Josh McDaniels Withdraws from Colts' HC Job

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow do a LITTLE research. The Rooney rule does not apply if their is a succession plan in place it is only in search for a new hire.

also BB it is being reported is the reason he is staying he promised to mentor him more and groom him take over the Pats when he retires.. so he isn't going anywhere right now either. 

He had not signed a contract, and since he was employed by the Pats still at he time (and per the contract he has with them like every other team has) he is not allowed to have another job while working for them.  So they can offer him anything they want to convince him to stay. 

I think screwing over the colts was just just a nice side effect. IMO BB told Kraft his end date for coaching then told him he wanted McDaniels to replace him when he retires... thus the meetings and per bleacher report he decided to stay when BB promised to show him the ins and out of running the Patriots.

they were so intelligent and krafty that they traded JimmG for pennies on the dollar!!! 

How dumb was that??!!! 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

they were so intelligent and krafty that they traded JimmG for pennies on the dollar!!! 

How dumb was that??!!! 

And a cheap, decent backup in Brissett for a crap WR they barely used. And a 5th for a 27 year old journeyman RB they paid but never used.they also could have traded Butler to NO last year for a high pick , after deciding to pay Gilmore, but decided to hang onto him and now they hate him and hes a FA.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He didn't burn any bridges...this is just fan fodder.  He didn't have a locked deal, nor could he, and no deal was announced.  Media ran with assumptions, and Colts probably made him an offer and looked like McDaniels was going to take it, but ultimately turned it down.  He was under NO obligation to go there, take the job etc.  

Not only is that my opinion (first thing this AM) - throughout the day I have read and heard many in the media say the exact same thing.    You just don't do these kind of things.  (Maybe they read my post)

Other than landing the HC job in NE (lets say he doesn't get it)  who will believe him in the future when interviewing  for the job?   

Josh McDaniels just burned a lot of bridges ...

Tony Dungy Rips Josh McDaniels: You Screwed Over Your ...

Josh McDaniels may have screwed himself most of all | New ...

Charley Casserly said the same on NFLN around 11:45 today 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I still scratch my head every off-season when this guy is declared the best potential HC... What has he done apart from BB and TB? If I'm the colts, I'm glad to see it happen. 

On another note, I think Chris Ballard looked pretty dumb declaring the rivalry back on when the colts have been NE's you know what for the past 5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

The media doesn't know any more than anyone else.  The media reported the job BEFORE he could even accept the job.  So the media is reacting to the false confirmation of him taking a job he couldn't accept at the time they reported it.  

So sorry, just more fodder.  Until a contract is signed, there is NO deal.  First rule of ANY business.  Nothing is official UNTIL its official.  Media reported it way early because they thats what they do...say things they cant confirm that they here from undisclosed sources to get article clicks.  And sometimes it bites them in the a**...actually frequently bites them in the a**.

And I am sorry, why does anyone have the right to scrutinize someone making the best decision for his family?  What a load of BS.  His career is not OWED to the Colts.  He had something else PRIOR to concluding and signing any Colts deal that came up that he felt was best for him, his career, and family...nothing was owed to any fan, team, owner, etc.  And its absurd to think so.  If any one here got offered a job and then got offered a job they wanted or preferred more, every single one of you would take that job you preferred.  Bunch of hypocritical criticism that NO ONE else would do them selves.

Its amazing how fans and media try and completely dehumanize life changing and career decisions as if players or coaches OWE team owners something...the same team owners who break the very contracts they sign every single year with players and coaches if they feel they can get someone CHEAPER or BETTER to do the job they gave them a contract to do. 

LUDRICSOUS to falt McDaniels on this, and I hate McDaniels and have no optimism for him as a HC.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

i wonder if Belichick staying another year or 2 hinged on Kraft being able to give McDaniels what he wanted.  BB was fairly close to the vest until after the Superbowl, then told Kraft to keep his OC, and he will remain (and likely pass the steering wheel off for 2019 or 2020)... which is what caused the late push

Honestly that could have been the case with both Belichik AND Brady returning .... maybe both told Kraft they might hang it up unless he is back. Maybe Brady didn’t want to have to get used to another OC at this point and BB didn’t want to have to have anything to do with an inexperienced OC who he would have to promote or want to bring someone in from the outside (which he hates to do). Also could be the reason for that leak on SB Sunday from espn that it could be their last game. Same outlet that leaked the power struggle with those 3. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  He didn't have a final deal with them.  So he is a bad person because he wasn't sold on uprooting his family to a team with an awful roster?  

