Rumor: Shady on the Trade Block

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

He sent that to the Buffalo Bills instagram. The timing of it is the cryptic part. It's mid February and he is confessing this to the Bills instagram. 

Exactly.  That's why people like me don't understand if it means something else.  I also still don't understand why people don't tweet a little more clearly.  I guess I should study up on tweeting.

I think we can all agree shady has at most two good years left

Ask yourself, with as many holes as the bills have, can they realistically win a Superbowl in the next two years? I'd the answer is no, then why not trade shady for more ammo to build for the future. 

Not saying I want to trade him, but o wouldn't be surprised at all, and I would totally get it. 

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Exactly.  That's why people like me don't understand if it means something else.  I also still don't understand why people don't tweet a little more clearly.  I guess I should study up on tweeting.

It’s meant to get attention. OMG worst night of my life!!!!  And then nothing! 

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Nobody thought we'd trade Watkins. We did. I 100% can see beane trading Mccoy, as much as I don't want that to happen. 

That's how I feel.  Shady loves Tyrod.  This team wants to move away from Tyrod.  Is McCoy going to work with a rookie QB?

I always felt like McCoy wasn't a good enough leader and I think McBeane feel the same way.  He always seems aggravated to me.  They are paying him a ton of money and he seems to be more of a reserved, self-fulfilling type.  Just think about this past season.  The whole year was about 10k.  That's all he talked about. 

Daboll worked with Dion Lewis and he is a FA.  Wouldn't shock me to see this team move on from McCoy.

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Trade him to the Giants coupled with both first rounds picks and out 3rd rounder this year. Giants win the Super Bowl this year and the Bills get their quarterback for the next 15 years and get a Super Bowl win in 2025.

If that is a real possibility, sign me up.  I like Shady, but this is about finally getting a QB.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Gimmie a break.

This team went to the playoffs basically on the back of Shady..

If anything, the Bills are thinking of taking a RB because this team was a disaster with Shady out of the lineup.

Typical internet garbage here.

True, but no matter what McDermott says, I will never believe he expected to make the playoffs this year with all the moves they made. The fact that they did I think just goes to show how good a coach McDermott is. I absolutely believe McDermott and beane believe they can get similar production from a cheaper player. 

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

True, but no matter what McDermott says, I will never believe he expected to make the playoffs this year with all the moves they made. The fact that they did I think just goes to show how good a coach McDermott is. I absolutely believe McDermott and beane believe they can get similar production from a cheaper player. 

What McCoy means to the team, his age, his contract................

there is NO WAY a team will give the Bills anything higher than a 5th round pick for him.

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Sure ..getting the best out of a average in talent team is a work of art..the coach has put his squad in a "team first,me second" mindset..but when the dust settles the teams with the most talent usually end up going deep into the playoffs and maybe even playing for the Lombardi. I'm excited for the draft..no way will coach mc'D allow any player to come into TC and expect gifting to happen..he will make these kids work...blood,sweat,tears,sore bodies...he reminds me of Chuck Knox..or Chuck Knoll.2018 is going to be entertaining..and the bar got higher.

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

He sent that to the Buffalo Bills instagram. The timing of it is the cryptic part. It's mid February and he is confessing this to the Bills instagram. 

I just don't see it or take it as anything different than his letter to the PT. Shady being the best Shady can be and making it known. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

That's how I feel.  Shady loves Tyrod.  This team wants to move away from Tyrod.  Is McCoy going to work with a rookie QB?

I always felt like McCoy wasn't a good enough leader and I think McBeane feel the same way.  He always seems aggravated to me.  They are paying him a ton of money and he seems to be more of a reserved, self-fulfilling type.  Just think about this past season.  The whole year was about 10k.  That's all he talked about. 

Daboll worked with Dion Lewis and he is a FA.  Wouldn't shock me to see this team move on from McCoy.

Really? Maybe I’m out of the loop. Shady wore the march to 10000 shirt once during the week he would obviously surpass it. IIRC he half heartedly answered two questions about it. He was upset when he got injured then played. Can you direct me toward any evidence of his me first attitude? I would certainly appreciate it.

