TRADE TYROD/ GET BRADFORD/ DRAFT FUTURE

DKBills25

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not sure Bradford would want to go to a team on a cheap deal as short-term fix and mentor a first round QB.

He thinks he's a franchise QB and he wants to win a SB.........I am sure he thinks he has a lot of years left in him.............

True

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

and when healthy he's proven he is as AT LEAST as good as Kirk Cousins.

How do you figure that?

On 2/9/2018 at 1:05 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I think a team that needs a vet backup may trade for him. But it would need to be a team that he’s willing to restructure for, or one that literally has to spend money to get to the cap floor like Cleveland or SF. The Bills can’t keep him as a vet backup because he makes too much and said he won’t restructure, and they need to just rip the band aid off and move on anyway. Two different situations is why a trade could be made with a limited number of teams and he wouldn’t be good enough to stay here (as a starter).

for a team like Cleveland that has won one game in two years, has no vet QB on the roster with any experience, and needs to crawl before they can walk, which would consider a 5 win season as huge progress , may see value in him even as a bridge starter. For a team like the Bills that is a playoff team and wants to actually progress in the playoffs as a next step, he does not have value as a bridge starter. 

Yea, I understand the situation, just some people seem to think they are going to trade him for a 3rd round pick and those same people will say he sucks...well if he sucks the Bills are not going to be trading him for a 3rd round pick. 

You can't say he sucks and then claim he's got trade value. 

He will be released.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How do you figure that?

When he has managed to be on the field the past two seasons Sam Bradford has been the most accurate passer in the NFL.......and his TD/INT % has also been MUCH better than Cousins.

Avail-ability is the most important ability but from his perspective I think it would be easy to see how he wouldn't consider himself anyone's "bridge QB".    

On 2/9/2018 at 3:57 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

8 reasons Sam Bradford will be the Bills' starting QB in 2018

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer

There is no doubt that the Buffalo Bills are doing their homework on quarterbacks that will be available in the draft, via trade and in free agency. Buffalo's roster is good enough to win now as evidenced by their 9-7 season in 2017. To stay competitive this season, Buffalo may look for a veteran to start while grooming a rookie. Could that veteran be Sam Bradford? Here's a look at 8 reasons why Bradford will be the Bills' starter in 2018.

Most realistic option for Buffalo?
Worked briefly with Brian Daboll protege Josh McDaniels
Some experience in O Daboll will run
Ideal short-term bridge QB
Doesn't prevent Bills from selecting QB in draft
Accurate
Upgrade to Tyrod Taylor
Protects the ball

In fairness, they have done the very same piece on just about every QB in the draft or FA, including Alex Smith (which didn't happen) and Cousins.  So dont read too much into it, they are making the case for every possible QB so then one is bound to be right and can say "See, we knew it" lol.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

In fairness, they have done the very same piece on just about every QB in the draft or FA, including Alex Smith (which didn't happen) and Cousins.  So dont read too much into it, they are making the case for every possible QB so then one is bound to be right and can say "See, we knew it" lol.

I have posted them in various threads as appropriate. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I have posted them in various threads as appropriate. 

Yup, and thats actually mostly why I know about them personally...from reading them when you post them :)

My comment was just in case others didn't know that so they would know that this "report" is not some hot tip or lead on Bradford coming to the Bills, its just another breakdown of another option of just about every QB they are saying "could" come to the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yup, and thats actually mostly why I know about them personally...from reading them when you post them :)

My comment was just in case others didn't know that so they would know that this "report" is not some hot tip or lead on Bradford coming to the Bills, its just another breakdown of another option of just about every QB they are saying "could" come to the Bills.  

It's a good series to point out plausible reasons for how and why the upcoming UFA QBs might fit with the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My faith in McBeane, tarnished by the "bench Tyrod for NotreadyNate" episode, will plummet if Bradford is on our team.

Tarnished by benching a qb who threw for 60 yards in a blowout ? 

Come on man that seems like a ridiculous reason to “tarnish” Mcbeane.  

Bradford and a rookie seems like a win win, if he get hurt like always the rookie gets some run 

What I think the Redskins are doing is that they realize they are many pieces away from the being competitive they unloaded wrs before this season and are trying to get more money to spend on free agents. So bringing in Alex Smith as a bridge and then they draft a guy. They will have more money to play with then if they signed Cousins long term. My question is how do they view Cousins statistically he puts up decent numbers and hasn't had a decent ground game for a few years. The defense is old and needs an overhaul. This gives them more money to plug gaps on both sides of the ball with only a little bit of a drop-off at QB. It is a huge gamble if they can't find another franchise QB because I think Cousins is a franchise QB that can be built around.

15 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

What I think the Redskins are doing is that they realize they are many pieces away from the being competitive they unloaded wrs before this season and are trying to get more money to spend on free agents. So bringing in Alex Smith as a bridge and then they draft a guy. They will have more money to play with then if they signed Cousins long term. My question is how do they view Cousins statistically he puts up decent numbers and hasn't had a decent ground game for a few years. The defense is old and needs an overhaul. This gives them more money to plug gaps on both sides of the ball with only a little bit of a drop-off at QB. It is a huge gamble if they can't find another franchise QB because I think Cousins is a franchise QB that can be built around.