He didn't burn any bridges...this is just fan fodder.  He didn't have a locked deal, nor could he, and no deal was announced.  Media ran with assumptions, and Colts probably made him an offer and looked like McDaniels was going to take it, but ultimately turned it down.  He was under NO obligation to go there, take the job etc.  

Sorry, but this is apologist bs and it's so illogical it strides boldly into the realm of stupidity. The man uprooted THREE other men and their families at his request. These coaches signed with Indy at his request and he hung them out to dry; they are now under contract and don't get a say in their own career futures or who they will be working with as a HC. Owners are notoriously on the same page about blackballing people who embarrass them, just look at Kaepernick, who could at least be a back-up but is unemployed because he started trouble for the league. 

McDouche burned bridges with all owners but Kraft and burned bridges with coaches around the league after marooning three other people with no regard for what he did to them, going back on his word (which is now worthless) to them and showing that he has zero loyalty to the people around him. 

Your ridiculous narrative about the media "not knowing" McDaniels was the next head coach is asinine. Three men made life and career decisions for themselves and their families on this guy's word and he screwed them. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, seregil42 said:

He is a "bad person" because he told the Colts that he ACCEPTED a job that, if what you say is correct, he wasn't sold on and then proceeded to hire coaches, costing them their previous positions.  You don't want to leave New England?  Fine.  Don't mess with other people's careers, though.

1.  You dont know anything you said is correct.  No one does at this point how much of a commitment he gave them, its media speculation based on secret sources.

2.  Lets say it is true, it means NOTHING.  If a BETTER job comes after, he is under NO OBLIGATION to take a lesser job and if you PRETEND you would still do it, you are a liar.  EVERY single person here would take the better job 100% of the time in that situation.

3.  And if anyone else took a job with the Colts based on a deal that was NOT done, then thats on them.  They should have given a verbal Yes pending the official hiring of McDaniels once he was eligible to be hired rather than sign based on something that was not official.  A deal is NOT official, until its official.  Banking on the probable is gamble that doesn't always pay off.

So sorry, all nonsense criticism in my book...and again, I personally cant stand McDaniels, so feels weird to defend him here.  But removing bias, he did nothing wrong at by making a better decision for himself when he got what he felt was a better offer.

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I still scratch my head every off-season when this guy is declared the best potential HC... What has he done apart from BB and TB? If I'm the colts, I'm glad to see it happen. 

On another note, I think Chris Ballard looked pretty dumb declaring the rivalry back on when the colts have been NE's you know what for the past 5 years. 

I am totally with you, I have no optimism for him as a HC.  I actually cant stand him and had no interest when some were throwing his name around for the Bills job after Rex was fired.  

But, I do defend a mans right to choose what is best for his career, family, etc.  And he did NOT have a done deal, so him having a change of heart after the Pats pushed to keep him is just fine in my book.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

1.  You dont know anything you said is correct.  No one does at this point.  

2.  Lets say it is true, it means NOTHING.  If a BETTER job comes after, he is under NO OBLIGATION to take a lesser job and if you PRETEND you would still do it, you are a liar.  EVERY single person here would take the better job 100% of the time in that situation.

So sorry, all nonsense...and again, I personally cant stand McDaniels, so feels weird to defend him here.  But removing bias, he did nothing wrong at all.  

1.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/chris-ballard-were-disappointed-we-had-an-agreement-with-josh-mcdaniels/

Straight from the GM's mouth.  Also, it's now being reported that his agent has dropped him.  But continue sticking your fingers in your ears.

No one is saying that he was obligated to take the Colts job.  Just that he was an idiot in how he pulled out after hiring coaches and leaving them hanging. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1.  You dont know anything you said is correct.  No one does at this point.  

So sorry, all nonsense...and again, I personally cant stand McDaniels, so feels weird to defend him here.  But removing bias, he did nothing wrong at all.  

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Major D-Bag move pulling that on the Colts and all of the assistant coaches who committed to being on his staff. 

