Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

THE DEBRIEF
See each of the Wild Card Weekend matchups, and read what Gregg Rosenthal has to say about how each of the Round 1 teams stack up against each other when the playoffs begin on Saturday.
Ā 
The top teams in the AFC should be thrilled with how Sunday's action played out. TheĀ RavensĀ andĀ Chargers, two teams with the weaponry to surprise in a one-game season if everything broke right, were both knocked out of the tournament before it started. TheĀ TitansĀ andĀ BillsĀ are in,Ā giving twoĀ starving fanbasesĀ a taste of the playoffs that seems destined to be short-lived. Both nine-win teams have not shown anything in their season-long makeup to believe they could win three straight playoff games on the road to make theĀ Super Bowl.
Ā 
Then again, the playoffs is an entirely different season that was once impossible to predict. There has been a recent run of Super Bowls with high-seeded teams, but it wasn't that long ago when a lower seeded surprise emerged seemingly every season. (The '07Ā Giants, '08Ā Cardinals, '11Ā GiantsĀ and '12Ā RavensĀ come to mind.)

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Any word on Shady?

X-rays are negative. Now just a question of how badly sprained it is.

Just now, papazoid said:

is Jacksonville East of Buffalo ?......follow the money

I saw an ugly woman holding a Dunkirk sign. Could it be?

2 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Ā 

If Shadys out the game is on Tyrods shoulders to put up enough points. I cojld see bortles having a meltdlwn and throwing 3 picks to seal the win for us

If we win it's going to be low scoring.Ā 

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

I say rest Shady for Foxboro. We can beat them without him.

Ā 

I liked what I saw from the guy off the street today..Iā€™ve done forgotten his name lmao.

Ā 

Probably not the best idea, since Shady accounts for like 1/3 of our offense. Ā If he is good to go, have to start him.

Not sure if itā€™s been posted but if we beat Jax, we will play at Pats, Saturday night the 13th at 8:15Ā pm. Night game in FoxboroĀ 

Sunday, Jan. 7

No. 6Ā Buffalo BillsĀ at No. 3Ā Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:05 p.m. ET (CBS)

No. 5Ā Carolina PanthersĀ at No. 4Ā New Orleans Saints, 4:40 p.m. ET (FOX)

Divisional Round

Ā 

Saturday, Jan. 13

New Orleans/Carolina/Atlanta atĀ Philadelphia Eagles, 4:35 p.m. ET (NBC)

Kansas City/Tennessee/Buffalo at New England, 8:15 p.m. (CBS)

I am 49 years old and I have 2 sons that were born before the homerun pukeback, they have never witnessed a good football season in theyre life other than a bad ending, We hugged and cried tonight... I didn't think it was going to be meaningful to just make the playoffs but I have to tell you..BOY WAS I FREAKING WRONG...DAMN....

Ā 

Edited by Stenbar
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Not sure if itā€™s been posted but if we beat Jax, we will play at Pats, Saturday night the 13th at 8:15Ā pm. Night game in FoxboroĀ 

Sunday, Jan. 7

No. 6Ā Buffalo BillsĀ at No. 3Ā Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:05 p.m. ET (CBS)

No. 5Ā Carolina PanthersĀ at No. 4Ā New Orleans Saints, 4:40 p.m. ET (FOX)

Divisional Round

Ā 

Saturday, Jan. 13

New Orleans/Carolina/Atlanta atