Josh McDaniels Withdraws from Colts' HC Job

39 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If the pats are gonna give him the gig after next season I don't think he cares.

If.  Bellyache may choose to extend as well.  (Though I hope he retires sooner) 

One would think you discuss this before committing to the Indy job. 

If Kraft pulled a fast one would that be a form of tampering?  

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Belichick ia not leaving and just because it dosent suit bills fans McDaniels is not a scumbag. 

He may not be a scumbag, but you HAVE to admit that it was a really scummy move by him. 

I know you're biased about this as a Pats fan but I don't care. Even a Pats fan can't be that naive about what McDaniels did. 

Actually take a minute to think about the scenario he left all these people in and all the lives affected. 

He reached out to numerous guys and asked them to be his assistants, and Indy went ahead and hired them for McDaniels. It's being reported that many of them have already moved to Indy and began working in the Colts building. These coaches uprooted their whole lives and families to move to Indy and work under McDaniels. 

Now they are going to be working for some unknown head coach who is going to have zero loyalty to any of these guys and is going to probably want to bring in his own people the first chance he gets. 

And Indy is stuck trying to find a new head coach who doesn't mind coming in and working with a staff someone else put together, instead of getting to hire his own trusted assistants that share his vision. 

If you cant see how wrong what he did is, then I don't know what to say. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He may not be a scumbag, but you HAVE to admit that it was a really scummy move by him. 

I know you're biased about this as a Pats fan but I don't care. Even a Pats fan can't be that naive about what McDaniels did. 

Actually take a minute to think about the scenario he left all these people in and all the lives affected. 

He reached out to numerous guys and asked them to be his assistants, and Indy went ahead and hired them for McDaniels. It's being reported that many of them have already moved to Indy and began working in the Colts building. These coaches uprooted their whole lives and families to move to Indy and work under McDaniels. 

Now they are going to be working for some unknown head coach who is going to have zero loyalty to any of these guys and is going to probably want to bring in his own people the first chance he gets. 

And Indy is stuck trying to find a new head coach who doesn't mind coming in and working with a staff someone else put together, instead of getting to hire his own trusted assistants that share his vision. 

Ifmyou cant see how wrong what he did is, then I don't know what to say. 

Miss Russini is know to tweet stuff thats garbage, no truth and no sources. I dont believe a word she says

2 hours ago, frogger said:

I bet he was told Old Billy is nearing the end and he’s next up

2 hours ago, frogger said:

I bet he was told Old Billy is nearing the end and he’s next up

Absolutely. Shades of Parcels/Belicheck relationship

Did us hiring Dabol factor in? We all know He was next up in NE , after working for Bills good friend Saban.. interesting thought..

Btw- The Two Bills 30 for 30 is must watch TV.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

He's burned a LOT of bridges, it seems.

Someone should have told him you can only do this to the Jets and Cleveland.

And Buffalo (marone); just sayin

Edited by sleeby

56 minutes ago, major said:

Mcdaniels got canned in Denver for spygate 2 (that's cheating*). Let this sink in: our nation was cheering for the Eagles to win a super bowl. I didn't think that was possible!! Heck, I think our nation would have cheered for North Korea if they were playing the pats

Ha ha. Brutal!

As for this mess... was the contract signed or not? I mean, you just "can't change your mind" if you signed it! Probably not I suppose as the Cheats were still playing?

Dick move by McDaniels, but absolute genius move by Kraft. If Kraft thought he may be losing his HC this almost forces Belichick to stay. If BB leaves and josh and Brady win it all next year with BBs play book and “patriot way”  then it could be said Brady was the reason for all the rings. go bills

14 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

The best part is hearing reggie wayne say what he did was wrong and he hoodwinked the team.

Well reggie josh didnt take 450k signing bonus and ride off into the sunset.

Reggie Wayne spent 14 seasons with the Colts and made 65 million.

Do you think he wanted to retire because of a tough new environment and not wanting to put in the work to learn a new club.............

or he did it for 450k?

Bill Belly's comments:

It's possible the former Colts receiver, who underwent surgery on a torn ACL less than two years ago, decided he just can't do it anymore.

One person who wasn't offended by the fact that Wayne wanted out was Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

Belichick released a statement after Wayne was released, something he doesn't usually do for guys who were with the team for less than two weeks.

"Obviously, Reggie's time here was brief, but it only confirmed what I already thought -- he is a true professional who represents every positive attribute a player should emulate," Belichick said. "Our parting was mutually agreed upon and I am personally grateful to have worked with one of the great NFL players of the past two decades."

30 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Miss Russini is know to tweet stuff thats garbage, no truth and no sources. I dont believe a word she says

I wasn't talking about what she said. I hadn't even seen that tweet when I wrote my response to you.