Highly unlikely.  You don't give a quarterback $71 million in guaranteed money to be a "bridge".  He will be the starter for at least 3 of the 5 years of his contract.  Just look at the structure of it.  There's no team in the NFL that's going to suddenly make a guy getting paid that much money a backup, and they're certainly not going to take a huge cap hit to move him.  His contract gets friendlier in years 4 and 5.  If they're going to draft any QB early, it won't be until 2021 minimum, and that's if Alex Smith regresses from the fantastic year he had last year.

Sam Bradford would probably be our ideal bridge QB.

When healthy, he's a good player and would be a pretty big upgrade over Tyrod Taylor.

This gives our rookie some time to learn on the bench, while our team stays competitive on the field.

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Sam Bradford would probably be our ideal bridge QB.

When healthy, he's a good player and would be a pretty big upgrade over Tyrod Taylor.

This gives our rookie some time to learn on the bench, while our team stays competitive on the field.

...therein lies the caveat....FOR HOW LONG?......you sign Sam (who I like) to a bridge deal to mentor your 1st round rook pick and Peterman, but he goes down in game four.... now what?......one ACL is ok but two is a concern as well as his knee problems with Vikes in 2017....if the worst case scenario happens and Sam is out for an extended period, are you comfortable with rook QB draft pick and/or Peterman leading this club?..............

On 2/9/2018 at 2:10 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bradford is far more talented as a pocket passer than Taylor, but his problem has always been the inability to stay on the field due to knee injuries.  Your assessment is way off. 

He's nothing special on the field. Tyrod complete package = Bradford.

His win loss record is abysmal, his on field production is average at the absolute best, show me why I'm off.

These are the same arguments in having with Bridgewater enthusiasts.

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

He's nothing special on the field. Tyrod complete package = Bradford.

His win loss record is abysmal, his on field production is average at the absolute best, show me why I'm off.

These are the same arguments in having with Bridgewater enthusiasts.

He can play the position very well within a structured offense and make every throw you'd want a QB to make with timing, anticipation, and accuracy. Those are all things Tyrod struggles with.   His win/loss record is a function of the lousy teams he played on with the Rams.  The problem as I stated before is his injury history with the knees which makes him a risky player to count on. 

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He can play the position very well within a structured offense and make every throw you'd want a QB to make with timing, anticipation, and accuracy. Those are all things Tyrod struggles with.   His win/loss record is a function of the lousy teams he played on with the Rams.  The problem as I stated before is his injury history with the knees which makes him a risky player to count on. 

If he can make all these throws, is so accurate with anticipation, why is his yardage and TD output average? 

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

If he can make all these throws, is so accurate with anticipation, why is his yardage and TD output average? 

Bradford is a good QB with injury concerns, not great.  What great talent and system has he played with while on the field that makes you think he should have eye popping numbers?  

SAM BRADFORD

There may not be a more talented quarterback on the verge of free agency than Sam Bradford, but there also isn’t one with a lengthier injury history. Over the course of his career, Bradford has had a concussion, an AC joint separation, a high ankle sprain, a knee scope and two ACL tears. That’s enough to terrify any GM, if team doctors even give their clearance.

Bradford had one of the highest-graded games of any quarterback this past season against the Saints in Week 1 before mysteriously being sidelined with an injury that saw him feebly play only one half of football against the Bears the rest of the year. He was coming off back-to-back seasons in 2015 and 2016 where he graded out as a top-12 quarterback. Quarterback-needy teams would obviously kill for that sort of performance, but it’s impossible to know how long that will last.

• 2 weeks later...

Report: Sam Bradford's ligaments are intact, and he 'absolutely' plans to return

Sam Bradford may or may not be in the Minnesota Vikings' plans for 2018, but he has plans on playing a ninth season in the NFL.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the 30-year-old quarterback "absolutely intends to play in 2018" despite missing all but two of the Vikings' games in 2017 with a knee injury that once appeared potentially "career-threatening."

"He did have that knee surgery back in November," Pelissero reported. "Dr. James Andrews went in there to clean up a bone spur, clean out some cartilage, just try to get the joint to calm down. Now Andrews has told Bradford the joint itself is sound, that the ligaments are intact, that there's not reason for there to be concern moving forward."

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Report: Sam Bradford's ligaments are intact, and he 'absolutely' plans to return

Sam Bradford may or may not be in the Minnesota Vikings' plans for 2018, but he has plans on playing a ninth season in the NFL.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the 30-year-old quarterback "absolutely intends to play in 2018" despite missing all but two of the Vikings' games in 2017 with a knee injury that once appeared potentially "career-threatening."

"He did have that knee surgery back in November," Pelissero reported. "Dr. James Andrews went in there to clean up a bone spur, clean out some cartilage, just try to get the joint to calm down. Now Andrews has told Bradford the joint itself is sound, that the ligaments are intact, that there's not reason for there to be concern moving forward."

So says the doctor that makes a $100,000 per surgery....wouldn't want you to *have* to come back, riiiight? ^_^

As for any GM, I'm guessing any new contract is rife with incentives and health stipulations....I'm not sure I can board the Bradford train, even for a year.