Just now, Cruiserplayer said:

Really? Maybe I’m out of the loop. Shady wore the march to 10000 shirt once during the week he would obviously surpass it. IIRC he half heartedly answered two questions about it. He was upset when he got injured then played. Can you direct me toward any evidence of his me first attitude? I would certainly appreciate it.

Just his social media. All about the 10k chase. Don't think he said anything about playoffs until we actually got in. 

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

Just his social media. All about the 10k chase. Don't think he said anything about playoffs until we actually got in. 

Thanks. Maybe I should twitter and the like more. I just didn’t see the attitude in all the reports and interviews. He seems extremely self motivated the time  he has been here. He has pushed but not pulled his teammates. I really want him to stay on. However I can For see a trade that would be beneficial.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

so this is just some bogus spam article because it includes a 2017 pick.....right? could someone explain the validity or lack thereof of this?

I don’t mean to be a jerk but if you need help with THIS ONE, I’m not sure the internets a place for you to hang 

11 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

so this is just some bogus spam article because it includes a 2017 pick.....right? could someone explain the validity or lack thereof of this?

The article is trash. It’s a create your own funny gossip type deal. The OP is referencing a different source “Bills fanatics.”

4 hours ago, DHBILLSFAN said:

BREAKING: Buffalo Bills trading LeSean McCoy to Giants

http://www.react365.com/58e034542f218/breaking-buffalo-bills-trading-lesean-mccoy-to-giants.html

BREAKING: The Buffalo Bills have agreed to trade veteran running back LeSean McCoy to the New York Giants on Saturday, per sources. 
Trade details;
Giants get -- RB LeSean McCoy, 2018 4th round draft pick.
Bills get -- 2017 2nd round draft pick, 2018 5th round draft pick. 
The Giants, having released Rashad Jennings earlier this offseason left them with a question mark at the position. They fill the need nicely by acquiring McCoy from Buffalo. With this trade, McCoy re-enters the NFC East division, where he was drafted to by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2009.

bills get 2017 2nd rd. pick? can someone please explain this?

4 hours ago, DHBILLSFAN said:

BREAKING: Buffalo Bills trading LeSean McCoy to Giants

http://www.react365.com/58e034542f218/breaking-buffalo-bills-trading-lesean-mccoy-to-giants.html

BREAKING: The Buffalo Bills have agreed to trade veteran running back LeSean McCoy to the New York Giants on Saturday, per sources. 
Trade details;
Giants get -- RB LeSean McCoy, 2018 4th round draft pick.
Bills get -- 2017 2nd round draft pick, 2018 5th round draft pick. 
The Giants, having released Rashad Jennings earlier this offseason left them with a question mark at the position. They fill the need nicely by acquiring McCoy from Buffalo. With this trade, McCoy re-enters the NFC East division, where he was drafted to by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2009.

Isnt this the epitome of trolling? I hope this dude gets banned for intentionally flaming crap with a known fake story. This has to violate ToS.

Edited by aceman_16

22 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

A little confused on leader part. Don't see that in him. 

Then you aren’t paying attention to his interviews, player’s tribune article or social media. He is absolutely looked upon as a leader and the face of the franchise. He’s a little quirky but has shouldered (and embraced) the Bills difficult past. 

Do it! The 2017 2nd round pick is great value!

in all seriousness, I’d be pretty upset if we traded Shady. He IS our offense. Screw thus rebuild talk next year. I want playoffs again!  I’d still be perfectly fine with Cousins. That gives us 5 years at least to contend. 

Can you imagine what kind of trouble this organization would be in if we traded the farm to get a QB that ended up being a bust?

And why would the Giants want Shady?? They’re in ful rebuild mode. 

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Same source that said Maclin signed with Bills. 

Well that worked well.

15 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

bills get 2017 2nd rd. pick? can someone please explain this?

I think it goes along with the picture and article below it, about two Great White Sharks found swimming in the Mississippi near St Louis

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well that worked well.

I think it goes along with the picture and article below it, about two Great White Sharks found swimming in the Mississippi near St Louis

my bad, i didn't get that far as i was pondering the guy using 20 lbs. of beef jerky for bait to catch a 500 pound bullhead in the article above that.....

• Haha (+1) 1