I was was talking about what Adam Schefter, Ian Rapoport, Mike Garafolo and other very reliable reporters have said. 

33 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If you cant see how wrong what he did is, then I don't know what to say. 

Here's the link....

http://www.businessinsider.com/josh-mcdaniels-colts-assistant-coaches-2018-2

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Probably right, Ed. The shame is that the Pats don’t have to honor the rules everyone has has to obey, in this case contract law.

Umm he had not resigned his position as Patriots OC and was still under contract. They as a business have every legal right to do whatever they can to retain their employee who is still under contract. Till he quits he is THEIR employee. This isn't even close to being a violation of contract law.  For a good example say you get a offer letter from a new potential employer but before you quit your current owner  gives you more money and you decide to stay. You tell your potential new employer you changed your mind and stay. No fraud, nonreprocutions.. it happens. But people get silly when it comes to sports thinking rules are different for them. (And no the CBA has nada do with this.. and the commish has very little power here.)

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm he had not resigned his position as Patriots OC and was still under contract. They as a business have every legal right to do whatever they can to retain their employee who is still under contract. Till he quits he is THEIR employee. This isn't even close to being a violation of contract law.  For a good example say you get a offer letter from a new potential employer but before you quit your current owner  gives you more money and you decide to stay. You tell your potential new employer you changed your mind and stay. No fraud, nonreprocutions.. it happens. But people get silly when it comes to sports thinking rules are different for them. (And no the CBA has nada do with this.. and the commish has very little power here.)

It's still a d-bag move when you think about all of the assistant coaches who committed to the Colts to be a part of his staff.  Your attempt to defend the indefensible is pathetic. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

The Colts are owned by an unpredictable drug-addict and their "franchise QB" suffered an injury that has ended the careers of nearly every QB who's suffered the same (Brees is the exception).

He reserved the right to change his mind just as much as the Colts did.

And I can't STAND Josh McDaniels.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

While what you say is correct in terms to the new job offer, you assume that there has been nothing signed by McDaniels. You don't know that.

I would be shocked if the Colts had been promoting and announcing McDaniels as their HC without at minimum a Letter of Understanding. In that letter, if there is one there could very well be parameters lined out for what would happen should McDaniels or the Colts change their mind if the agreement falls through. That would give the NFL ample power to step in.

As I stated however it's not known by anyone if in fact there has been a letter signed. I'm sure we will hear much more as it all plays out.

Total scumbag move hiring assistants then bailing

Now the new HC is going to get stuck with McDaniels staff?

Lol

What HC doesn't get to pick a staff? Someone totally desperate...

Rex or Jeff Fisher?

1 minute ago, Commsvet11 said:

If true, does that not violate the Rooney rule?

I hope not a single Rooney Rule candidate takes the interview.

McDaniels will never be a HC outside of NE

Just now, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Very well could. Could also be language saying he will be "considered the front runner" with a wink and nod and they will interview some DB coach that fits the bill for token sake.

Well that’s one way but now you have collusion, a bypass of protocol, oh it’s a shady deal alright, but it’s to be expected from that organization.

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's still a d-bag move when you think about all of the assistant coaches who committed to the Colts to be a part of his staff.  Your attmpt to defend the indefensible is pathetic. 

No it's the Pats so reality needs to be twisted and we need to see it their way. Maybe those assistants to the pillar of morality McDaniel are the real villains. 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Colts are owned by an unpredictable drug-addict and their "franchise QB" suffered an injury that has ended the careers of nearly every QB who's suffered the same (Brees is the exception).

He reserved the right to change his mind just as much as the Colts did.

And I can't STAND Josh McDaniels.

Did Joshie just find out all of this stuff AFTER he hired people?

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Major D-Bag move pulling that on the Colts and all of the assistant coaches who committed to being on his staff. 

Indeed.  McDaniels apple falling right in line with the Belichick tree.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

He better hope Kraft hires him when Belicheat retires because he has no credibility anywhere else in the league now

McDaniels and all those guys are the NFL coach equivalent of a beautiful woman.  She treated your roommate like scum, she's treating your best friend like scum, and if she gives you the "look", you're still gonna leave the plain steady Jane at the coffee counter and follow her to the bar seeking what you think she can give you.  Sure, you know a lot of it is the clothes and the stylists, but still....

As OC, McDaniels' team sets a record for most passing yards in a Superbowl, fewest punts in a Superbowl, and so forth.  Teams want what they think he can give them.  Sure, you know a lot of it is Brady, and the guy screwed up in his previous HC gig and as OC for the Rams, his offense was putrid.   But still, if he gives you "the look" and you need a HC, you're gonna go after him.

10 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Well that’s one way but now you have collusion, a bypass of protocol, oh it’s a shady deal alright, but it’s to be expected from that organization.

I’m sure Kraft called Roger and will make sure this gets swept under the carpet.