Let's Go TITANS!

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Smith plays in a QB friendly system with a better play caller with better offensive personnel.  None of that matters though. 

They don't use their running game correctly but that's great coaching. Who do you think lead in rushing when they played us? But your right great coaching 

Edited by Starr Almighty

7 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Every stat possible is on Smith's side yet TT is better cause his team beat the Chiefs.

LOL.  Despite today's outcome, Smith is the better quarterback.  I would argue he's only a slight upgrade though.

56 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Wow.  I guess never give up on a playoff game.  I thought this was over.  So, we're guaranteed at least one pick between 21 and 24 so good job Titans.

55 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Technically, they're guaranteed their better pick will be within 21-23. ;)

Edited by Taro T

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

LOL.  Despite today's outcome, Smith is the better quarterback.  I would argue he's only a slight upgrade though.

KC is ridiculous, Kelce is out hurt up 14 and they refuse to feed Hunt they deserve to lose. Smith throws the ball better and we aren't afraid to use McCoy

49 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Did they explain why that was not reviewed? It was a fumble with an obvious recovery.  Should have been Chiefs ball

Appartently Triplett  learned a new rule (though not how to interpretit correctly;)).  The play was ruled dead because forward progress was stopped.

Just now, Starr Almighty said:

The explanation is because the refs are awful, Kelce also fumbled when he was knocked out but it went ignored

Yeah this was awful officiating for this playoff game. This pathetic officiating should not be tolerated, especially in the playoffs. Down right awful job by the refs.

Hope the crew for Bills-Jax does a hell of a better job than what these refs did tonight, My god!

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah this was awful officiating for this playoff game. This pathetic officiating should not be tolerated, especially in the playoffs. Down right awful job by the refs.

Hope the crew for Bills-Jax does a hell of a better job than what these refs did tonight, My god!

I feel that officials are clearly determining the outcome of games.  This has been the worst I have seen in my 40 some years of being a fan.  It has gotten to the point that it is becoming increasingly unwatchable. 

I have a bad feeling about the officiating tomorrow in Jacksonville.  Hopefully I am wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Technically, they're guaranteed their better pick will be within 21-23. ;)

Is it?  I've never bothered to see how draft order is determined for teams that made the playoffs.  Never had to before. :D

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So Smith ended the game 24/33 for 264 at 2 TD's.  I feel like at half time they said he already had something like 226 yards.  Did they really only get another 40ish yards of passing in the 2nd half?

It depends what we give up for him and the contract.  If we want him to mentor a rookie QB for a year or two I wouldn't have a problem with that.  He is an upgrade over Taylor.  The Chiefs only called ten pass plays in the 2nd half and there were multiple drops.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JTown said:

I feel that officials are clearly determining the outcome of games.  This has been the worst I have seen in my 40 some years of being a fan.  It has gotten to the point that it is becoming increasingly unwatchable. 

I have a bad feeling about the officiating tomorrow in Jacksonville.  Hopefully I am wrong. 

Cheifs got robbed with the fumble that was

Edit: the one on marriota

Edited by FearLess Price

11 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

It was the Andy Reid playoff blueprint.

I want nothing to do with Alex Smith in the off season.

Bad omen though, I don't think I remember two wildcard weekend upsets in the same conference.

Time for the Bills to end another drought then.

49 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is it?  I've neverifbothered to see how draft order is determined for teams that made the playoffs.  Never had to before. :D

The only way their pick could fall to 24 would necessarily include our boys having a bad day tomorrow.  Chefs pick will be 21-23. ;)

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Is it?  I've never bothered to see how draft order is determined for teams that made the playoffs.  Never had to before. :D

It depends what we give up for him and the contract.  If we want him to mentor a rookie QB for a year or two I wouldn't have a problem with that.  He is an upgrade over Taylor.  The Chiefs only called ten pass plays in the 2nd half and there were multiple drops.

Thank you for answering my question with information I didn't need.  ?

Was really just curious about the stats because it sounded bizarre, not whether he would be worth anything to the bills.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, FearLess Price said:

Cheifs got robbed with the fumble that was

Not really. Even if KC had another 3 points on the board they couldn't stop Henry and the Titans would have kicked the FG at the end instead of kneeling. Don't think it made any impact. 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Thank you for answering my question with information I didn't need.  ?

Was really just curious about the stats because it sounded bizarre, not whether he would be worth anything to the bills.

I can answer a question and give an unrelated opinion B-) at the same time.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

The explanation is because the refs are awful, Kelce also fumbled when he was knocked out but it went ignored

Kelce recovered the ball and was contacted by the defender while down, and then the defender ripped it out. So the ball would’ve still been with the Chiefs. 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Well I guess that's better than the usual posters that give an unrelated opinion and don't answer the question.

I didn't read it thoroughly (obviously) and thought you were taking a slam at Smith.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kelce recovered the ball and was contacted by the defender while down, and then the defender ripped it out. So the ball would’ve still been with the Chiefs. 

No sir he got hit and the ball was loose lying next to him on the ground when he kind of woke up he tries to pull it back in but the Titans snatches it away.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not sure Doc. I think it was coming out before he was down... whether there was enough to overturn though I am not sure (not that stops Riveron). 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure Doc. I think it was coming out before he was down... whether there was enough to overturn though I am not sure (not that stops Riveron). 

I agree but not to even take a look at it was ridiculous

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/refs-struggle-as-travis-kelce-ruled-out-after-being-injured-on-controversial-play/

The picture in the middle of the page shows the ball is loose I believe.

Edited by Starr Almighty

Kelce definitely fumbled, so they blew that.  But he recovered the ball and was contacted by the defender while down on the ground, and at that point the play is over. 

Edited by Doc

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not really. Even if KC had another 3 points on the board they couldn't stop Henry and the Titans would have kicked the FG at the end instead of kneeling. Don't think it made any impact. 

Momentum is huge tho. A fumble at that moment could have had a huge impact depending on what happened on the next drive

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Depends on if you include the injury. I think if Kelce doesn't go out, the Chiefs win and are the better team.

The injury is a much more important moment than the non call on the fumble. 

Just think second half was proper playoff football won in the trenches. The Chiefs are soft in big moments. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The injury is a much more important moment than the non call on the fumble. 

Just think second half was proper playoff football won in the trenches. The Chiefs are soft in big moments. 

They also have a history in the last few years of winning a lot of games at the end. But they surely lost this game as much as Tenn won it.

The Schottenheimer analogy isn't a bad one and the same team a lot of years. The Chiefs have lost six home playoff games in a row.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

True but they had no answer to Henry all day. The better team on the day won. 

Losing Kelce really hurt them too. They really locked Hunt down. I scouted Byard before he was drafted.  I pounded the table here as marty mcfly for us to draft him for our Rex defense cuz we had a gimpy a will and a solid depth player in graham. Now look, kid led the league in picks.

Another reason i dont want to pay another 4 or 5 million to go from tyrod and 1stRound rookie to alex smith and 5th round rookie 

38 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I didn't read it thoroughly (obviously) and thought you were taking a slam at Smith.

Not at all.  Was just really confused when I heard the stat at half time and then saw he's stats at the end of the game.  I didn't watch most of the 2nd half so couldn't figure out whether I just heard the stat wrong or something catastrophic happened to the offense.  The face he only had 10 passes and had multiple drops makes sense since I'm guessing they were just trying to run the ball as much as possible.

1 hour ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

It was the Andy Reid playoff blueprint.

I want nothing to do with Alex Smith in the off season.

Bad omen though, I don't think I remember two wildcard weekend upsets in the same conference.

Past performance has no impact of any kind on future results.

Go Bills.