Trade Tyrod

I cannot imagine a situation where there would be a decent trade market for Taylor.  For the entirety of his 40+ games started, he's had the same problems from the beginning until the end.  He doesn't throw receivers open.  He rarely sees the middle of the field.  He's basically a backup.  Who's going to want to either eat $16m of cap space for him in 2018 or negotiate a new deal that would presumably involve more guaranteed money than that?  I personally think that the most likely scenario is that the Bills have to release him before he's due a roster bonus.  I actually wonder at this point if anyone would pick him up with the intent of making him the starter.  

• Like (+1) 1

People around the league know that Taylor sucks. He is what he is, which is a small athlete playing quarterback. Nobody will trade for him. 

The perception is that he is an efficient winner. The reality is that he doesn't turn the ball over because he won't throw the damn ball and his lack of awareness in the pocket is why he has reached his peak. 

Teams want to win from the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1

So for clarity, TT could be verbally traded now with minimal penalty to us, with it finalizing on 3/14. That team could also negotiate a new deal between now and the 16th, or just pick up his option. 

Is that correct?

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So for clarity, TT could be verbally traded now with minimal penalty to us, with it finalizing on 3/14. That team could also negotiate a new deal between now and the 16th, or just pick up his option. 

Is that correct?

Depends if their GM is fired before then, when the owner realizes they traded for Tyrod

13 hours ago, dezertbill said:

They are probably shopping him for a 3rd.  May settle for a conditional 4th if the process drags on.

It's early, but it should get done.  By doing so, not only do the Bills get an additional pick, but they eliminate one of the QB needy teams like a Denver from drafting a QB.

Heightens their chances of one being avail at 21.

I'd just include him as part of the trade for #5. 

I've never been an anti-Tyrod guy. I know he's not our future. He's just not the guy we need, it's been proven time and time again. Unfortunately, we have until March to decide his future with us. I think the only way the Bills are able to trade him is if a Cousins manages to strike a deal with a team before that March date. A team losing out on the Cousins sweepstakes can step up and make an offer. Without that happening, it'll a very low round pick or release. 

• Like (+1) 1

According to my well placed source and the info I've already shared, Bills have already begun the process of trying to trade him and hoping to get as high as 4th rounder for him. If not he'll be cut.

But based on the chatter I'm hearing, I even the most die hard TT fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they realize there isn't going to be much demand or market for him for reasons most of us already know. But hopefully a desperate team steps up and makes a move for him. What might complicate things though is TT refusing to take lesser money to facilitate a trade in the first place.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

He might be a viable bridge for Cleveland or one of the other 10 Team that don’t have their long term guy. I agree if they are going to let him walk, if they can get anything for him they should take it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Respectfully, I can't envision a "decent" trade market for Taylor.  I'm not a TT hater at all, but the reason that the Bills want to move on from the 28 year old QB that they already have is that they know he is, at best, a low-end starter.  I'm going to be surprised if they can get even a 5th round pick for him.

I could

His starting QB salary is not that atrocious

A team that thought they could use him correctly might take a shot

I see Denver as a def option....they were inquiring into him before and their QB situation is still in flux

12 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

According to my well placed source and the info I've already shared, Bills have already begun the process of trying to trade him and hoping to get as high as 4th rounder for him. If not he'll be cut.

But based on the chatter I'm hearing, I even the most die hard TT fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when they realize there isn't going to be much demand or market for him for reasons most of us already know. But hopefully a desperate team steps up and makes a move for him. What might complicate things though is TT refusing to take lesser money to facilitate a trade in the first place.

That last sentence is an interesting game of chicken... should be fun to watch.  Probably not so much fun for TT himself 

Tyrod is awful. Tyrod is not “good” though he’s often described as such. 

Tyrod had a worse year than he had last year and nobody wanted Tyrod last year so he came back here for less money. 

Nobody is tradingg for Tyrod. Plus, nobody is giving him $18 million for this year. I’d offer Tyrod $3-4 million if I had the cap and needed a backup. 

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

People around the league know that Taylor sucks. He is what he is, which is a small athlete playing quarterback. Nobody will trade for him. 

The perception is that he is an efficient winner. The reality is that he doesn't turn the ball over because he won't throw the damn ball and his lack of awareness in the pocket is why he has reached his peak. 

Teams want to win from the pocket. 

While I totally agree with everything you have to say about Tyrod, I'm not so sure teams hate him as much as we do.

Especially Denver, who saw first hand this season, Tyrod not turn the ball over and make plays with his legs enough to get the victory over the Broncos and Siemian, who tried to stay in the pocket and chuck the ball and turn it over twice and hand over a win.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Look man, you have got to quit referring to your rectum as your "well placed source".  God put it there for a reason you know.  Since it is primarily used to expel excrement from the body, you communicating with yours is both disturbing and sad.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, simool said:

Look man, you have got to quit referring to your rectum as your "well placed source".  God put it there for a reason you know.  Since it is primarily used to expel excrement from the body, you communicating with yours is both disturbing and sad.

is the object between his legs (on the back side)   "well placed" ?  

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

While I totally agree with everything you have to say about Tyrod, I'm not so sure teams hate him as much as we do.

Especially Denver, who saw first hand this season, Tyrod not turn the ball over and make plays with his legs enough to get the victory over the Broncos and Siemian, who tried to stay in the pocket and chuck the ball and turn it over twice and hand over a win.

I hear you. I just don't see anyway Elway would be ok with it. Elway is a traditionalist at QB. It would have to be a team willing to change what they do to fit him. Like perhaps Arizona drafts Mayfield and decides to bring in a similar type in Taylor as a bridge. But good point. Someone out there has to like him. 

• Like (+1) 1