  

The Cleveland pick at 4 could be in play if the guy they like is still there.  

For those of us who prefer the method Pitts used of first build your TEAM then draft a QB like Big Ben as your franchise QB, this Jets move is great!

It heightens the chances a great position player falls to us at # 12 and we then continue to build our TEAM with our other 1st rounder, 2 nds, and 2 3rds.

We could use another QB to supplement McCarron, Peterman, but I like the idea of getting Jackson as late as we thinlk we can!

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Hard to say for sure but it looks like the Jets want a QB, and they will be happy with any in their top 3 ranking.  

Meh...the browns would just trade back 1 spot with Denver so they could still get a blue chip prospect...I think we are out of luck with getting a top 3 QB...so bring on the QB purgatory for another year!!!!! :sick:

58 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because that's EXACTLY what we need. A linebacker or DT.

So Billsy.

so who do you have pegged in for starting MLB?  And are you going to roll with Alexander as your SAM?

Roquan or Tremaine Edmunds would transform our defense into top notch.  And then you still have 5 more picks in first 3 rounds to devote to offense. 

It cost the Jets 3 #2s to move up from 6 to 3.  What outrageous price would we pay to move up 12 to 2?  No thank you.  There are 22 players that start, not just a QB.  It seems silly to me to ignore 5 positions upgrades and instead concentrate on one

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

so who do you have pegged in for starting MLB?  And are you going to roll with Alexander as your SAM?

Roquan or Tremaine Edmunds would transform our defense into top notch.  And then you still have 5 more picks in first 3 rounds to devote to offense. 

It cost the Jets 3 #2s to move up from 6 to 3.  What outrageous price would we pay to move up 12 to 2?  No thank you.  There are 22 players that start, not just a QB.  It seems silly to me to ignore 5 positions upgrades and instead concentrate on one

The one position that is more important than any other on the field?

Yeah, it's kinda silly to concentrate on that one.

1 hour ago, KingRex said:

For those of us who prefer the method Pitts used of first build your TEAM then draft a QB like Big Ben as your franchise QB, this Jets move is great!

It heightens the chances a great position player falls to us at # 12 and we then continue to build our TEAM with our other 1st rounder, 2 nds, and 2 3rds.

We could use another QB to supplement McCarron, Peterman, but I like the idea of getting Jackson as late as we thinlk we can!

The Steelers took big Ben with the 11th overall pick. Good teams don't exactly draft 11th overall very often. 

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

That's risky. You could have the Broncos move up to 2 to ensure that the top three quarterbacks go. I think he's got to make a play before the draft or just stand down and admit he got boxed out of the top quarterbacks.

3 hours ago, DJB said:

Im loving a new thread every 5 minutes to discuss the exact same thing over and over again.

It is pretty funny. Everyone is freaking out over all the different possibilities. Let the talks pan out and maybe the G men don't ask for an arm and a leg.