NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

22 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Barkley looks phenomenal. The Browns are going to be tempted to take him at #1.

I would if I were the Browns.  Let selections 2 and 3 be QBs- and you have your choice of 3 good QB's at this sweet spot(Browns own 4th pick too).  I would either draft Nelson here- Barkley and Nelson are two best in draft or I would trade down, demanding many picks this and next season.  The Browns have some talent and they are going to get really good soon

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would if I were the Browns.  Let selections 2 and 3 be QBs- and you have your choice of 3 good QB's at this sweet spot(Browns own 4th pick too).  I would either draft Nelson here- Barkley and Nelson are two best in draft or I would trade down, demanding many picks this and next season.  The Browns have some talent and they are going to get really good soon

If I were the Browns, I would offer NYG the 35th overall pick and a 3rd round pick to move from 4th overall to 2nd.  That way I ensure that I get both Barkley and my QB1.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

If I were the Browns, I'd sign Cousins, draft Barkely at #1 and Minkah at #4.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree that this would be very good for them, but I often thinks when it comes to the QB position, teams don't always think "One of these 3 would be great", they hopefully, find ONE that they feel is a great fir for their franchise and focus on that one. So the question will be who is that one and will he still be there.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If I were the Browns, I'd sign Cousins, draft Barkely at #1 and Minkah at #4.

So would I! What an amazing haul that would be for them. They can afford Cousins, so unless they are really in love with one of the QB prospects, this makes a ton of sense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Nick Chubb is looking more and more like the 3rd Rb in this draft...

I don't think I'll change my rankings, but I absolutely agree that he's more of a day 2 guy than a day 3 guy.  His workout numbers are really, really good.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think I'll change my rankings, but I absolutely agree that he's more of a day 2 guy than a day 3 guy.  His workout numbers are really, really good.

The knee issue is a little bothersome. He did just outrun Michel though... Definitely impressive. 

Also, Kolton Miller is making a case for a top 20 pick. 

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So would I! What an amazing haul that would be for them. They can afford Cousins, so unless they are really in love with one of the QB prospects, this makes a ton of sense.

AND they'd still have plenty of cap room, and picks 33, 35, 63, & 65 to fill other holes.

Cleveland can turn this thing around QUICK if they play their cards right.

yes QB is most important position- but think teams way over pay for their lottery ticket at QB.  I am more thrifty then that.  My mantra is I would rather the Bills would be the 2000 Ravens with Trent Dilfer or the 1985 Bears with Jim McMahon then the 2014 Colts with Andrew Luck

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Nick Chubb is looking more and more like the 3rd Rb in this draft...

Nick Chubb started over Todd Gurley.  Then he suffered a devastating knee injury.  He worked back from that is one of top backs in this class.  Nick would make an excellent Bill

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

yes QB is most important position- but think teams way over pay for their lottery ticket at QB.  I am more thrifty then that.  My mantra is I would rather the Bills would be the 2000 Ravens with Trent Dilfer or the 1985 Bears with Jim McMahon then the 2014 Colts with Andrew Luck

Nick Chubb started over Todd Gurley.  Then he suffered a devastating knee injury.  He worked back from that is one of top backs in this class.  Nick would make an excellent Bill

I preferred Michel to Chubb, but now I'd be happy with either. Must be cool for the two of them to go through this process together.