Shaquem Griffin Posts 20-rep Bench Press Using Prosthetic and Now a 4.38 Forty

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Not sure.

But they do allow a plate of armor on elbow/forearm to help apply a forearm shiver on small DB's laying on ground not looking after whistle, while future LB for forearm team stands over the guy and just points..

"But Gronk was getting held all game!!!" - stupid Pats fans

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Just no.

Prosthetics bear weight through the prosthetic to a region (of the arm in this case)

There are callouses that form on the stump, which can be just as painful.

What are you talking about with "puss" and an "exploding callous"??

Puss is from an infection.

You literally have zero idea what the everloving hell you are talking about.

This isn't a case like Oscar pistorious (the blade runner) where there was controversy swirling around the design of his carbon fiber prosthetics giving him a "springboard advantage" over there other athletes.

(I treat many people will prosthetics, by the way, including runners who have these callouses on their leg stump from being runners/gym rats with the prosthetic. Just ask cb26, he calls me pt-man ??)

Hey Buddy, I accidently hit "report post" and immediately closed it out.  I've never done this before and hope that by just clicking on it didn't do anything.

If so, I will let MODs know it was an accident.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Hey Buddy, I accidently hit "report post" and immediately closed it out.  I've never done this before and hope that by just clicking on it didn't do anything.

If so, I will let MODs know it was an accident.

Lol thanks dude

I'll keep you posted ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Just no.

Prosthetics bear weight through the prosthetic to a region (of the arm in this case)

Puss is from an infection most times, sometimes inflammation.

This isn't a case like Oscar pistorious (the blade runner) where there was controversy swirling around the design of his carbon fiber prosthetics giving him a "springboard advantage" over there other athletes.

(I treat many people will prosthetics, by the way, including runners who have these callouses on their leg stump from being runners/gym rats with the prosthetic. Just ask cb26, he calls me pt-man ??)

What does this mean?  Literally, this was the most ridiculous post in this thread. 

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get the negative about his one hand but given this combine and the fact all he did was make plays all season, some smart team will find a way to use him effectively. Hopefully, it will be us,

I'm.not sure he would be able to do well in Buffalo with our system. Rex Ryan was overrated and McDermott and Frazier seem to be off on the right foot but I'm not sure we can get a hand on the situation of 2018 just yet and if this kid would be the right fit, plus, he could continue to do well and just be out of our reach in a later round.

I guess I can't out a finger on it but who knows what 2018 2ill hold

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What does this mean?  Literally, this was the most ridiculous post in this thread. 

I'm.not sure he would be able to do well in Buffalo with our system. Rex Ryan was overrated and McDermott and Frazier seem to be off on the right foot but I'm not sure we can get a hand on the situation of 2018 just yet and if this kid would be the right fit, plus, he could continue to do well and just be out of our reach in a later round.

I guess I can't out a finger on it but who knows what 2018 2ill hold

What was ridiculous??

Bringbackfergy said that Griffin's combined bench should be thrown out because he has an advantage with a prosthetic hand.

I'm not sure what was ridiculous about my response.

He’s gonna be gone before the end of the 4th round.  After that 40 and what this kid produced combined with what he can bring to the locker room, a team is gonna pounce earlier than expected.  Only takes one GM to get enamored with the speed, production, and attitude.  I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t, but someone will take em earlier than the 5th IMO.  Wouldn’t even shock me to see him go on day 2 after his combine.  

If he is there when fourth round starts, he will be most talked about kid on ESPN on board still and someone’s gonna grab him IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

I think this kid is gonna be drafted much earlier than he should just due to the story and the amount of times his name is news.... I will have to pass. I like what I see from him but we are gonna have to reach if we would want him

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I think this kid is gonna be drafted much earlier than he should just due to the story and the amount of times his name is news.... I will have to pass. I like what I see from him but we are gonna have to reach if we would want him

Just when i thought my opinion of Syracuse  grads could not get any lower

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

30 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Just when i thought my opinion of Syracuse  grads could not get any lower

I'm no Syracuse grad. I graduated from Paul Smith's College lol.

And I'm rooting for the kid. I want him to succeed. I just think he will be over drafted. Happens all the time. Just look at Michael Sam... He didn't deserve to be drafted but got drafted just because he was gay and now he is in the CFL. Griffin is a 4th round prospect but will probably be drafted as a 3rd based on name and story. And I'm not willing to give that up.

You have to put personal feelings aside in order to make these decisions if you want a team to succeed and correctly evaluate talent

Edited by Kmart128
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I'm no Syracuse grad. I graduated from Paul Smith's College lol.

And I'm rooting for the kid. I want him to succeed. I just think he will be over drafted. Happens all the time. Just look at Michael Sam... He didn't deserve to be drafted but got drafted just because he was gay and now he is in the CFL. Griffin is a 4th round prospect but will probably be drafted as a 3rd based on name and story. And I'm not willing to give that up.

