Trade Tyrod

They are probably shopping him for a 3rd.  May settle for a conditional 4th if the process drags on.

It's early, but it should get done.  By doing so, not only do the Bills get an additional pick, but they eliminate one of the QB needy teams like a Denver from drafting a QB.

Heightens their chances of one being avail at 21.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Maybe a 4th, at most a 3rd

Better Than Nothing I Guess, Would Love A Second Though.

Just now, dezertbill said:

They are probably shopping him for a 3rd.  May settle for a conditional 4th if the process drags on.

It's early, but it should get done.  By doing so, not only do the Bills get an additional pick, but they eliminate one of the QB needy teams like a Denver from drafting a QB.

Why did the Redskins give up?

After hearing that Cleveland wanted to sign Smith (I think on his remaining 1 year contract) they may be serious about a 1 year Bridge while their high

draft pick rookie sits for a year.  TT actually may be a fit for them.  They had a huge amount of turnovers last year and TT would get a handle on that.

Also they have so many picks this year that they can't possibly have that many rookies sign on their team.

They could easily give up a mid round pick.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Better Than Nothing I Guess, Would Love A Second Though.

He may not have been their cup of tea.

I think a team like Denver is a better fit.  They need a QB who won't screw it up and allow the defense to win it.  Tyrod can be that guy.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

Yeah, a three-time Pro Bowler, but that just doesn't mean much when it refers to a three-time replacement, never voted in.

And comparable to Smith in style, but Smith is better, and this year was a great deal better.

I'd love to see a trade, but again, there will only be a three-day window after the trade season opens and before his $6 mill roster bonus must be paid. That three-day window is going to be extremely problematic. It could be possible, but the window will likely limit the compensation if it actually happens.

If they had time to hold onto him they could probably get maybe a 4th. As it is, knowing he's almost certain to be a free agent three days after he becomes available for trade, they're more likely to get a 6th, something around there.

Edited by Thurman#1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

Okay. In order to trade Taylor you have to pick up his option. You good with that?

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

After hearing that Cleveland wanted to sign Smith (I think on his remaining 1 year contract) they may be serious about a 1 year Bridge while their high

draft pick rookie sits for a year.  TT actually may be a fit for them.  They had a huge amount of turnovers last year and TT would get a handle on that.

Also they have so many picks this year that they can't possibly have that many rookies sign on their team.

Now we're talking, Cleveland has so many picks they would easily part with some (just like Tim Murray did :angry:)

Just now, Virgil said:

Couldn’t we agree to a trade before that?  The Chiefs just did 

Well Smith is signed for 2018. Taylor is a free after unless you pick up his option. Whose going to trade you for someone they could just wait and sign?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, a three-time Pro Bowler, but that just doesn't mean much when it refers to a three-time replacement, never voted in.

And comparable to Smith in style, but Smith is better. 

I'd love to see a trade, but again, there will only be a three-day window after the trade season opens and before his $6 mill roster bonus must be paid. That three-day window is going to be extremely problematic. It could be possible, but the window will likely limit the compensation if it actually happens.

If they had time to hold onto him they could probably get maybe a 4th. As it is, knowing he's almost certain to be a free agent three days after he becomes available for trade, they're more likely to get a 6th, something around there.

Why do we have a 3 day window?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. In order to trade Taylor you have to pick up his option. You good with that?

Sure, as long as we have a trade partner it won't matter anyway.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Ha, wouldn't it be nice to be on the plus side of a EXGMTM type trade!

Definitely, he did such a great job acquiring assets but then pissed them away like a night in Vegas.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

3x probowler?  when?  I do know he got 2 invites, but not this year?

He's not comparable to Smith this year either. 

Smith played like his jock was on fire and passing would put it out.  By the time they told him they meant "pissing", he'd racked up >4000 yds and 26 TDs.

Tyrod's 2800 yds and 14 TDs really don't compare.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just the way the contract is written.  The league year opens for trade business on 14 March, the $6M roster bonus is due on 16 March.

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Couldn’t we agree to a trade before that?  The Chiefs just did 

Sure.  We just need a buyer.

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well Smith is signed for 2018. Taylor is a free after unless you pick up his option. Whose going to trade you for someone they could just wait and sign?

I think you're misremembering last year.  Taylor is signed for 2018.  He has a roster bonus due 2nd day of the league year, but it's not an option, he's signed.

But, a trade partner may think "yeah, they're gonna cut him rather than pay, we'll wait"

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just the way the contract is written.  The league year opens for trade business on 14 March, the $6M roster bonus is due on 16 March.

Sure.  We just need a buyer.

I think you're misremembering last year.  Taylor is signed for 2018.  He has a roster bonus due 2nd day of the league year, but it's not an option, he's signed.