I can't believe you are defending McDaniels' DH move of backing out after agreement to become the Colts' HC. 

13 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

1.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/chris-ballard-were-disappointed-we-had-an-agreement-with-josh-mcdaniels/

Straight from the GM's mouth.  Also, it's now being reported that his agent has dropped him.  But continue sticking your fingers in your ears.

No one is saying that he was obligated to take the Colts job.  Just that he was an idiot in how he pulled out after hiring coaches and leaving them hanging. 

I still greatly disagree...those coaches should have agreed but not signed UNTIL McDaniels signed if the "only" reason they went to Indy was because of him.  And, NE made the offer AFTER the fact. 

So again, ANYONE pretending they would take the lesser job after receiving either a better offer or one they preferred more is kidding themselves.  He was under no contractual obligation and someone (NE) made him an offer BEFORE the deal could be made official that was better for him, his career, and his family in his eyes.

Yuck, I hate defending McDaniels, cant stand him.  But I strongly feel that Teams and Owners get WAY too much sympathy when they are the ones who regularly break contracts and their word to coaches and players every single year. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I can't believe you are defending McDaniels' DH move of backing out after agreement to become the Colts' HC. 

Trust me, I hate the guy and think very lowly about his HC potential.

But dude, he got a BETTER offer (at least in his eyes) after the Colts meetings.  No one here would turn down a better offer to take a lesser offer when the contracts and deal wasn't official.  So, to me its a lot of hypocritical criticism.  

DeAndre Jordan was just fine after backing out the Mavs deal while in Dallas to sign when Clippers made last second push to keep him.  And its not like McDaniels went to another team, he got an offer to stay where he has had all his success, where his kids and family are, etc.  So this is just a bunch of over reaction to me about something everyone would have done exactly the same if they had been in his shoes and got a last minute offer they preferred to stay "home".

So if a player verbally agrees to a $40M contract, then gets a call before its done for $50M he is supposed to turn down $10M to keep his word to a team that will cut him and break the contract the moment they feel they dont need or want him?  Come on now...F the teams, they screw coaches and players regularly.  They have no honor in contracts, and McDaniels didn't even have a contract.  

All good though, I am not mad that others want to rip him, I honestly cant stand him at all, so doesn't bother me.  But I have integrity in my opinions, so I cant change my opinion to favor my hate for McDaniels.  So I have to remove the bias hate of him and go with how I would feel if any other coach, player, or myself was in the situation.  And the teams are the last people that should be getting sympathy in a situation like this.  They abandon players, coaches, contracts on a regular basis to suit their needs when ever they feel like it.  McDaniels didn't even break a contract, just changed his mind before the deal was done when he got a better offer for him and his family.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I still greatly disagree...those coaches should have agreed but not signed UNTIL McDaniels signed if the "only" reason they went to Indy was because of him.  And, NE made the offer AFTER the fact. 

So again, ANYONE pretending they would take the lesser job after receiving either a better offer or one they preferred more is lying through their teeth.  He was under no contractual obligation and someone (NE) made him an offer BEFORE the deal could be made official that was better for him, his career, and his family in his eyes.

Sorry, still greatly disagree here.  Yuck, I hate defending McDaniels, cant stand him.  But I strongly feel that Teams and Owners get WAY too much sympathy when they are the ones who regularly break contracts and their word to coaches and players every single year. 

The reason why assistant coaches would follow McDaniels and sign is because they see great opportunity (you know, taking the better job prospect).  Hard to fault them if it's almost unheard of of a coach pulling this kind of stunt.  Coaches tend to want to get a head start on things and McDaniels couldn't sign before the Super Bowl.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is saying he was contractually obligated to stay with the Colts.  Just that he went about this in wrong way, ethically.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The media doesn't know any more than anyone else.  The media reported the job BEFORE he could even accept the job.  So the media is reacting to the false confirmation of him taking a job he couldn't accept at the time they reported it.  

So sorry, just more fodder.  Until a contract is signed, there is NO deal.  First rule of ANY business.  Nothing is official UNTIL its official.  Media reported it way early because they thats what they do...say things they cant confirm that they here from undisclosed sources to get article clicks.  And sometimes it bites them in the a**...actually frequently bites them in the a**.

