TRADE TYROD/ GET BRADFORD/ DRAFT FUTURE

DKBills25

Excellent another post wanting Glassman on our team.....are people not aware of this guy??? really??? its hard enough for him to stay on the football for a quarter of a season but you want to roll the dice with him with our offensive line?? No....please no!

On 1/31/2018 at 4:49 AM, DKBills25 said:

Die hard fan,

just made this account 

But I think this would be the best move for us 

I think cousins will demand too much money and even thou he can throw well I don’t think he would get us in the right direction 

we need to draft our future (mayfield,Jackson) and sigh Bradford to help mold the rook.

basically what the chiefs did. 

Bradford IMO we can get cheap and will give us the best chance to win 

I would also love to see us maybe trade for a young starter (most likely not gonna happen) but maybe Luck,Dalton or Winston

I see that you are "all in" for doing just what the Bills have been doing for the last 2 decades: putter about aimlessly for a QB like a blind squirrel seeking a nut.  Sorry to be rough on you, but if you've been reading a while (recommended before posting), you will know this sort of post is all too common, repeated over and over and over again.  So it's not fair, but you get about a dozen posts worth of parody and frustration.  (don't take it personal, just divide it by 12 for your dose)

"Hell, no, we can't make a play for the best FA, Cousins, that rarely available potential franchise guy, he would cost too much.  Let's sign a 4th team retread like Bradford with major flaws and health risks and tell the fans he gives us the best chance to win, even though he's cheap because his leg is held on with bailing wire and duct tape and he has a 2 season past history of going out before the first 3 games.  Oh, and trading up to the top of the draft where the probabilities are highest would cost too much too, so let's settle for 3 or 4th or 5th best QB - especially let's go draft another running back who plays QB** like Jackson to replace our running back who plays QB.  Oh, then while we're at it, let's trade for another team's franchise QB who is only signed through 2018 so we need to give up draft picks AND then sign the guy to a big honkin' deal or watch those draft picks go for naught.

What the Chiefs did was nothing like this.  They traded 2 picks, 2nd and 3rd round for a QB with a couple of good years under his belt and no injury history who was available because his team mistakenly thought they had someone better, then the Chiefs gave him a 4 year, $68M contract extension. 

And they got good performance out of him for years, but then they looked to upgrade, watched their guy for a couple years, decided he was the one, and did what they had to do to get him.

They had a plan.

I want the Bills to have a plan.  And what you're describing is not a plan, it's firing buckshot at a target and hoping something fits.

You want Mayfield?  Some think he's the best shot.  Great.  Let's go All In to get Mayfield.  And then let's sign a vet to mentor him, the sturdiest, toughest boot-leather I will not get hurt, and if I do get hurt I will be available, vet we can find.   "We can get him Cheap" should NOT be on the menu.

**draft evaluation of Jackson: "Jackson needs to continue to improve his accuracy as a passer. That's the bottom line. Right now, he's a phenomenal college quarterback mostly due to his running skills and athleticism."   Right, let's run a QB out of town who we complain about because his accuracy as a passer and ability to go through progressions don't match his running skills and athleticism, so that we can use a high draft pick on another guy with that scouting report.

14 minutes ago, jr1 said:

guys with worse career winning percentages than Tyrod aren't an "upgrade" 

Wins are not a QB stat, and Bradford has played on some poor teams.  That's not where the "smart money" looks.

That said, Bradford has never shown himself to be "all world" as a QB, and his knee is made of glass.  There could be jokes about a mafioso taking a discount to kneecap Bradford.

28 minutes ago, nucci said:

Except that he's rarely healthy and has bad knees

"Other than That, Mrs Lincoln, How did you like the Play?"

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JPP said:

Excellent another post wanting Glassman on our team.....are people not aware of this guy??? really??? its hard enough for him to stay on the football for a quarter of a season but you want to roll the dice with him with our offensive line?? No....please no!

At least with Bradford you have a QB that can put up passing numbers and win games. Yea he has a history of being injured but at least their is a chance. With Taylor their is no chance, after watching the offensive passing numbers put up in the playoffs and the Super Bowl their is no way Taylor would even have a chance in a game like that.

I like Bradford as long as he comes on a cap friendly number with not a lot guaranteed. If he wants big money like these other guys are getting no way-too risky with his injury history. But if its like a 12-15 million bridge type deal that is cap friendly with not a lot of dead money or an out clause I support it.