You have to put personal feelings aside in order to make these decisions if you want a team to succeed and correctly evaluate talent

Let be honest here, if the kid had two hands he would probably be a top ten selection. He has proven he can get the job done with one hand and is an absolute freaky athlete.

He was one of the best players on an undefeated college team. He dominated Auburn in the bowl game. If he goes in the third round it is because he deserves it. We would be lucky to have him. 

Also, this kid has our DNA.

Edited by billspro

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

What was ridiculous??

Bringbackfergy said that Griffin's combined bench should be thrown out because he has an advantage with a prosthetic hand.

I'm not sure what was ridiculous about my response.

It is done with the help of assistance. 

Look. This guy may be great but in the NFL as a LB he has a different challenge. How will he manage to keep up?  Hand signals and the like, the guy can't call a defense with only one hand

Also, you being a PT and all, I get it. Whatever 26CB says about you doesn't matter, fergy is right with the regards to the prosthetic helping the guy and the health dangers of it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

Let be honest here, if the kid had two hands he would probably be a top ten selection. He has proven he can get the job done with one hand and is an absolute freaky athlete.

He was one of the best players on an undefeated college team. He dominated Auburn in the bowl game. If he goes in the third round it is because he deserves it. We would be lucky to have him. 

Let's not go crazy here. Heck of a player for sure but the hand isn't his only concern. He is a 5 year player so he is older than many of the others. He regressed from junior year to senior year. He is undersized for a LB.. kind of the LB and S tweener type. And with Edmunds and Smith would both be rated ahead of Griffin regardless if he had two hands or not. And I highly doubt that 3 LB would be drafted in top 10. That would be unheard of.

He would have definitely been a first round pick. But without that hand I really question how smart it would be to add him. We have Gronkowski in our division (unless he retires which I doubt). Without that hand does he have the proper length to try to a Gronk. Not many people could cover Gronk as is... That becomes much more evident if he is playing someone with a smaller wing span.

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It is done with the help of assistance. 

Look. This guy may be great but in the NFL as a LB he has a different challenge. How will he manage to keep up?  Hand signals and the like, the guy can't call a defense with only one hand

Also, you being a PT and all, I get it. Whatever 26CB says about you doesn't matter, fergy is right with the regards to the prosthetic helping the guy and the health dangers of it.

The prosthetic did not help the guy with bench pressing.

Kept

Period.

I'm not arguing about anything else.

You and fergy are completely off the mark thinking it actually helped him with the bench.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Just no.

Puss is from an infection most times, sometimes inflammation.

Did you hear Oscar Pistorius wanted to get a new bathroom door?

His wife was dead against it.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Kept

Period.

You and fergy are completely off the mark thinking it actually helped him with the bench.

Even if you disagree there it helped him on the run. While it threw his balance off he has been accustomed to that. But he still an a few lbs lighter than most other players. 

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Even if you disagree there it helped him on the run. While it threw his balance off he has been accustomed to that. But he still an a few lbs lighter than most other players. 

Christ.

You have to be trolling.

There is no way you are that dumb to believe what you just posted.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

It’s as if SouthNY and others never watched the Six Million Dollar Man. It is uncontroverted that titanium limbs are stronger and more durable than human bone. That much I know. If he needs an astericks next to his bench reps number, so be it. 

19 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Kept

Period.

Agree.  He probably has a tougher time maintaining the balance of the weight through the exercise.  He won't have the same feeling of the bar as someone with 2 hands.  If he were using a machine it might be different but with free weight that has to be harder.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

A one-handed linebacker just put up 20 reps at 225, and ran a 4.38 40. Pardon me but I choose to be 

impressed.

He's got an advantage on 40.  Not carrying the extra weight of a second hand.  Put a star next to that.  ;-)

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Add to that, if you have a prosthetic hand/forearm, it's an advantage over another player that has skin and callouses on their hands. If he's lifting he won't feel the burn and puss that is attendant to an exploding callous. He can get more reps with the prosthetic limb because it is made of material that is springier and more durable than the human forearm (ulna). Maybe they'll put an asterisk after his reps in the record book because of this advantage. Not sure his reps should count.

Please be sarcasm. 20 rep bench press being stopped because of a callous?¿? Puss building up, does he have an infection? Please 9 lb 10oz baby Jesus be sarcasm

Great story and I'm rooting for the young man. It kind of makes me think of ex MLB pitcher Jim Abbott. Someone will give him a shot and I think he will be more successful than some believe. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Great story and I'm rooting for the young man. It kind of makes me think of ex MLB pitcher Jim Abbott. Someone will give him a shot and I think he will be more successful than some believe. 

Some of the comments above do not represent all Bills fans.  Thanks for looking at the positives.

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The story is great and the kid has a lot of heart, but his size is concerning. 

A 6'2" 227lb linebacker?

We drafted Matt Milano at 6-0, 223, so he could be a 4-3 will. I could also see him being used by a creative 3-4 coach like James Bettcher with the Giants. (formerly Arizona)

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1