And I am sorry, why does anyone have the right to scrutinize someone making the best decision for his family?  What a load of BS.  His career is not OWED to the Colts.  He had something else PRIOR to concluding and signing any Colts deal that came up that he felt was best for him, his career, and family...nothing was owed to any fan, team, owner, etc.  And its absurd to think so.  If any one here got offered a job and then got offered a job they wanted or preferred more, every single one of you would take that job you preferred.  Bunch of hypocritical criticism that NO ONE else would do them selves.

Its amazing how fans and media try and completely dehumanize life changing and career decisions as if players or coaches OWE team owners something...the same team owners who break the very contracts they sign every single year with players and coaches if they feel they can get someone CHEAPER or BETTER to do the job they gave them a contract to do. 

LUDRICSOUS to falt McDaniels on this, and I hate McDaniels and have no optimism for him as a HC.  

You're giving McDaniels way too much of a pass.  This isn't an issue of what the media reported, this is an issue of what McDaniels led the Colts FO to believe: that they had a deal, that they should schedule the presser and warm up the private jet.

I just hope the people in your life are aware that you take the attitude that your word is no good, unless you give them something in writing they deserve whatever they get when you don't come through.  And also that you believe it is justified to screw other people's families in favor of your own if they're so foolish as to place faith in your spoken word.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But dude, he got a BETTER offer (at least in his eyes) after the Colts meetings.  No one here would turn down a better offer to take a lesser offer when the contracts and deal wasn't official.  So, to me its a lot of hypocritical criticism.  

Which offer is this?     Is it in writing  and signed by all parties involved and notarized? 

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So again, ANYONE pretending they would take the lesser job after receiving either a better offer or one they preferred more is kidding themselves.  He was under no contractual obligation and someone (NE) made him an offer BEFORE the deal could be made official that was better for him, his career, and his family in his eyes.

Yuck, I hate defending McDaniels, cant stand him.  But I strongly feel that Teams and Owners get WAY too much sympathy when they are the ones who regularly break contracts and their word to coaches and players every single year. 

DeAndre Jordan was just fine after backing out the Mavs deal while in Dallas to sign when Clippers made last second push to keep him.  And its not like McDaniels went to another team, he got an offer to stay where he has had all his success, where his kids and family are, etc.  So this is just a bunch of over reaction to me about something everyone would have done exactly the same if they had been in his shoes and got a last minute offer they preferred to stay "home".

So if a player verbally agrees to a $40M contract, then gets a call before its done for $50M he is supposed to turn down $10M to keep his word to a team that will cut him and break the contract the moment they feel they dont need or want him?  Come on now...F the teams, they screw coaches and players regularly.  They have no honor in contracts, and McDaniels didn't even have a contract.  

All good though, I am not mad that others want to rip him, I honestly cant stand him at all, so doesn't bother me.  But I have integrity in my opinions, so I cant change my opinion to favor my hate for McDaniels.  So I have to remove the bias hate of him and go with how I would feel if any other coach, player, or myself was in the situation.  And the teams are the last people that should be getting sympathy in a situation like this.  They abandon players, coaches, contracts on a regular basis to suit their needs when ever they feel like it.  McDaniels didn't even break a contract, just changed his mind before the deal was done when he got a better offer for him and his family.  

His agent just dumped him, and told him he is committing career suicide. If it doesn't work out with the Pats, after BB and Brady are gone, McDaniels is going to have a hard time finding another job at the professional level. 

Really can't believe anyone is defending McDaniels here.  Clearly there was a deal that had been agreed to, other people changed jobs in reliance thereon, and then one party reneged out of "comfort" concerns.  McDaniels is a POS and the only NFL team he'll ever be the head coach for is NE -- which is a perfect fit.

I was very impressed with Ballard; he's obviously pissed but he did a great job during his PC.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're giving McDaniels way too much of a pass.  This isn't an issue of what the media reported, this is an issue of what McDaniels led the Colts FO to believe: that they had a deal, that they should schedule the presser and warm up the private jet.

I just hope the people in your life are aware that you take the attitude that your word is no good, unless you give them something in writing they deserve whatever they get when you don't come through.  And also that you believe it is justified to screw other people's families in favor of your own if they're so foolish as to place faith in your spoken word.

First off, I respect you as a poster...but you can stop right there when it comes to challenging what my word means.  Anyone around me will tell you that my word is everything to me.