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I see that you are "all in" for doing just what the Bills have been doing for the last 2 decades: putter about aimlessly for a QB like a blind squirrel seeking a nut.  Sorry to be rough on you, but if you've been reading a while (recommended before posting), you will know this sort of post is all too common, repeated over and over and over again.  So it's not fair, but you get about a dozen posts worth of parody and frustration.  (don't take it personal, just divide it by 12 for your dose)

"Hell, no, we can't make a play for the best FA, Cousins, that rarely available potential franchise guy, he would cost too much.  Let's sign a 4th team retread like Bradford with major flaws and health risks and tell the fans he gives us the best chance to win, even though he's cheap because his leg is held on with bailing wire and duct tape and he has a 2 season past history of going out before the first 3 games.  Oh, and trading up to the top of the draft where the probabilities are highest would cost too much too, so let's settle for 3 or 4th or 5th best QB - especially let's go draft another running back who plays QB** like Jackson to replace our running back who plays QB.  Oh, then while we're at it, let's trade for another team's franchise QB who is only signed through 2018 so we need to give up draft picks AND then sign the guy to a big honkin' deal or watch those draft picks go for naught.

What the Chiefs did was nothing like this.  They traded 2 picks, 2nd and 3rd round for a QB with a couple of good years under his belt and no injury history who was available because his team mistakenly thought they had someone better, then the Chiefs gave him a 4 year, $68M contract extension. 

And they got good performance out of him for years, but then they looked to upgrade, watched their guy for a couple years, decided he was the one, and did what they had to do to get him.

They had a plan.

I want the Bills to have a plan.  And what you're describing is not a plan, it's firing buckshot at a target and hoping something fits.

You want Mayfield?  Some think he's the best shot.  Great.  Let's go All In to get Mayfield.  And then let's sign a vet to mentor him, the sturdiest, toughest boot-leather I will not get hurt, and if I do get hurt I will be available, vet we can find.   "We can get him Cheap" should NOT be on the menu.

**draft evaluation of Jackson: "Jackson needs to continue to improve his accuracy as a passer. That's the bottom line. Right now, he's a phenomenal college quarterback mostly due to his running skills and athleticism."   Right, let's run a QB out of town who we complain about because his accuracy as a passer and ability to go through progressions don't match his running skills and athleticism, so that we can use a high draft pick on another guy with that scouting report.

Wins are not a QB stat, and Bradford has played on some poor teams.  That's not where the "smart money" looks.

That said, Bradford has never shown himself to be "all world" as a QB, and his knee is made of glass.  There could be jokes about a mafioso taking a discount to kneecap Bradford.

"Other than That, Mrs Lincoln, How did you like the Play?"

More like "Hell no we are not paying franchise money for a QB who is not franchise caliber"

Cousins is nowhere near good enough to get paid what is going to get paid and to make up for the roster deficiencies he will end up causing by default on the new team. He is fools gold.

Looks shiny, will put up big numbers, wont translate to wins.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My faith in McBeane, tarnished by the "bench Tyrod for NotreadyNate" episode, will plummet if Bradford is on our team.

I don't blame the coaching staff or GM for the benching of Taylor. Taylor's horrible play leading up to the Chargers game was the main reason for him being benched. To top it off you have Lynn's knowledge of Taylor's weaknesses and a Chargers defense that can do the same things to Taylor that the Jets defense did. Taylor being benched is not on the HC or GM, it's on Taylor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't blame the coaching staff or GM for the benching of Taylor. Taylor's horrible play leading up to the Chargers game was the main reason for him being benched. To top it off you have Lynn's knowledge of Taylor's weaknesses and a Chargers defense that can do the same things to Taylor that the Jets defense did. Taylor being benched is not on the HC or GM, it's on Taylor.

Disagree.

12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I like Bradford as long as he comes on a cap friendly number with not a lot guaranteed. If he wants big money like these other guys are getting no way-too risky with his injury history. But if its like a 12-15 million bridge type deal that is cap friendly with not a lot of dead money or an out clause I support it.

But he still has an injury history and bad knees.....why bother signing him at all? I don't get this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/31/2018 at 6:54 AM, jtrip said:

Tyler Steege @TSteegeNFL

Alex Smith: 33

,000 yard seasons

Kirk Cousins: 3

Alex Smith: 1

Total TD passes last 3 seasons:

Kirk Cousins: 81

Alex Smith: 61

The #Redskins just traded FOR an older QB who isn’t even as good as their current QB.

How do their playoff numbers stack up?  Or the fact that you're using raw numbers despite the increased attempts for cousins vs smith.  45 extra attempts for cousins in 2017, and 51 additional yards.  Cousins comp% went down for the 2nd straight year.  Smiths had an INT% under 2% for 5 straight seasons, Cousins never has.  Cousins led the league in sack yardage last year. 