But, a trade partner may think "yeah, they're gonna cut him rather than pay, we'll wait"

That’s what some thought the chiefs would do. 

I think there will be a market for Tyrod.  It may only be a 3rd or a 4th, but he’s better than what else is out there and he’s cheap. I think the odd man out in Minnesota will get more than 18 mil. 

Problem is, if I’m the Bills, do I really want to risk not getting my QB in the draft, losing TT, and having no one besides Peterman and some 10 mil guy?

1 hour ago, dezertbill said:

And who do you see as an upgrade over Tyrod?

What if our new OC feels he could make Tyrod a quality starter? He has potential, has shown flashes , but has no consistentcy. Tyrod could potentially stay. I just don't see many upgrades. Even if we draft a 1st Rd QB, keep Tyrod.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Trades can't be made till the NFL year opens on 3/14. And on 3/16, Tyrod's due a $6 million roster bonus if he's still on the roster. If they trade him, it'll almost certainly have to be within that very small window.

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Smith played like his jock was on fire and passing would put it out.  By the time they told him they meant "pissing", he'd racked up >4000 yds and 26 TDs.

Ah, I hate it when I make a mistake like that. You're right, it's two-time, not three-time.

Good post.

Edited by Thurman#1

Nobody is trading for a QB that's a poor passer who's due $16M in cash in '18.   If we had him locked in for like $12M or less I could see maybe getting a 6th round pick in '19, something like that, but at $16M there will be no takers.  Don't forget Tyrod shopped himself last yr. and no one bit at the price the Bills offered, as evidenced by him coming back on a reworked deal, and he was available without having to give up any draft pick compensation.  So why would there be a team now that would trade a pick and pay the $16M after what was a much worse statistical season?

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

I think Jacksonville would be interested. He put up all of 100 yards on them. Who wouldn't want him?

I heard on NFL Network that Jacksonville is set on Bottles

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I heard right here on this Board that he was 3x  probowler so it must be true :flirt:

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude you're ruining his trade value :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

That’s what some thought the chiefs would do. 

I think there will be a market for Tyrod.  It may only be a 3rd or a 4th, but he’s better than what else is out there and he’s cheap. I think the odd man out in Minnesota will get more than 18 mil. 

Problem is, if I’m the Bills, do I really want to risk not getting my QB in the draft, losing TT, and having no one besides Peterman and some 10 mil guy?

Sure we win two games and draft Jake Fromm from Georgia :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Trades can't be made till the NFL year opens on 3/14. 

Um Chiefs??

I think it's more likely Taylor gets cut,why would someone trade for him if they know Buffalo is desperate to trade him before the deadline? Even if some team does I doubt it's for more than a late round pick imo, there is no comparison when talking about Tyrod and Smith, there is completely 0, Smith isn't even an elite QB and he is light years better than Taylor.

13 minutes ago, billspro said:

I will be surprised if he has any trade value.

Taylor will probably end up being a backup for Watson or Wilson next year.

Arizona could want him.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think it's more likely Taylor gets cut,why would someone trade for him if they know Buffalo is desperate to trade him before the deadline? Even if some team does I doubt it's for more than a late round pick imo, there is no comparison when talking about Tyrod and Smith, there is completely 0, Smith isn't even an elite QB and he is light years better than Taylor.

Let it be known that we are keeping him but will trade for the right price.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes Cleveland please in a massive move up the draft for Darnold... :thumbsup: 

or Mayfield.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

And comparable to Smith in style, but Smith is better, and this year was a great deal better.

The Chiefs just traded Alex Smith... why do we have to wait until March to trade him or negotiate to trade him if we want?

Why can't we trade him tomorrow?

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You do?

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The other team would be responsible for picking up his option at that point, right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why do you? Trade the contract to Arizona as is and let them think about the option.

For all the people saying "but three day window"..... do you not think that applies to the Smith trade too? Teams work these things out in advance of the league year all the time. 

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not necessarily, right? Doesn't the roster bonus (or whatever bonus is owed) vest on the third or the fourth day of the league year?  In that event, the trade could be accomplished after the opening of the league year but before the Bills would become liable for the roster bonus?

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

3 time probowler?   I thought he made it to 2 (as an alternates alternate)  

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I believe it was a 3rd 

6 hours ago, Estro said:

Nobody is trading for a QB that's a poor passer who's due $16M in cash in '18.   If we had him locked in for like $12M or less I could see maybe getting a 6th round pick in '19, something like that, but at $16M there will be no takers.  Don't forget Tyrod shopped himself last yr. and no one bit at the price the Bills offered, as evidenced by him coming back on a reworked deal, and he was available without having to give up any draft pick compensation.  So why would there be a team now that would trade a pick and pay the $16M after what was a much worse statistical season?

Denver might.  Jax might, Az might.  Are the JETS dumb enough?