NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Adios to the 1st round for Orlando Brown...

6'8", 360 lbs, and 14 bench reps?

Dude, I get that the arms are long, but that's just pitiful

I am 48, half Orlando's weight, and I can do that.  I know you can too Bandit.  Brown knew combine date and had plenty of time to train for the biggest job interview of his life.  Red flags!

St. Brown is not a difference maker at all. Tall and fast, just not a natural catcher of the ball. He will get over drafted. Christian Kirk is a dynamic punt and kick returner as well as receiver. Nick Saban called him the most dynamic player in the SEC. He reminds me of Golden Tate.  

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I am 48, half Orlando's weight, and I can do that.  I know you can too Bandit.  Brown knew combine date and had plenty of time to train for the biggest job interview of his life.  Red flags!

I agree. Off the board entirely. That is a lazy SOB. 

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

He has long arms though which makes benching a bit different than us short-armed folk. Either way I would have expected something in at least the low 20's. 

23 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

St. Brown is not a difference maker at all. Tall and fast, just not a natural catcher of the ball. He will get over drafted. Christian Kirk is a dynamic punt and kick returner as well as receiver. Nick Saban called him the most dynamic player in the SEC. He reminds me of Golden Tate.  

I disagree. St. Brown has made more than his share of outstanding catches, which he seemingly does effortlessly, and is a quality route runner for a guy his size. He had a sh*t QB tossing him the rock this year. I like him as a early day two pick. I want to see what 40 he runs because I think it will be faster than most peg him for. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

He has long arms though which makes benching a bit different than us short-armed folk. Either way I would have expected something in at least the low 20's. 

I could see losing a rep or two for every inch of arm length--we talk about changing leverages in our gym all the time (mostly due to changes in chest circumference when gaining/losing weight); 14 is pitiful for a 6'7-1/2", 345-pound man.  I compare him to Tyrell Crosby, who's 35 lbs lighter and has longer arms, yet did 3 more reps.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I could see losing a rep or two for every inch of arm length--we talk about changing leverages in our gym all the time (mostly due to changes in chest circumference when gaining/losing weight); 14 is pitiful for a 6'7-1/2", 345-pound man.  I compare him to Tyrell Crosby, who's 35 lbs lighter and has longer arms, yet did 3 more reps.

Yeah, I can't say he made a good impression. I can do more than 14 and I only weigh around 190lbs.

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I would assume it's because 225 is a standard strength benchmark.  If you're a college football player, and you can't rep out 225 lbs, then you haven't been hitting the gym.

Case-in-point: I'm not a football player, and even at my lightest (I competed in the 148-lb class last August) I can blast out reps of 225 first thing in the morning.

Maybe there's an injury that's not being disclosed. Which would still drop him down the draft board either way, but that is quite surprising for a fellow that size.

1. Chase Edmonds, RB, Fordham - 19 reps

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Retweet

Justin Crawford 11 reps

1 reply1 retweet0 likes

Retweet

Lavon Coleman, RB, Washington - 23 reps

0 replies3 retweets1 like

Retweet

Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia - 29 reps on the bench

4 replies12 retweets27 likes

Retweet

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - 29 reps on the bench

4 replies16 retweets25 likes

Retweet

Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State - 15 reps

5 replies2 retweets8 likes

Retweet

Josh Adams, RB, Notre Dame - 18 bench reps

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

You ain't kidding.

IMO his one chance to show that he belonged in the NFL as a tackle was to look like he had the dominant level of strength to drive guys off the ball.

Instead, he looks uncommonly weak.  He already looks too big and lumbering to handle any EDGE guys that have decent bend...I may be over-stating it, but he could be in for a monumental fall if he doesn't look smooth as silk tomorrow.