NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

30 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Waiting to see what Royce Freeman runs in the 40

Had a guy on another thread telling me he was "clearly significantly faster" that Jonathan Stewart...

I said Stewart was legit fast, but he said it was and that it was obvious I didn't watch any Oregon games and was clueless.

Stewart ran a 4.46 in the 40 for his combine.

"Significantly faster" would be sub 4.3 which would put him in like top15 all time 40s for a RB at the combine.

Can't wait to see Freeman not go sub 4.3

I live in Eugene and met my wife at U of O 20 yrs ago. I think Freeman is going to be a good pro but I can guarantee you he will not run sub 4.4,  more like 4.5. He has burst and power but not breakaway speed.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I live in Eugene and met my wife at U of O 20 yrs ago. I think Freeman is going to be a good pro but I can guarantee you he will not run sub 4.4,  more like 4.5. He has burst and power but not breakaway speed.

Thanks for the backup :)

That was what I thought from watching a lot of his tapes

But you know...

I was told that I don't know ducks football obv because I said he's not "clearly, significantly faster" than Stewart, who dropped a 4.46 

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Waiting to see what Royce Freeman runs in the 40

Had a guy on another thread telling me he was "clearly significantly faster" that Jonathan Stewart...

I said Stewart was legit fast, but he said it was and that it was obvious I didn't watch any Oregon games and was clueless.

Stewart ran a 4.46 in the 40 for his combine.

"Significantly faster" would be sub 4.3 which would put him in like top15 all time 40s for a RB at the combine.

Can't wait to see Freeman not go sub 4.3

I doubt Freeman  runs faster than 4.5. Dude plays like he has his feet stuck in cement  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Equanimeous St. Brown.  Seriously?  Sounds like a name Key and Peele would make up.  

you want a character guy? thats him. they guy speaks like 5 languages or something and gets straight a's.  has a couple brothers as well. his parents are pushing them to be all around great people

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Equanimeous St. Brown.  Seriously?  Sounds like a name Key and Peele would make up.  

I just played a game with my wife the other day

I wrote down a bunch of fake names from key and Peele, and a bunch of real ones from college football.

I told her to label "fake" vs "real"

She got like 10% of the real ones correct lol

Edited by SouthNYfan

If you like your Combine data, I'd highly recommend following @MathBomb on Twitter for his Relative Athletic Score.

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

you want a character guy? thats him. they guy speaks like 5 languages or something and gets straight a's.  has a couple brothers as well. his parents are pushing them to be all around great people

Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep St. Brown. Brothers Osiris & Amon-Ra. I love his parents.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Adam Gase: Ryan Tannehill is Dolphins' starting QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918210/article/adam-gase-ryan-tannehill-is-dolphins-starting-qb?campaign=tw-nf-sf183365917-sf183365917&sf183365917=1

Guess we can put to bed the thoughts that the Dolphins might trade up as some here have suggested.  

In related news, Savior is now in a high power business meeting praising Gase for his 8D Chess in once again outclassing the league...

Edited by Heitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Heitz said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000918210/article/adam-gase-ryan-tannehill-is-dolphins-starting-qb?campaign=tw-nf-sf183365917-sf183365917&sf183365917=1

Guess we can put to bed the thoughts that the Dolphins might trade up as some here have suggested.  

In related news, Savior is now in a high power business meeting praising Gase for his 8D Chess in once again outclassing the league...

I like Tanny.

I'd take him at QB.

Not over Peterman though obv.

Adios to the 1st round for Orlando Brown...

6'8", 360 lbs, and 14 bench reps?

Dude, I get that the arms are long, but that's just pitiful

For context, Tyrell Crosby is 35 lbs lighter with longer arms and did 3 more than that...and to me, that's understandable.  Crosby isn't girthy, and you can only push so much with super-long arms.

Edited by thebandit27

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Adios to the 1st round for Orlando Brown...

6'8", 360 lbs, and 14 bench reps?

Dude, I get that the arms are long, but that's just pitiful

What are they benching 225!? That's the equivalent of his big body doing 14 push ups on his freaking knees! Weak.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

What are they benching 225!? That's the equivalent of his big body doing 14 push ups on his freaking knees! Weak.

I would assume it's because 225 is a standard strength benchmark.  If you're a college football player, and you can't rep out 225 lbs, then you haven't been hitting the gym.

Case-in-point: I'm not a football player, and even at my lightest (I competed in the 148-lb class last August) I can blast out reps of 225 first thing in the morning.

Edited by thebandit27

19 minutes ago, Heitz said:

There has been a lot of smoke that Miami really likes Mayfield. I presumed that to be trying to get a team to trade up.

• Like (+1) 1