St Doug >>>>>>>> McD

I know some Bills fans will refuse to concede this, but McD proved today he was in over his head against a superior HC and staff in Jacksonville.

This game might have been there for the taking in the 1st half too but the same questionable play calling and clock management reared it's ugly head once again.

Good coaches have brass balls and aren't afraid to go for it on 4th down, whether it was St. Doug and the 4th and goal that scored the Jags game winning TD or his mentor Sean Payton going for it on 4th and 2 from the 50 yard line at the end of the game today to try and ice it.

Just sucks that after 17 years of not making the playoffs it's St Doug who has the last laugh and stuck it to this team with a brilliant gameplan utilizing Bortles mobility (who had a career game rushing by the way). Bills fans deserve better than 3 points in a playoff game period.

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

I know some Bills fans will refuse to concede this, but McD proved today he was in over his head against a superior HC and staff in Jacksonville.

This game might have been there for the taking in the 1st half too but the same questionable play calling and clock management reared it's ugly head once again.

Good coaches have brass balls and aren't afraid to go for it on 4th down, whether it was St. Doug and the 4th and goal that scored the Jags game winning TD or his mentor Sean Payton going for it on 4th and 2 from the 50 yard line at the end of the game today to try and ice it.

Just sucks that after 17 years of not making the playoffs it's St Doug who has the last laugh and stuck it to this team with a brilliant gameplan utilizing Bortles mobility (who had a career game rushing by the way). Bills fans deserve better than 3 points in a playoff game period.

Have to say it again. You're an idiot.

• Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

A HC in his 1st season with the team making the playoffs is a positive. McD and Frazier are going to have a very good defense in place next year. All we as Bills fan can do is pray that he watches the Jags game 50 times and throws Taylor into a wood chipper.

16 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I just don't believe you are a fan of the Bills.

Maybe Marrone is a better coach, too early to tell I would say, but that's certainly not the reason they won.

You want to use a bunch of carrots, how about Jags roster >>>>>>> Bills roster. Pretty simple.

Just now, Rise Up Lights said:

Marrone gets a lot of heat from Buffalo and maybe it's deserved, but the guys teams win where he goes. 

I laughed at the St. Doug stuff before but it's true, he's now turned around 3 pathetic sports franchises very quickly. And you can argue McD is merely riding both Marrone and Rex's coattails with foundation laid for him.

Jags were particularly inept and woeful the last few season before Marrone took them from worst to first this year winning the AFC South and now on there way to the 2nd round at worse.

I won't be rooting for him and the Jags, but don't be surprised if they make a deep run because if anybody is equipped to beat juggernauts like the Pats and Steelers it's this Jags team.

24 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

that was a 'brilliant' game plan? Scrambling QB's off broken plays isn't a gameplan.  And Payton's decision was maybe brass balls, but totally wrong and could have cost them a playoff game.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I don't dislike you as much as many posters on this board, but I'm going to say this take of yours is way off.

They have a better team, were playing at home, and had a QB that played better.

And more importantly they have the better coach.

McD and Beane are extremely lucky they backed into the playoffs and don't have the drought hanging over their shoulders because I still think the 2018 campaign could be similar to Miami's season this year.

29 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Please , this is just the beginning, st Doug would have won 4 games with this team.

Once we restock the shelves and get our QB we will be perennial contenders.

28 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Have to say it again. You're an idiot.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

And more importantly they have the better coach.

McD and Beane are extremely lucky they backed into the playoffs and don't have the drought hanging over their shoulders because I still think the 2018 campaign could be similar to Miami's season this year.

How does a team back into the playoffs?  

Ignore for the moment that you are a complete tool... or troll... trooll, maybe..., are you really trying to make your point by defending Sean Payton's attempt to give a playoff game away?  4th and 2 from the 50 with a 5 point LEAD and you try to draw them offsides, burn a timeout, and come back with a low percentage pass that you're LUCKY got picked off?  If Mike Adams had even a shred of situational awareness instead of rocks in his head... or if the league would have reviewed the play... the Panthers get the ball back on the 50 with plenty of time to score.

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I laughed at the St. Doug stuff before but it's true, he's now turned around 3 pathetic sports franchises very quickly. And you can argue McD is merely riding both Marrone and Rex's coattails with foundation laid for him.

Jags were particularly inept and woeful the last few season before Marrone took them from worst to first this year winning the AFC South and now on there way to the 2nd round at worse.

I won't be rooting for him and the Jags, but don't be surprised if they make a deep run because if anybody is equipped to beat juggernauts like the Pats and Steelers it's this Jags team.

If the Jag team that played against the Bills today shows up against the Steelers, the Steelers will stomp them.  Romo seeing wide open receivers during the game was normal.  A real QB like Roethlisberger will eat them up.  I just hope playing against our pitiful offense didn't get them too confident.  The previous game where the Jags beat the Steelers was a fluke.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

If the Jag team that played against the Bills today shows up against the Steelers, the Steelers will stomp them.  Romo seeing wide open receivers during the game was normal.  A real QB like Roethlisberger will eat them up.  I just hope playing against our pitiful offense didn't get them too confident.  The previous game where the Jags beat the Steelers was a fluke.

It's not a fluke when you go into a place like Pittsburgh and hand their ass to them and Big Ben has one of the worst days of his careers.

I'm not saying St. Doug and the Jags do it again but the odds are in their favor given the talent they have on defense. Also for all the talk about how bad Bortles is he dominated the Bills defense today and made them look silly with his legs.

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

How does a team back into the playoffs?  

Andy Dalton throwing a hail mary on 4th and 12 in Baltimore.

Glad the drought is over but the Bills proved today they were the worst of all the teams in the playoffs sadly, at least they covered the 9 point spread though which most didn't think would happen.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not a fluke when you go into a place like Pittsburgh and hand their ass to them and Big Ben has one of the worst days of his careers.

I'm not saying St. Doug and the Jags do it again but the odds are in their favor given the talent they have on defense. Also for all the talk about how bad Bortles is he dominated the Bills defense today and made them look silly with his legs.

Exactly.  Big Ben had one of his worst games.  Won't happen again.  Also, "dominate" is a pretty strong word.  Can't agree saying Bortles dominated anything.

Edited by PIZ