NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The best thing I've heard out of the combine today. (close second is that Saquon is a literal freak of nature)

That’s an awesome quote. I draft him based on that alone.

29 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I prefer to think of myself as elitist.

0d62318d8fd81f3a5a6defdec2724fafe59ef89f

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The best thing I've heard out of the combine today. (close second is that Saquon is a literal freak of nature)

I wish we had Cleveland 's  picks, I would take Baker and Quenton hands down.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Barkley is the top prospect in this draft at any position. Yes he is. :thumbsup:

Thats a tough 1...

There are so many variables with RBs but Nelson from ND looks like a future All Pro and HoF

He might be 1 to Barkley at 2 lol I'll take both 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats a tough 1...

There are so many variables with RBs but Nelson from ND looks like a future All Pro and HoF

I'm a ND fan so I too am high on Nelson. He is gonna be one of the top interior lineman for years to come barring injury. That being said, Barkley has a larger impact on a game over all. He is a faster version on Zeke. We all see what Elliott has done thus far. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm a ND fan so I too am high on Nelson. He is gonna be one of the top interior lineman for years to come barring injury. That being said, Barkley has a larger impact on a game over all. He is a faster version on Zeke. We all see what Elliott has done thus far. 

Definitely. I think they are different players in that Barkley gives you blocking ability, return ability and catching ability at high levels

even though I think Zeke was a SLIGHTLY better runner coming out

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Adios to the 1st round for Orlando Brown...

6'8", 360 lbs, and 14 bench reps?

Dude, I get that the arms are long, but that's just pitiful

For context, Tyrell Crosby is 35 lbs lighter with longer arms and did 3 more than that...and to me, that's understandable.  Crosby isn't girthy, and you can only push so much with super-long arms.

Thats pathetic on ALL accounts. I had 36 inch arms when I played MINOR LEAGUE  and put up 31 reps. No strength coaches just me, unemployment, and the BAC. 

18 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Zeke is a God damned animal.

Some might say an Ewok even...

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats a tough 1...

Plausible that Cleveland could!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely. I think they are different players in that Barkley gives you blocking ability, return ability and catching ability at high levels

even though I think Zeke was a SLIGHTLY better runner coming out

I saw Zeke play in HS on a regular basis.  He was unreal.  A man among boys even then.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

6 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

If you like your Combine data, I'd highly recommend following @MathBomb on Twitter for his Relative Athletic Score.

Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep St. Brown. Brothers Osiris & Amon-Ra. I love his parents.

His father's last name is just Brown but he added the "Saint" to his kids name for flair.    Former champion body builder.

Similar structure to the Ball family here in the US...... but less outrageous.........and the kids are more highly educated and much worse at their sport,  unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

You ain't kidding.

Karl Malone's first born son Demetress "Da' Mattress" Bell put up 9 reps on the bench at his combine........and went on to play pretty well........son of Zeus got 14?......first round nope but should be ok.:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

For context, Tyrell Crosby is 35 lbs lighter with longer arms and did 3 more than that...and to me, that's understandable.  Crosby isn't girthy, and you can only push so much with super-long arms.

If they package glenn in a trade i would be happy with brown.  A dude that tall will never kill the bench. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I bet he was unstoppable in HS

But almost wasn’t offered by Ohio State because the level of competition in Hs football isn’t as great in st Louis as it is in typical recruiting grounds Texas, Cali, Ohio, SE. it was somewhat of a leap of faith given how dominant he was because the athletes he was playing against weren’t the caliber he would see at the next level. He chose between OSU and ...Missouri on signing day. His parents were both D1 athletes at Mizzou. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yoooo Saquon, that’s getting it at 225

He looked bigger on the field.  225 i expect him under 4.4.  Somewhere in the 4.36 range.  I would expect him to be in the top 5 in almost every rb drill.  

Edited by Mat68

I am biased as a penn st fan but baring injury he will be as good as Elliot and be tops in the league.  He runs like Mccoy with the hop steps and change of direction while being 20 pounds bigger and faster. 

Looks like Mason Rudolph has Trump Hands and Josh Allen is Sasquatch

Notable QB measurements

Player Height Weight (lbs) Hand Size
Josh Allen 6'4-7/8" 237 10 1/8"
J.T. Barrett 6'1-2/8" 224 9 7/8"
Kurt Benkert 6'2-5/8" 218 9 4/8"
Sam Darnold 6'3-3/8" 221 9 3/8"
Luke Falk 6'3-5/8" 215 9 2/8"
Riley Ferguson 6'2-6/8" 212 9 5/8"
Lamar Jackson 6'2-2/8" 216 9 4/8"
Kyle Lauletta 6'2-5/8" 222 9 6/8"
Baker Mayfield 6'0-5/8" 214 9 2/8"
Josh Rosen 6'4" 226 9 7/8"
Mason Rudolph 6'4-1/2" 234 9 1/8"
Mike White 6'4-5/8" 224

9 4/8"

11 hours ago, Mat68 said:

If they package glenn in a trade i would be happy with brown.  A dude that tall will never kill the bench. 

