Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BADOLBILZ

Will Jets, Broncos etc.. try to trade up ahead of Bills climb?

Recommended Posts

 

Pretty clear the Bills are trying to quickly climb up well before the draft to get ahead of the Jets and Broncos(as well as Cardinals/MIami)............will these teams watch the Bills cruise by or swing their own deals with NYG and Indy?  

 

All these FA QB deals are turning out to be very short term.........all those teams are still IN on a rookie QB........someone is getting left out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They may try but you can bet any team that is going to trade down is going to call the Bills to see if they will exceed any offer. The Bills have the most ammo and the Giants, Colts and Browns know it.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

They may try but you can bet any team that is going to trade down is going to call the Bills to see if they will exceed any offer. The Bills have the most ammo and the Giants, Colts and Browns know it.

 

 

But we don't have pick 5 or 6...interesting stuff next couple of weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants and Colts GM’s are the founders of Beane University...draft picks are the greatest asset. We have the most. Elway and the Jets can make a pitch, but we have the best assets available (unless those other teams mortgage their future like Whaley did for a friggin’ WR). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants and the Colts may not be willing to trade down. They may like a player there that they want to draft such as chub or Fitzpatrick or Chubb or Fitzpatrick or Barkley so if they don't want to trade down with the bills why would they trade down with another team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The greatest advantage Buffalo has which makes the Jets & Broncos have a difficult time passing Buffalo is the number of picks we have acquired in this draft and both the Colts/Giants need multiple starters badly. Neither the Jets/Broncos have the advantage of even two 2nd round picks let alone two 1st rnd picks. I am very confident the Bills move up to #2 with the Giants due to the fact the Giants are low on draft capital and could accquire 2x 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd and the Bills still would be ok.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

Pretty clear the Bills are trying to quickly climb up well before the draft to get ahead of the Jets and Broncos(as well as Cardinals/MIami)............will these teams watch the Bills cruise by or swing their own deals with NYG and Indy?  

 

All these FA QB deals are turning out to be very short term.........all those teams are still IN on a rookie QB........someone is getting left out.

  Anything can happen and people need to get used to the idea that other teams will make moves based on their own interests.  None of those teams are getting a long term solution and if they think that one of the QB's can be a 4,000 + yard, 30 TD + and down the line per season then they are going to make a move to get that guy.  The guys that know Beane from the past are working for their own teams and are not obligated to make inferior deals to help Beane out.  As a Bills fan I obviously want to work out for us but also understand about tempering any optimism with reality.  I hope other Bills fan do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see Broncos getting involved.  If their guy falls to 5 they could take him but can't see them trading up after giving Keenum $20m per year.  Jets will be involved but I think Giants at 2 blocks them a bit.  Similar or equal value and Giants would much rather trade with Bills than Jets.  They will not want to trade a potential franchise QB to a team that shares the same stadium.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think that we may already have the trade parameters in place for a move up into the top 5 already.  The thing is, it can't be done at this point because one of the key pieces will be pick 12. 

 

While the trade of Glenn to get to 12 has been agreed upon, it can't become official until tomorrow.  Therefore, we can't include a pick, even though everyone knows we have it, that we technically don't have yet.  We can't technically make a trade with a pick that we don't have yet. 

 

So, with that in mind, it is my hope that we have had a plan in place with the Giants or Colts that will be announced tomorrow, or shortly thereafter, once we officially have the 12th pick to trade.

 

Just a thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

The Giants and the Colts may not be willing to trade down. They may like a player there that they want to draft such as chub or Fitzpatrick or Chubb or Fitzpatrick or Barkley so if they don't want to trade down with the bills why would they trade down with another team?

 

and Cleveland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be read for both firsts and a second next year and none of them can touch that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they'll try, but given how many picks Buffalo has to offer, any team moving down would be foolish to do so without giving the Bills a chance to beat the price IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Just be read for both firsts and a second next year and none of them can touch that deal. 

 

Yeah which is why I was pumped about the Glenn trade.  It would have really sucked giving up a first next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets' assets are as good as the Bills. #6 is worth a LOT more than #12, and they have 37 and 49 too (plus 72). They are the main competition, as far as I see it. 

 

Denver has 5, 40, 71, 99, 106, and 109. That extra Jets second puts them ahead of Denver.

 

Miami (11, 42, 73, 111) and AZ (15, 49, 79, 97) simply don't have the ammo at all relative to the Bills. 

 

The Jets are the main threat here, with Denver not too far behind given the #5 pick. There will be elite players that fall to 5 that the Giants/Colts may covet, like Chubb and Fitzpatrick. Those guys will not be there at 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets' assets are as good as the Bills. #6 is worth a LOT more than #12, and they have 37 and 49 too (plus 72). They are the main competition, as far as I see it. 

