NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

30 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Meet the new Josh Reed:

Charles Robinson Retweeted Charles Robinson

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 46. #TexasAM WR Christian Kirk Height: 5-10 3/8 Weight: 201 Hand: 9 7/8 Arm: 30 3/8 Wingspan: 72 7/8

What are your thoughts on Kirk?  I have him behind only Ridley and Washington at the moment.  I’ve yet to dig into Sutton though. 

Do do you think he’s josh reed-like in terms of stature/skill set or in terms of what he’ll be in the nfl.  Kirk seems much more explosive to me but I haven’t compared any numbers 

21 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Here's one of my favorites:

#ASU RB Kalen Ballage:
Height: 6-1 4/8
Weight: 228
Hand: 9 4/8
Arm: 32 6/8
Wingspan: 77 1/8#NFLCombine https://twitter.com/PantherNationPC/status/968881298206085125 

Watch what happens when Ballage runs a sub-4.5 time

What???

Charles Robinson Retweeted Charles Robinson

#NFL Combine Key Measurements thread... 9. #Pittsburgh OT Jaryd Jones-Smith Height: 6-6 4/8 Weight: 317 Hand: 10 Arm: 36 2/8 ? Wingspan: 88 4/8 ???

As an ASU fan, Ballage was the most frustrating player to watch because he looks like Tarzan and will test like Tarzan but does not have the feel of a high end RB...is a poor inside runner and constantly tried to cut outside for the big gain instead of hitting the correct interior hole. Would take him in Rounds 6-7. 

Edited by Htt2821

1 minute ago, Htt2821 said:

As an ASU fan, Ballage was the most frustrating player to watch because he looks like Tarzan and will test like Tarzan but does not have the feel of a high end RB...is a poor inside runner and constantly tried to cut outside for the big gain instead of hitting the correct interior hole. Would take him in Rounds 6-7. 

I think that's just a bit low for him--I have him as a day 3 guy; rounds 4/5

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What are your thoughts on Kirk?  I have him behind only Ridley and Washington at the moment.  I’ve yet to dig into Sutton though. 

Do do you think he’s josh reed-like in terms of stature/skill set or in terms of what he’ll be in the nfl.  Kirk seems much more explosive to me but I haven’t compared any numbers 

I have him as my WR4 right now behind Ridley, Washington, and Sutton.  I liken him to Reed because he reminds me of a RB playing WR.  He's compact, low-cut, tough, and has good short-area quickness.  I don't really see a gear beyond his initial breakout speed, and I don't see him being much of a red zone threat without the size or explosiveness to challenge coverage in tight quarters.

He's a day-2 guy for me.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Watch this kid's drills carefully...if he puts up mid-4.5 speed and shows some short-area quickness (20-s and 3-cone) and explosion (broad and vertical), he'll end up a round-2 guy.

Not sure we will be in a position to spend a second rounder on wr, but he would look good in a Bills uni.  Aside from talent, I think we should draft him just for the fun of seeing how many combinations of a misspelled first name are possible.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not sure we will be in a position to spend a second rounder on wr, but he would look good in a Bills uni.  Aside from talent, I think we should draft him just for the fun of seeing how many combinations of a misspelled first name are possible.

His name is like one of those guys from the Key & Peele football name skits lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Watch this kid's drills carefully...if he puts up mid-4.5 speed and shows some short-area quickness (20-s and 3-cone) and explosion (broad and vertical), he'll end up a round-2 guy.

I think he might already be a 2nd round guy.

Would not be at all surprised to see Ridley, Sutton, and maybe Kirk go round one, and Brown, with a few others go in round two. 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

No need...he's ESB and that's all there is to say about it :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I have him as my WR4 right now behind Ridley, Washington, and Sutton.  I liken him to Reed because he reminds me of a RB playing WR.  He's compact, low-cut, tough, and has good short-area quickness.  I don't really see a gear beyond his initial breakout speed, and I don't see him being much of a red zone threat without the size or explosiveness to challenge coverage in tight quarters.

He's a day-2 guy for me.

Ok thanks.  That’s what I had figured.  I have him day 2 as well.  Prior to the season I thought he’d be the 2nd best wr.  How would you compare him to Washington. Both look like rbs out there.  Washington seems similar in stature (albeit Washington a little taller) but is more physical and is much better in the red zone while not maybe having as much initial burst/short area quickness

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

As an ND fan he had a really good sophomore season. But, without kizer his play dropped off due to poor QB play. (Kizer should have stayed one more) 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2017/09/06/equanimeous-osiris-amonra-st-brown-brothers-family

Waiting to see what Royce Freeman runs in the 40

Had a guy on another thread telling me he was "clearly significantly faster" that Jonathan Stewart...

I said Stewart was legit fast, but he said it was and that it was obvious I didn't watch any Oregon games and was clueless.

Stewart ran a 4.46 in the 40 for his combine.

"Significantly faster" would be sub 4.3 which would put him in like top15 all time 40s for a RB at the combine.

Can't wait to see Freeman not go sub 4.3

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tip of thumb to tip of pinkie, straight across the palm on dominant hand 

Yeah, so apparently practicing yoga spaces your fingers further apart from each other. 

Could be a key way for QBs to increase hand size leading up to the Combine. 

Actually, just found this poking around:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_7628f4ee-7b0a-5824-9299-4d2a3b1a31b0.html

The secret? Hand yoga.

“It stretches them and stuff,” Thomas said. “It’s a little secret I do. I know the exercises and then, when I get massages, I get the knuckles massaged out.”

The scary part is that Thomas doesn’t think there is a limit to how much he can stretch his hands. He was measured again by ESPN after the combine, and his hands had grown a quarter-inch.

“They just keep increasing. I do it all the time,” he said. “We’ll see.”

24 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Waiting to see what Royce Freeman runs in the 40

Had a guy on another thread telling me he was "clearly significantly faster" that Jonathan Stewart...

I said Stewart was legit fast, but he said it was and that it was obvious I didn't watch any Oregon games and was clueless.

Stewart ran a 4.46 in the 40 for his combine.

"Significantly faster" would be sub 4.3 which would put him in like top15 all time 40s for a RB at the combine.

Can't wait to see Freeman not go sub 4.3

I’m sure that guy knew what he was talking about. Because he probably saw a highlight of a Freeman run that one time.

• Like (+1) 1