I was hesitant to put Brown in round 1 prior to the combine because he labors to get his feet moving laterally and gets eaten up by low-built edge rushers and guys that have decent ability to bend the corner.

I coach power lifters, so (hopefully this doesn't come off as pompous) I know a thing or two about length:strength ratio and leverage points.  This is a dude that hasn't been putting the time in at the gym.  Period.  There's no excuse for a guy that weighs 35 lbs less than him and has longer arms (Oregon's Tyrell Crosby) to put up 3 more reps than him.

1 hour ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Looks like Mason Rudolph has Trump Hands and Josh Allen is Sasquatch

Notable QB measurements

Player Height Weight (lbs) Hand Size
Josh Allen 6'4-7/8" 237 10 1/8"
J.T. Barrett 6'1-2/8" 224 9 7/8"
Kurt Benkert 6'2-5/8" 218 9 4/8"
Sam Darnold 6'3-3/8" 221 9 3/8"
Luke Falk 6'3-5/8" 215 9 2/8"
Riley Ferguson 6'2-6/8" 212 9 5/8"
Lamar Jackson 6'2-2/8" 216 9 4/8"
Kyle Lauletta 6'2-5/8" 222 9 6/8"
Baker Mayfield 6'0-5/8" 214 9 2/8"
Josh Rosen 6'4" 226 9 7/8"
Mason Rudolph 6'4-1/2" 234 9 1/8"
Mike White 6'4-5/8" 224

9 4/8"

No real deal-breakers for me 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Vea is going to leave scouts drooling this week.  Payne packing on the size is nice to see, but he's already acquitted himself really well as a run defender; it's whether or not he can give you that inside push as a pass rusher that's the question (I feel like we say that about the Alabama down linemen every year).

If my boy Rasheem Green shows well in the 20-s and 3-cone, he's going to jump to round 1.

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 100. #USC DT Rasheem Green Height: 6-4 2/8 Weight: 275 Hand: 9 7/8 Arm: 33 6/8 Wingspan: 81 2/8?

Dude...this DT class has absurd measurables!

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 94. #Michigan DT Maurice Hurst Height: 6-1 2/8 Weight: 292 Hand: 9 4/8 Arm: 32 Wingspan: 76 7/8

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 95. #Florida DT Taven Bryan Height: 6-5 Weight: 291 Hand: 9 6/8 Arm: 32 6/8 Wingspan: 78 7/8

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 96. #Stanford DT Harrison Phillips Height: 6-3 2/8 Weight: 307 Hand: 10 3/8? Arm: 33 7/8 Wingspan: 80 4/8

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 98. #UCONN DT Foley Fatukasi Height: 6-3 6/8 Weight: 318 Hand: 10 2/8? Arm: 34 1/8 Wingspan: 82?

^ Foley is going to be a solid NT for somebody...

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 99. #Alabama DT Joshua Frazier Height: 6-2 7/8 Weight: 321 Hand: 10? Arm: 34 2/8 Wingspan: 79 5/8

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 102. #NCState DT BJ Hill Height: 6-3 2/8 Weight: 311 Hand: 10 5/8? Arm: 33 Wingspan: 78 2/8

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 103. #NCState DT Justin Jones Height: 6-2 4/8 Weight: 309 Hand: 10? Arm: 33 4/8 Wingspan: 81?

There's my boy Derrick Nnadi...please draft this guy in round 3

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 107. #FSU DT Derrick Nnadi Height: 6-1 Weight: 317 Hand: 9 7/8 Arm: 33 4/8 Wingspan: 79 6/8

Tim Settle looking svelte!

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 109. #VirginiaTech DT Tim Settle Height: 6-2 6/8 Weight: 329 Hand: 9 1/8 Arm: 33 Wingspan: 78 6/8

And my boy Nathan Shepard...

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 110. #FortHaysSt DT Nathan Shepherd Height: 6-3 6/8 Weight: 315 Hand: 10 1/8? Arm: 32 3/8 Wingspan: 80 4/8?

17 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He might be weak, but at least he is slow. He just ran a 5.86 40.  Mayock called it historically bad and joked that Rich Eisen may be able to beat him. ?

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He might be weak, but at least he is slow. He just ran a 5.86 40.  Mayock called it historically bad and joked that Rich Eisen may be able to beat him. ?

Weak and fat and slow what a winning combination.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Unbelievable.

He may be in for a brutal fall.

One guy that won't be is Kansas EDGE bender Dorance Armstrong...

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 120. #Kansas DE/LB Dorance Armstrong Height: 6-3 5/8 Weight: 257 Hand: 10? Arm: 34 6/8? Wingspan: 83?

Watch the kid put up some nasty 20-s and 3-cone numbers too

Will Hernandez with a 1.76 10-yard split is tied w/ Austin Corbett for the fastest thus far among OL prospects. Hernandez has only confirmed he is a top-30 prospect this week.

20 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

OMG--his 10-yard split was 2.00 seconds!

• Like (+1) 1