BUT...this is BUSINESS and his CAREER.  And people MUST make the RIGHT decisions for themselves or for their companies, and those decisions are NOT always easy.  McDaniels got a BETTER offer for him and his family AFTER he met with the Colts.  If you are going to tell me that you would value your VERBAL agreement you made BEFORE you got an offer that was better for your wife and kids, then you are either a liar or you simply dont value your family over your job.  

And what little I know of you, I would guess you would absolutely put your family first no matter what.  And McDaniels got a job offer that was better financially and allowed him to keep his kids with their friends and in their schools.  So for anyone to come out and judge him for thinking of whats best for them and his career is completely hypocritical because we would all do the same.  

Its not like he instead took the Lions job here...he got a chance to keep his kids where they are and keep a job for more money in the only place he has had success with an organization that stepped up and wanted to keep him.

12 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

His agent just dumped him, and told him he is committing career suicide. If it doesn't work out with the Pats, after BB and Brady are gone, McDaniels is going to have a hard time finding another job at the professional level. 

They said the same nonsense about DeAndre Jordan, yet here we are 2 years later and all kinds of teams trying to trade for him.  

And his agent doesn't care about McDaniels or whats best for him, he cares about getting paid.  Agents are not saints on any level and most could care less about their clients, just the money they make on the back of the deals they do for those clients.  So his agent is not someone I feel sorry for.  

And quite frankly, its a PR move by the agent to send a message to the Colts so they dont hold it against him when he brings the next client in.  Its a business and PR move more than anything else.

16 minutes ago, seregil42 said:

The reason why assistant coaches would follow McDaniels and sign is because they see great opportunity (you know, taking the better job prospect).  Hard to fault them if it's almost unheard of of a coach pulling this kind of stunt.  Coaches tend to want to get a head start on things and McDaniels couldn't sign before the Super Bowl.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is saying he was contractually obligated to stay with the Colts.  Just that he went about this in wrong way, ethically.

I have said my piece on this...I honestly hate McDaniels, making want to puke to defend his decision.  

But the last thing I would say is that you guys are all GREATLY overlooking a CRITICAL piece of the story to fit the narrative of this being a bad move.  He got the offer from the Pats AFTER the Colts offer.  He did NOT have that information when he thought he was going to take the Colts.  

I dont know if you have kids or not...but if you had a choice that came in AFTER that paid you more, kept you where you have succeeded and ALSO kept your kids with their friends an in their schools...you would do it too.  I cant fault anyone for making a decision when something better came along after the fact before he officially moved forward.  To do so is IMO very selfish to think he owed the Colts more than he owed himself or his family to make the right decision.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

First off, I respect you as a poster...but you can stop right there when it comes to challenging what my word means.  Anyone around me will tell you that my word is everything to me.

BUT...this is BUSINESS and his CAREER.  And people MUST make the RIGHT decisions for themselves or for their companies, and those decisions are NOT always easy.  McDaniels got a BETTER offer for him and his family AFTER he met with the Colts.  If you are going to tell me that you would value your VERBAL agreement you made BEFORE you got an offer that was better for your wife and kids, then you are either a liar or you simply dont value your family over your job.  

And what little I know of you, I would guess you would absolutely put your family first no matter what.  And McDaniels got a job offer that was better financially and allowed him to keep his kids with their friends and in their schools.  So for anyone to come out and judge him for thinking of whats best for them and his career is completely hypocritical because we would all do the same.  

Its not like he instead took the Lions job here...he got a chance to keep his kids where they are and keep a job for more money in the only place he has had success with an organization that stepped up and wanted to keep him.

They said the same nonsense about DeAndre Jordan, yet here we are 2 years later and all kinds of teams trying to trade for him.  

And his agent doesn't care about McDaniels or whats best for him, he cares about getting paid.  Agents are not saints on any level and most could care less about their clients, just the money they make on the back of the deals they do for those clients.  So his agent is not someone I feel sorry for.  

And quite frankly, its a PR move by the agent to send a message to the Colts so they dont hold it against him when he brings the next client in.  Its a business and PR move more than anything else.

