St Doug >>>>>>>> McD

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Teef this team was out coached yesterday period and the final score quite frankly was misleading.

With that said miraculously this team still had a chance to tie the game in the final minutes.

Deep down though many fans like myself are pissed that we let Marrone get away. Sure McD might end up being a good coach somebody but backing into the playoffs on a Andy Dalton hail mary isn't close to clinching in week 14 like St. Doug and his Jags did.

Marrone's team had far more talent on it and should have been better than 10-6 in a crap division.

McD got far more out of the talent on the Bills than Marrone got out of the Jags as no reasonable person would compare the two rosters and say the Jags were only one win better than the Bills from a talent standpoint.

In short, McD did more with less.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Marrone's team had far more talent on it and should have been better than 10-6 in a crap division.

McD got far more out of the talent on the Bills than Marrone got out of the Jags as no reasonable person would compare the two rosters and say the Jags were only one win better than the Bills from a talent standpoint.

well said and absolute.

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And one of the easiest schedules in the league.

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

On social media today lavish praise is being heaped on St Doug and Tom Coughlin for the work they did this year in Jacksonville.

It was also pointed out that St. Doug already has his own coaching tree branching out with Mike Pettine who had success in Cleveland of all places before being prematurely fired after his 2nd season.

Look for Nate Hackett to be a hot commodity too for the work they've done with Blake Bortles.

7 hours ago, simool said:

You are an ass hat.

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Jesus will you stop spewing crap out of your mouth?

....John, good Lord, do you realize what you are asking for?.......Marrone probably would have been a decent HC here, highly insistent on culture change, but Brandon & Whaley turned on him so he took off.....forget about even broaching the subject of Hackett as his OC......waste of time...their defense is formidable and I think Gus Bradley had a hand in its development.....Fewell in charge of the secondary is not a bad choice.....but the Jags have better personnel so far which is why their D is highly ranked.....Campbell was a big UFA addition.....their offense?...meh.......some weeks yes and other weeks WTF.......our offense?...bigger meh.....I thought the keys to yesterday were containing Fournette...CHECK....forcing Bortles to the air...CHECK......and the game was winnable......yet the Dennison/TT duo can't pull it off and Bortles shows off his Russell Wilson "wheels" and Frazier had no spy answer.........McD did a good job overall as a ROOKIE HC IMO.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

23 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I know some Bills fans will refuse to concede this, but McD proved today he was in over his head against a superior HC and staff in Jacksonville.

This game might have been there for the taking in the 1st half too but the same questionable play calling and clock management reared it's ugly head once again.

Good coaches have brass balls and aren't afraid to go for it on 4th down, whether it was St. Doug and the 4th and goal that scored the Jags game winning TD or his mentor Sean Payton going for it on 4th and 2 from the 50 yard line at the end of the game today to try and ice it.

Just sucks that after 17 years of not making the playoffs it's St Doug who has the last laugh and stuck it to this team with a brilliant gameplan utilizing Bortles mobility (who had a career game rushing by the way). Bills fans deserve better than 3 points in a playoff game period.

Doug had two years of experience as an NFL head coach.  He was elevated from the Jaguars' coaching staff and was therefore familiar with the players.  I don't think there was a drastic change in their offensive scheme and Jacksonville probably had more overall talent.  I think McDermott did just fine with what he had.  They will be better on offense next season.

15 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yep, pretty black and white

On 1/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I laughed at the St. Doug stuff before but it's true, he's now turned around 3 pathetic sports franchises very quickly. And you can argue McD is merely riding both Marrone and Rex's coattails with foundation laid for him.

Jags were particularly inept and woeful the last few season before Marrone took them from worst to first this year winning the AFC South and now on there way to the 2nd round at worse.

I won't be rooting for him and the Jags, but don't be surprised if they make a deep run because if anybody is equipped to beat juggernauts like the Pats and Steelers it's this Jags team.

Id sure like to hear that argument... 

what players are even left from the Marrone era?  There's hardly any players left from the Rex era, let alone Marrone's time here. 

This team and the success it had with this rag tag group was all McDermott. 

One thing I'll give Marrone some credit for - he knows how to hire defensive coordinators. Once again the offense, his supposed specialty, SUCKS arse in Jax. 

The defense carried that team all season. He's pretty much hands off with the defense, same as he was here. His offense and O line was terrible while here was here (again, his 2 supposed specialties) and the defense carried the team. Once again his offense is terrible in Jax and the defense is carrying the team. 

I give Coughlin just as much credit as Marrone. That Jax team looked just like the hard nosed ground and pound teams that Coughlin had in NY. 

I really dont don't get how you can say Marrone out coached McDermott anyway. Did you not see the difference in talent level between the 2 teams? That Jax team is filled to the brim with very high 1st draft picks. They've been collecting talent in the top rounds of the draft for the past, what, 5+ years? Their talent level compared to Buffalo was night and day. They should have easily handled us, yet we were in it right to the end and only allowed 1 TD. With a bit better QB play we win that game easily. 

Considering the disparity in talent level, Id say McDermott did a brilliant job coaching that game and this entire season. We had no business winning many of the games we won. It's not just in game coaching that counts, it's how well a coach prepares his team during the week. McDermott may have made a few rookie game management errors but he had his team very well prepared almost every week.