Edited by dneveu

14 minutes ago, ILoveEndingTheSeasonInNov said:

Signing Bradford would be a "buy the rookie a little time" move,  for those struggling to understand this.  

The struggle is to understand why those who agree with you, think that signing Bradford would, in fact, "buy the rookie a little time"

If you want a vet to "buy the rookie time", the #1 criterion for that vet is HE MUST BE AVAILABLE

See the "logical" decision to ditch Fitz for "German word for made of Glass" Kolb

Planning to start a vet with Bradford's injury history seems like a plan where you "lose your Hat"

And any plan where you "lose your Hat....is a Bad Plan" -any Jaegermonster

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I actually prefer the rookie start Day 1, so whatever vet they sign I’m ok with being a backup with starting experience. If they can start out of the gate then fine, but if I have one of my top 3 - darnold, Mayfield, Rosen - then I want them out there right away. I realize that’s not a popular opinion. That’s why I’m ok with Bradford. How long will he available before he gets hurt? Maybe he isn’t even needed. He’s there as a safety valve. Jmo. 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If a team trades any draft pick for Tyrod Taylor I will eat my shoe. He will need to be released, a team will then sign him for 5 or 6 mil per year.

Didn't we trade Matt Cassell for a 6th rounder? Tyrod has trade value. I would hope for a 3rd but more realistically expect a 4th.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Didn't we trade Matt Cassell for a 6th rounder? Tyrod has trade value. I would hope for a 3rd but more realistically expect a 4th.

Yes and Cardale for a 7th. I think the sticking point is his contract, however. That’s why I think we could get a pick from the Browns because they desperately need a vet QB at this point and have a surplus of picks and cap space. but the options are limited. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

At least with Bradford you have a QB that can put up passing numbers and win games. Yea he has a history of being injured but at least their is a chance. With Taylor their is no chance, after watching the offensive passing numbers put up in the playoffs and the Super Bowl their is no way Taylor would even have a chance in a game like that.

Obessed much arent we??  Who the hell is talking about Taylor??  I am speaking specifically about the glassman's endurance...he would be lucky to play 3 maybe 4 games before some DL sidelines him....try hard for foles or get one of Minni's QB's (except for bradford of course)....

Edited by JPP

On 1/31/2018 at 5:49 AM, DKBills25 said:

Die hard fan,

just made this account 

I think cousins will demand too much money and even thou he can throw well I don’t think he would get us in the right direction 

we need to draft our future (mayfield,Jackson) and sigh Bradford to help mold the rook.

I would also love to see us maybe trade for a young starter (most likely not gonna happen) but maybe Luck,Dalton or Winston

Amen brother, I agree with all of this accept that Bradford will be cheap, hasn't been cheap anywhere he's played plus there is a dozen or so teams vying for a QB of his caliber, we would be lucky to get him.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:25 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With Taylor you know there is no chance at a Super Bowl.

With Bradford if he can stay healthy you have a chance at a Super Bowl.

I would choose Bradford and the chance.

How many teams has Bradford been healthy enough to take to even a winning season?   Not many because he's missed all/most of 4 seasons in his 8 year pro career.  Bradford can not stay on the field, which is exactly why Case Keenum became the Vikings' starter.  When he's on the field, he's basically a game manager type QB in the same mold as Tyrod Taylor ... or Alex Smith prior to 2017.   He's one of those first round QBs who keeps getting starting jobs because he hasn't totally crashed and burned ... because he's always hurt.

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and Cardale for a 7th. I think the sticking point is his contract, however. That’s why I think we could get a pick from the Browns because they desperately need a vet QB at this point and have a surplus of picks and cap space. but the options are limited. 

Tyrod to Cleveland makes too much sense not to happen - they have no viable bridge vet, they have loads of cap room and they NEED to win games next year (for Hue at least).  I think his "value" is probably a 5th rounder but I'm hoping with all Cleveland's picks you might get one of their 4ths? 

On 31/01/2018 at 5:49 AM, DKBills25 said:

Die hard fan,

just made this account 

Welcome to TBD. Please don't use caps like that.

These threads make me laugh.  I find it hard to believe that anyone even thinks that Tyrod has trade value.  Heck someone up above said a 3rd rounder but thinks a 4th is more realilistic (WHAT?).

Tyrod has been the QB of a passing offense for 3 years now that has gone from the 29th in 2015, to the 30th in 2016 to the 31st in 2017.   Oh sure he has a decent QB rating, high completion percentage and low int rate and many of you that support Tyrod had your arguments on those things but the GM's in the NFL look for so much more than that.  They would rather a QB throw 30TD's and 12 INTS and pass for 3800 yards then throw 14TD's 4 INTs and only 2800 yards.  They want a QB that can move the ball and keep the offense on the field, not lead the league in 3 and outs.

