Trade Tyrod

They are probably shopping him for a 3rd.  May settle for a conditional 4th if the process drags on.

It's early, but it should get done.  By doing so, not only do the Bills get an additional pick, but they eliminate one of the QB needy teams like a Denver from drafting a QB.

Heightens their chances of one being avail at 21.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Maybe a 4th, at most a 3rd

Better Than Nothing I Guess, Would Love A Second Though.

Just now, dezertbill said:

They are probably shopping him for a 3rd.  May settle for a conditional 4th if the process drags on.

It's early, but it should get done.  By doing so, not only do the Bills get an additional pick, but they eliminate one of the QB needy teams like a Denver from drafting a QB.

Heightens their chances of one being avail at 21.

Why did the Redskins give up?

After hearing that Cleveland wanted to sign Smith (I think on his remaining 1 year contract) they may be serious about a 1 year Bridge while their high

draft pick rookie sits for a year.  TT actually may be a fit for them.  They had a huge amount of turnovers last year and TT would get a handle on that.

Also they have so many picks this year that they can't possibly have that many rookies sign on their team.

They could easily give up a mid round pick.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Better Than Nothing I Guess, Would Love A Second Though.

Why did the Redskins give up?

He may not have been their cup of tea.

I think a team like Denver is a better fit.  They need a QB who won't screw it up and allow the defense to win it.  Tyrod can be that guy.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

Yeah, a three-time Pro Bowler, but that just doesn't mean much when it refers to a three-time replacement, never voted in.

And comparable to Smith in style, but Smith is better, and this year was a great deal better.

I'd love to see a trade, but again, there will only be a three-day window after the trade season opens and before his $6 mill roster bonus must be paid. That three-day window is going to be extremely problematic. It could be possible, but the window will likely limit the compensation if it actually happens.

If they had time to hold onto him they could probably get maybe a 4th. As it is, knowing he's almost certain to be a free agent three days after he becomes available for trade, they're more likely to get a 6th, something around there.

Edited by Thurman#1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

Okay. In order to trade Taylor you have to pick up his option. You good with that?

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

After hearing that Cleveland wanted to sign Smith (I think on his remaining 1 year contract) they may be serious about a 1 year Bridge while their high

draft pick rookie sits for a year.  TT actually may be a fit for them.  They had a huge amount of turnovers last year and TT would get a handle on that.

Also they have so many picks this year that they can't possibly have that many rookies sign on their team.

They could easily give up a mid round pick.

Now we're talking, Cleveland has so many picks they would easily part with some (just like Tim Murray did :angry:)

Just now, Virgil said:

Couldn’t we agree to a trade before that?  The Chiefs just did 

Well Smith is signed for 2018. Taylor is a free after unless you pick up his option. Whose going to trade you for someone they could just wait and sign?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, a three-time Pro Bowler, but that just doesn't mean much when it refers to a three-time replacement, never voted in.

And comparable to Smith in style, but Smith is better. 

I'd love to see a trade, but again, there will only be a three-day window after the trade season opens and before his $6 mill roster bonus must be paid. That three-day window is going to be extremely problematic. It could be possible, but the window will likely limit the compensation if it actually happens.

If they had time to hold onto him they could probably get maybe a 4th. As it is, knowing he's almost certain to be a free agent three days after he becomes available for trade, they're more likely to get a 6th, something around there.

Why do we have a 3 day window?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. In order to trade Taylor you have to pick up his option. You good with that?

Sure, as long as we have a trade partner it won't matter anyway.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Ha, wouldn't it be nice to be on the plus side of a EXGMTM type trade!

Definitely, he did such a great job acquiring assets but then pissed them away like a night in Vegas.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

3x probowler?  when?  I do know he got 2 invites, but not this year?

He's not comparable to Smith this year either. 

Smith played like his jock was on fire and passing would put it out.  By the time they told him they meant "pissing", he'd racked up >4000 yds and 26 TDs.

Tyrod's 2800 yds and 14 TDs really don't compare.

• Haha (+1) 1