Let's Go TITANS!

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

Two of these mysterious 'forward progress' calls saved the Titans.

I haven't seen the first half one which sounds like it was controversial, but the 2 point conversion was clearly an in the grasp thing;  whistle blew well before the ball came out.

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

They chose not to use Hunt anymore in the middle of the season. They just lost a playoff game because they refuse to run. I think it's bad coaching. I have a question if the Bills beat the Pats does that make TT better than Brady? What a ridiculous comment that was.

Stupid analogy, because Smith isn't Brady. 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Do you remember when that was?  Obviously years ago, but i don't recall when.

2004.  Mularkey got him in  a Defensive consultant and offered him the DC job.  But he also received the DC job in Pittsburgh and with his roots in Pittsburgh, he chose that job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I really thought KC would win here, but I should have considered Andy Reid's post season choke history.

2 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Do over?

Just now, Doc said:

I agree with Charles Woodson. That no-fumble call on Mariota at the end of the half was ridiculous.  

It was strange. Let's not forget Kelce s obvious fumble that was picked up by TEN and would have led to points. It kinda balanced out. Epic choke job by Chiefs.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Mariota gets credit for a TD throw and catch on the same play, has to be the first time in nFl history...

He is also the first player to catch a touchdown from himself since Minnesota Vikings QB Brad Johnson in Week 7 of the 1997 season.

He also appeared over the line when he threw it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21986756/qb-marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans-throws-first-career-postseason-td-deflection

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree with Charles Woodson. That no-fumble call on Mariota at the end of the half was ridiculous.  

Yeah that was surprising to say the least. 

Although, it is the NFL... which has now become even more unpredictable thanks to Al Riveron. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

So is their pick set or does it depend on the other games? 

"The eventual draft order will adjust as the playoffs play out. The losers of the four wildcard games will be sorted according to the regular NFL Draft sorting (strength of schedule, strength of victory, et cetera), followed by the losers of the conference semifinal and final games and the eventual outcome of the Super Bowl.

The 9-7 Bills have one of the weakest resumes in the playoffs, and a loss on Sunday could give them the 21st overall pick, while a win would mean they’d pick no higher than 25th overall.

Buffalo’s other first round pick is part of the playoff race, with the Kansas City Chiefs finishing as the fourth overall seed in the AFC with a 10-6 record. The Chiefs currently hold the 24th overall pick, but if Wild Card weekend is upset-heavy, there’s still a chance that their pick could rise as high as 21st overall. For the best combination of draft slot and season success, root for the Bills and Tennessee Titans this weekend."

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/1/2/16842366/after-sunday-buffalo-bills-will-pick-no-higher-than-21st-in-the-nfl-draft-kansas-city-chiefs-25th

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

He is also the first player to catch a touchdown from himself since Minnesota Vikings QB Brad Johnson in Week 7 of the 1997 season.

He also appeared over the line when he threw it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21986756/qb-marcus-mariota-tennessee-titans-throws-first-career-postseason-td-deflection

His whole body has to be over the line . He wasn't and it wasn't close 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Well that loss will give us KC 1st rd pick prob somewhere between 20-24.

I believe the WC losers will all be 21-24, ordered based on seeding.   So we should root for Atlanta, Carolina and.....Buffalo.   ;)

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love mariota. I think he’s the real deal. I think he needs a different offense though. Something up tempo and creative. 

Bama on Bama crime with Henry running over Ragland. 

Banged up and down year but he should be fine when all is said and done. 

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

You said a guy with a .524 winning pct is better than a guy with a .576 winning pct that's what's stupid 

I'm comparing two mid-tier QBs who went head to head.  You threw in Brady as if that matters in the comparison.

Let’s face it, this has to be the worst group of wildcard weekend AFC playoff teams in the history of the NFL. Chiefs dodged a bullet not having to play the ravens or chargers, but they still lost. Hope the Bills can also pull off the upset tomorrow, too.

Edited by Lionel Hutz

well that's what happens when you play not to lose...you LOSE!  we have seen it a million times ourselves.  run, run, pass, punt and then prevent defense is a good way to let the other team back in the game!  what a epic failure that was.  and the Bills have interest in Alex Smith?  yikes

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I'm sorry, I just do not want Alex Smith as our QB, and I CERTAINLY don't want to give up one of our 1st rounders for him.  I feel like he'd only be a slight upgrade over Tyrod.  Might as well just keep Tyrod for one more year and hope we get our guy in 2019.  Also still holding out hope Peterman can be our guy.  He rebounded nicely from his 5 INT debacle at SD and was looking good in the blizzard until he got hurt.  No way am I throwing in the towel on him, and still believe he could be our franchise QB one day. 

i agree and would not be surprised if they cut or give tt the bonus then trade him. i can actually see the presser where they draft a rudolph and say they feel comfortable going with nate and a rookie while they would still look for a vet presence.

the most important thing is getting the most out of our draft.

with even slightly better qb play this year we would have easily been 10-6 and walked into the playoffs. if they feel they can get that from nate after, bolstering the team,specifically the line, i'm fine with that. i don't care for brining in alex smith although not against it. giving someone like cousins 30mil. does make me queezy.

3 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Every stat possible is on Smith's side yet TT is better cause his team beat the Chiefs.

Smith plays in a QB friendly system with a better play caller with better offensive personnel.  None of that matters though. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Smith plays in a QB friendly system with a better play caller with better offensive personnel.  None of that matter though. 

This and that game is why i dont want us to settle on alex smith, for that we might as well sign a 1st round qb and keel tyrod until rookie takes his job. 

The money difference between a smith and tyrod is much bigger than the talent difference