DeAndre Jordan had assistants from all over, accept jobs with the Mavericks because they thought he was going to Dallas? I missed that part. It isn't the same, to you it is, but it isn't. You cry the media doesn't know more than us and it's just fodder, but keep spewing McDaniels got a better offer like it's a fact that you know, from the media. What he did was wrong. You might be the only one who doesn't agree with that. Also, if his agent only cares about the money, and you claim he is getting a better deal with NE, I assume that means more money?

Edited by BillsFan2313

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But dude, he got a BETTER offer (at least in his eyes) after the Colts meetings. No one here would turn down a better offer to take a lesser offer when the contracts and deal wasn't official.  So, to me its a lot of hypocritical criticism.  

Like thousands of other people, I've been in situations where the honorable thing to do wasn't aligned with the best thing to do for my career.  Like thousands of others, I chose the honorable thing.

Specifically, I've turned down bigger/more generous offers out of loyalty to the people I gathered onto my team.  I suspect many of McDaniel's critics have done the same.  

He made commitments to people.  Then he selfishly broke those commitments.  This is bad.

12 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

DeAndre Jordan had assistants from all over, accept jobs with the Mavericks because they thought he was going to Dallas? I missed that part. It isn't the same, to you it is, but it isn't. You cry the media doesn't know more than us and it's just fodder, but keep spewing McDaniels got a better offer like it's a fact that you know, from the media. What he did was wrong. You might be the only one who doesn't agree with that. 

What are you talking about?  Mavs PASSED up OTHER players because they had a DEAL with DeAndre.  They missed out on signing guys who had already signed with other teams.  

Secondly, anyone who took a job with the Colts based on an UNSIGNED contract from a guy who was under contract still with another team is foolish.  They should have AGREED to the job PENDING McDaniels OFFICIALLY taking the job if the ONLY reason was because of McDaniels.  Geezus, anyone in business knows you dont make decisions on things that are not official, and if you do then you are making a calculate gamble on that going as planned...and sometimes, you lose when you gamble.  

And we all already know that NE offered McDaniels more money to stay after the SB.  So that is not fodder, he got an offer AFTER the Colts offer that he felt was better for his family and career.  I love all these people here pretending they would turn down a better job for themselves and their family to keep a verbal deal on a job offer that came in BEFORE the better one.  

Anyways, not sure why I got so sucked into this...I mean I hate McDaniels.  Actually glad he might one day succeed BB as I think he will be a sucky HC again.  But I dont form my opinions on subjects based on biased hate, I treat it the same if it was me or anyone else.  

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Like thousands of other people, I've been in situations where the honorable thing to do wasn't aligned with the best thing to do for my career.  Like thousands of others, I chose the honorable thing.

Specifically, I've turned down bigger/more generous offers out of loyalty to the people I gathered onto my team.  I suspect many of McDaniel's critics have done the same.  

He made commitments to people.  Then he selfishly broke those commitments.  This is bad.

I mean no disrespect but are you saying you would uproot your kids, wife, etc...take them to somewhere they dont want to go, away from their schools and friends all in the name of some pretend honorable decision?  No disrespect, but I dont believe that for a second.  Verbal deals that dont move forward happen a million times a day in every industry in the world.  If I had a dollar for every verbal commitment from a potential investor made to me in my company that didn't go through I would be a rich man.  

You guys lack humanity in these decisions...its not just him, its his kids and family too.  I seriously doubt you would disrupt the lives of your children to take a job that you agreed to take BEFORE a better job came along that was best for your kids.  

I put my family before any job...and its not even a question.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nice  Way to go to save face 

Yeah, he had not choice, I would have done the same without question.  All the agent cares about is his relationship with the teams because thats how he gets paid on future clients, getting teams to give his clients contracts and money.  So he has to make a good statement here to help preserve those relationships.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

To everyone...its all good.  Hate him all you want, I am there with you...I just hate him because I always hated him.  I think people have a right to choose the best decisions for them and their families, and sometimes those choices don't always come at the same time and tough decisions need to be made.  

I wonder if anyone would have felt bad for McDaniels though if he got fired after 8 games if they started 0-8 with that bad roster, especially after uprooting his family to Indy.  No one cares about the player/coach when the team breaks their commitment to them and breaks their contract...and they sure don't think about what the families go through either.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To everyone...its all good.  Hate him all you want, I am there with you...I just hate him because I always hated him.  I think people have a right to choose the best decisions for them and their families, and sometimes those choices don't always come at the same time and tough decisions need to be made.  

