Trade Tyrod

15 hours ago, Virgil said:

So for clarity, TT could be verbally traded now with minimal penalty to us, with it finalizing on 3/14. That team could also negotiate a new deal between now and the 16th, or just pick up his option. 

Is that correct?

Nailed it. 

I think he will be traded. The question is the Bills price for him.... which will go down every day closer we get to 14th March. 

37 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Doubt we could he even get a late round pick for him.

Nobody wanted him last year that's why he ended up back with Buffalo. 

Nobody wanted him last year who was going to give him a starting job and a chance to win. That is why he stayed on half his money. This year the situation is slightly different. The Bills only need a team who think Tyrod could be a bridge to their rookie... or a serviceable placeholder. We do not need to care whether he has a chance to win there. Cleveland makes some sense to me. They were in on Smith TT is a poor man's Smith and at the moment they would have no choice but to start their rookie because they don't have a placeholder on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

On January 31, 2018 at 12:14 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

3x probowler?  when?  I do know he got 2 invites, but not this year?

He's not comparable to Smith this year either. 

Smith played like his jock was on fire and passing would put it out.  By the time they told him they meant "pissing", he'd racked up >4000 yds and 26 TDs.

Tyrod's 2800 yds and 14 TDs really don't compare.

Jock on fire and passing would put it out was tremendous.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 1/30/2018 at 11:22 PM, Virgil said:

That’s what some thought the chiefs would do. 

That was ....interesting.  [Actually it's not what I thought the Chiefs would do, but how trade partners would react]  Remains to be seen whether Washington is a special case, desperate to sign a plausible starter at their price, and avoid a perceived "downgrade" from Cousins, or whether this is the new Normal.

I caught a clip of Colin Cowherd opining about how Smith >> Cousins, has more experience, doesn't throw the INT that Cousins throws, and the key loser is Dallas because Prescott has beaten Cousins 4x now he won't have Cousins to walk all over, he'll be facing Smith.  Who is this guy and why do people listen to him?  Logic, team faces team and and the win has to do with team.  In Cowherd's defense, I will say that Cousins appears to throw a pick every game vs. Dallas, but one was deep in Cowboys territory, one was on a 2 pt conversion - the D should be able to cope.  They gave up 109,163,169, and 182 yds rushing to Elliot and Morris.  The loss would appear to have more to do with Washington D.

On 1/30/2018 at 11:22 PM, Virgil said:

I think there will be a market for Tyrod.  It may only be a 3rd or a 4th, but he’s better than what else is out there and he’s cheap. I think the odd man out in Minnesota will get more than 18 mil. 

Problem is, if I’m the Bills, do I really want to risk not getting my QB in the draft, losing TT, and having no one besides Peterman and some 10 mil guy?

I wouldn't risk it, but it hasn't stopped the Bills before (Fitz).  I would imagine it will have to do with who they can sign in FA and how much confidence they have in him.

If you could get a sixth round pick for Taylor I would enthusiastically make the deal. He is definitely not in the Bills plans. Taylor has been a stellar member of the team. You won't find a finer fellow. He should be allowed to find the best situation for himself. The team should then accommodate him. It is the right thing to do for him and the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

After the SB, trade TT for Foles, keep Peterman and draft another QB.  

i was just going to start with this. i would trade tt and a 2nd for foles.  i would take vita vea at 21. then i would take rudolph at 22.  no matter which way they go about drafting a qb, just get foles. he is not going to stay in philly. they owe it to him to let him go make some money and start somewhere. they also can't afford to bump his salary and pay wentz at the same time.

my next thought would be tt and a 3rd to cincy for mc carron unless he becomes a fa.

another idea may be tt to denver for a 4th and chad kelly. we get a pick and a young gun in the stable. obviously, we still draft one and look for a vet. (unless of course they get cousins)

these are just the first 3 ideas that i could think of where we could actually get something in a trade of tt.

however, i could see them making a move for mayfield (which would blow my mind) and then hire a ken dorsey for qb coach and rolling with nate until mayfield's ready. i'm willing to bet they do something where we will say...wow didn't see that coming.

no matter what i'm stoked for the next couple of months.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Virgil said:

So for clarity, TT could be verbally traded now with minimal penalty to us, with it finalizing on 3/14. That team could also negotiate a new deal between now and the 16th, or just pick up his option. 

Is that correct?

Yes

22 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Tyrod is awful. Tyrod is not “good” though he’s often described as such. 

Tyrod had a worse year than he had last year and nobody wanted Tyrod last year so he came back here for less money. 

Nobody is tradingg for Tyrod. Plus, nobody is giving him $18 million for this year. I’d offer Tyrod $3-4 million if I had the cap and needed a backup. 

We will eat the dead money.  A team trading for TT would not pay 18 million.