But the real reason I laugh is that for some reason people think that the Bills haven't tried to trade him.  Heck I think this front office has proven that they will trade anyone if they think it improves the team.  So I am very sure that they are attempting to trade Tyrod.  They know that they will have to cut him.  He is not worth the roster bonus or salary.  They would probably take a ham sandwich for him at this point.  BUT GUESS WHAT, nobody wants him.

I don't blame them, I don't want him either.

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Amen brother, I agree with all of this accept that Bradford will be cheap, hasn't been cheap anywhere he's played plus there is a dozen or so teams vying for a QB of his caliber, we would be lucky to get him.

Bradford?

2 hours ago, ILoveEndingTheSeasonInNov said:

Signing Bradford would be a "buy the rookie a little time" move,  for those struggling to understand this.  

Buy the rookie a little time.....little time being only a few games into the new season.....bradford will not make it a quarter way through the season....guy can hardly run with those knees especially when our line collapes as usual....

So, Taylor stinks and we need an upgrade yet he's worth a trade? 

I'm not following this logic at all, if Taylor isn't good then what makes anyone think you can trade him?

If he's good enough to trade then he's good enough to keep. 

The Bills will just cut him and then they will end up with a rookie who is 50/50 at best at being a good QB or they will find a guy like Bradford who will get hurt by the carpet at practice (I don't think they got rid of that thing yet) and then they will have  to scramble to find a replacement. 

I'll just sit back and watch.

1 hour ago, Yav said:

So, Taylor stinks and we need an upgrade yet he's worth a trade? 

I'm not following this logic at all, if Taylor isn't good then what makes anyone think you can trade him?

If he's good enough to trade then he's good enough to keep. 

The Bills will just cut him and then they will end up with a rookie who is 50/50 at best at being a good QB or they will find a guy like Bradford who will get hurt by the carpet at practice (I don't think they got rid of that thing yet) and then they will have  to scramble to find a replacement. 

I'll just sit back and watch.

I think a team that needs a vet backup may trade for him. But it would need to be a team that he’s willing to restructure for, or one that literally has to spend money to get to the cap floor like Cleveland or SF. The Bills can’t keep him as a vet backup because he makes too much and said he won’t restructure, and they need to just rip the band aid off and move on anyway. Two different situations is why a trade could be made with a limited number of teams and he wouldn’t be good enough to stay here (as a starter).

for a team like Cleveland that has won one game in two years, has no vet QB on the roster with any experience, and needs to crawl before they can walk, which would consider a 5 win season as huge progress , may see value in him even as a bridge starter. For a team like the Bills that is a playoff team and wants to actually progress in the playoffs as a next step, he does not have value as a bridge starter. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bradford is far more talented as a pocket passer than Taylor, but his problem has always been the inability to stay on the field due to knee injuries.  Your assessment is way off. 

Bradford has only started 80 of a potential 128 games since he came into the league, that's 62.5% or 10 games played/6 missed on average. So yeah you need a second QB for 6 games minimum. Peterman time!

That's 3 missed seasons out of 8.

Edited by horned dogs

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Bradford has only started 80 of a potential 128 games since he came into the league, that's 62.5% or 10 games played/6 missed on average. So yeah you need a second QB for 6 games minimum. Peterman time!

That's 3 missed seasons out of 8.

:sick:

On 1/31/2018 at 8:57 AM, BillsFan3434 said:

I would love Bradford.  He does have some issues staying on the field, but that's why we draft for our future QB hopefully in the near future, even if it does end up being Peterman.  

I think Bradford is a great pure pocket passer.  He makes a lot, if not all of the throws that Tyrod either doesn't make or refuses to try.  He has a great touch pass and great anticipation.  He throws receivers open.  The only thing is we obviously don't have the receiving corps that the Vikings have, obviously.  It almost angers me matching these Vikings highlights.  Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Patterson when he was there.  They all find the soft spots in coverage, make contested catches, catch with their hands, and come back to the football on comeback routes.  Something our receivers basically never do, which was the reason for Peterman's interception in the playoff game.  I think Bradford would be a wise investment on a 3-5 year contract.

finally this gets mentioned.  i look at peterman with a very similar skill set as bradford.

i'd rather roll with nate and a rook vs. paying 20mil. to any oftinjured or backup qb. ...and if we can't pry foles away from philly or land mc carron, i'd be more inclined to go with nate.

Edited by billsredneck1