 

Denver has 5, 40, 71, 99, 106, and 109. That extra Jets second puts them ahead of Denver.

 

Miami (11, 42, 73, 111) and AZ (15, 49, 79, 97) simply don't have the ammo at all relative to the Bills. 

 

The Jets are the main threat here, with Denver not too far behind given the #5 pick. There will be elite players that fall to 5 that the Giants/Colts may covet, like Chubb and Fitzpatrick. Those guys will not be there at 12.

 

No, the Jets assets aren’t as good as the Bills.

 

Not even close.

 

Funny how you make no mention of us having two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds but you list every other teams picks.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

 

No, the Jets assets aren’t as good as the Bills.

 

Not even close.

To repeat, 6 is way better than 12. 6, 37, and 49 are also better than 12, 22, and 53, at least according to both of the main draft charts that are out there.  After that, the Bills take the advantage, but then the question becomes how many picks will the Bills be willing to deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Buffalo we'll make sure this does not happen I honestly think they are going to jump up to pick one or two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

 

No, the Jets assets aren’t as good as the Bills.

 

Not even close.

 

Funny how you make no mention of us having two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds but you list every other teams picks.

Um ... I thought the draft picks that the Bills possess was common knowledge here. No? Also, see the chart here.

 

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/136311-bills-trade-for-the-12th-pick/?do=findComment&comment=3632207

 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To repeat, 6 is way better than 12. 6, 37, and 49 are also better than 12, 22, and 53, at least according to both of the main draft charts that are out there.  After that, the Bills take the advantage, but then the question becomes how many picks will the Bills be willing to deal. 

We need to add pick 21 to the scenario here. According to the value chart, pick #6 is worth 1,600. Picks 12 and 21 combined are worth 2,000. Not saying the Jets don't have ammo, they do. But we're in a good position to withstand a bidding war. 

 

But I don't think that's the issue. The issue is how far will the Giants, Colts, Broncos, be willing to drop if they have designs on a blue chip talent in the top ten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, K-9 said:

We need to add pick 21 to the scenario here. According to the value chart, pick #6 is worth 1,600. Picks 12 and 21 combined are worth 2,000. Not saying the Jets don't have ammo, they do. But we're in a good position to withstand a bidding war. 

 

But I don't think that's the issue. The issue is how far will the Giants, Colts, Broncos, be willing to drop if they have designs on a blue chip talent in the top ten. 

See the link above. If the Bills want to trade every pick away, they will win against anyone. But I don't think they want to do that.  And you're right: the players matter. People forget that.

Edited by dave mcbride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is an agreement was made between the Bills, Giants or Colts. Trading up to 12 seems like it was done to facilitate a teams demand. 

 

Handshake agreement, wait til draft day to reduce the odds a team goes overboard and gives Cleveland an offer they can't refuse for #1.

 

Maybe all this snow has gone to my brain and I'm being overly optimistic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

See the link above. If the Bills want to trade every pick away, they will win against anyone. But I don't think they want to do that.  And you're right: the players matter. People forget that.

I think the Bills will gladly part with both firsts as a starting point. And I have to think the extra 2nd and 3rd will be dangled as well as future assets. All depends on how much they value their target and how committed they are to the price. Nobody wants to go all in, but it's nice to have chips to play with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

 

No, the Jets assets aren’t as good as the Bills.

 

Not even close.

 

Funny how you make no mention of us having two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds but you list every other teams picks.

  The Jets can't trade both 2nd's, a 3rd and tap into their 2019 picks?  Their number 6 pick is worth a heck of a lot more than our current 12.  They have cap space to fill holes and their roster is far from a disaster.  Saying that some other team will not go to the mat over one of the QB's is just living in denial.

43 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

 

and Cleveland?

  Cleveland would be wise to take Barkley at one and with Kizer gone secure their QB with a minimum of expense by trading pick 4 in a package to the Giants or Colts.  That is if they see one of the QB's as superior to the others.

Edited by RochesterRob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

  The Jets can't trade both 2nd's, a 3rd and tap into their 2019 picks?  Their number 6 pick is worth a heck of a lot more than our current 12.  They have cap space to fill holes and their roster is far from a disaster.  Saying that some other team will not go to the mat over one of the QB's is just living in denial.

  Cleveland would be wise to take Barkley at one and with Kizer gone secure their QB with a minimum of expense by trading pick 4 in a package to the Giants or Colts.  That is if they see one of the QB's as superior to the others.

 

The Bills have 2019 draft picks to "tap into" as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×