I wonder if anyone would have felt bad for McDaniels though if he got fired after 8 games if they started 0-8 with that bad roster, especially after uprooting his family to Indy.  No one cares about the player/coach when the team breaks their commitment to them and breaks their contract...and they sure don't think about what the families go through either.  

To that I say....WAAAAAAA.  These guys make dream money; the "uprooting" is way overplayed.  McDaniels is a POS.

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

People should be able to choose what's best for their family.  Unfortunately, McDaniels didn't have that same thought for the three other families he just uprooted.  Real classy guy.

Also, no, I wouldn't feel bad because that's the nature of the business HE chose.  If you choose this job, you assume that risk.

Just now, seregil42 said:

People should be able to choose what's best for their family.  Unfortunately, McDaniels didn't have that same thought for the three other families he just uprooted.  Real classy guy.

Also, no, I wouldn't feel bad because that's the nature of the business HE chose.  If you choose this job, you assume that risk.

And don't equate this to the three families he uprooted.  It's not nearly the same situation.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Seems like Tony Dungy, whose opinion matters, disagrees with you strongly.

1 minute ago, seregil42 said:

And don't equate this to the three families he uprooted.  It's not nearly the same situation.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Sorry, but this is apologist bs and it's so illogical it strides boldly into the realm of stupidity. The man uprooted THREE other men and their families at his request. These coaches signed with Indy at his request and he hung them out to dry; they are now under contract and don't get a say in their own career futures or who they will be working with as a HC. Owners are notoriously on the same page about blackballing people who embarrass them, just look at Kaepernick, who could at least be a back-up but is unemployed because he started trouble for the league. 

McDouche burned bridges with all owners but Kraft and burned bridges with coaches around the league after marooning three other people with no regard for what he did to them, going back on his word (which is now worthless) to them and showing that he has zero loyalty to the people around him. 

Your ridiculous narrative about the media "not knowing" McDaniels was the next head coach is asinine. Three men made life and career decisions for themselves and their families on this guy's word and he screwed them. 

Thata incorrect you dont know if he did that or ballard did that

Lol your all salty because mcdaniels is staying in new england and that is bad news for you.

Thats the only explanation for a 15 page thread ob a topic that has nothing to do with the bills.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I encourage you to come back after you have hair removed from mouth from licking Pats* balls.

Ahahaha good one. I know this much

Pats are winning at least 2 games in 2018

18 hours ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Ahahaha good one. I know this much
Pats are winning at least 2 games in 2018

What is worse us talking about the evil empire or some unpaid publicist coming here and posting?

Josh McDaniels' agent quits after being stunned by decision

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Agent understands it is not just McDaniels' reputation is at stake here.

Edited by Limeaid

Just now, Limeaid said:

I encourage you to come back after you have hair removed from mouth from licking Pats* balls.

Josh McDaniels' agent quits after being stunned by decision

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Agent understands it is not just McDaniels' reputation is at stake here.

Dont care this is none of your concern, youre a bills fan

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Could be. Alternately, the owner may have promised him he'll succeed Belichick. Or at least be a leading candidate with an inside track.

That would be cheating and violation of Rooney Rule - you can only promise jobs to black coaches not white, asian or hispanic - and we know the Pats* will not cheat.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure he has it in writing that he’s the next Pats HC and that the time frame on that is relatively imminent.

Would love to get copy of that document and publicize it.

2 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

You guys are obsessed. Its laughable at this point. 

Grow up 

We talk about NFL topics that may not be about the Bills. We talked about Nick Sabah when he tucked tail and ran; ditto for Bobby Petrino.

Deal with it

Or go away

As for your contention that this somehow is not on McDaniels for what he did to his assistants, that's utter hogwash. There is absolutely no way that he didn't assemble his own staff. Those guys left jobs and we're hung out to dry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

...certainly understand what you're saying Dawg.......media reported McDaniels & Patricia HC hires as well as Alex Smith trade, NONE of which had signed contracts in place when reported......Patricia signed, McDaniels balked and Smith/Deadskins still have an opportunity to nix the deal....absolutely loathe the urinalists, but this one is NOT on them IMO....