Not saying a trade will happen, but there is a chance.  QB's are crazy in their worth.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes

We will eat the dead money.  A team trading for TT would not pay 18 million.

Not saying a trade will happen, but there is a chance.  QB's are crazy in their worth.

I wouldn’t trade a player or even a 7th for Tyrod. 

Tyrod will NOT be a teams planned opening day starter next year. 

On 1/30/2018 at 11:00 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

I think Arizona is a good spot. They have a lot of holes. Could allow them to draft other positions early and draft a developmental QB behind Taylor later on in the draft. A 3rd for Tyrod & a conditional 6th Round Pick in 2019???

• Like (+1) 1

Trading Tyrod for a draft pick gains little.  well other than an extra draft pick.   

The difference between cutting him outright (saves the Bills $9 Mill) and trading him for a low level player or pick saves an extra $1 mill (that you have to use to pay the guy you traded for).  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Trading Tyrod for a draft pick gains little.  well other than an extra draft pick.   

The difference between cutting him outright (saves the Bills $9 Mill) and trading him for a low level player or pick saves an extra $1 mill (that you have to use to pay the guy you traded for).  

...and why would a GM trade for him?.....why not just wait and let the impending $6 mil roster bonus force the issue which is due 3/16 or two days after FA starts............

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and why would a GM trade for him?.....why not just wait and let the impending $6 mil roster bonus force the issue which is due 3/16 or two days after FA starts............

well,   that's a different point altogether 

my last post was to show that there will not be any meaningful cap savings.   

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i was just going to start with this. i would trade tt and a 2nd for foles.  i would take vita vea at 21. then i would take rudolph at 22.  no matter which way they go about drafting a qb, just get foles. he is not going to stay in philly. they owe it to him to let him go make some money and start somewhere. they also can't afford to bump his salary and pay wentz at the same time.

my next thought would be tt and a 3rd to cincy for mc carron unless he becomes a fa.

another idea may be tt to denver for a 4th and chad kelly. we get a pick and a young gun in the stable. obviously, we still draft one and look for a vet. (unless of course they get cousins)

these are just the first 3 ideas that i could think of where we could actually get something in a trade of tt.

however, i could see them making a move for mayfield (which would blow my mind) and then hire a ken dorsey for qb coach and rolling with nate until mayfield's ready. i'm willing to bet they do something where we will say...wow didn't see that coming.

no matter what i'm stoked for the next couple of months.

TT and a 2nd round pick would be too much, I was thinking more of a 5th round pick. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:39 AM, JerseyBills said:

And who do you see as an upgrade over Tyrod?

What if our new OC feels he could make Tyrod a quality starter? He has potential, has shown flashes , but has no consistentcy. Tyrod could potentially stay. I just don't see many upgrades. Even if we draft a 1st Rd QB, keep Tyrod.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

well,   that's a different point altogether 

my last post was to show that there will not be any meaningful cap savings.   

....no I certainly understand your point......was trying to additionally say another GM could "wait it out" to see OBD's move versus surrendering a pick in a trade....sorry for confusion....

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/30/2018 at 11:00 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

There isn’t one team in the NFL right now that has Tyrod’s name on their board as a possible starter. Tyrod is awful and there are plenty of options and if Taylor is released he’s at best the 5th ranked free agent at his position behind:

1. Cousins

2. Bridgewater

3. Bradford

4. Keenum

if you’re a team that needs a QB those four guys are more attractive than Taylor, and that’s saying a lot considering the health of Bridgewater and Bradford. 

So say you’re a QB needy team and you don’t want any of those four, you’re still going to entertain the draft before Tyrod Taylor. 

Tyrod is awful. He’s not “ok.” He’s not “good.” He’s awful.

He is however a decent option for a backup. If I were the Seahawks or Cowboys I wouldn’t mind Tyrod at about $3 million a year to be the backup. But that’s it. That man is a bad QB and he’s a backup at best, and I am so confident in this that I’ll say there isn’t one team in the league hoping to bring Tyrod in to start for them. 

So why would anybody trade for him?

On 1/31/2018 at 1:08 AM, Estro said:

Nobody is trading for a QB that's a poor passer who's due $16M in cash in '18.   If we had him locked in for like $12M or less I could see maybe getting a 6th round pick in '19, something like that, but at $16M there will be no takers.  Don't forget Tyrod shopped himself last yr. and no one bit at the price the Bills offered, as evidenced by him coming back on a reworked deal, and he was available without having to give up any draft pick compensation.  So why would there be a team now that would trade a pick and pay the $16M after what was a much worse statistical season?

This. No one wanted him last year, why would they want him now???

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....no I certainly understand your point......was trying to additionally say another GM could "wait it out" to see OBD's move versus surrendering a pick in a trade....sorry for confusion....

Yeah I got that.  There really isn’t a market as I see it.   Opinion of course.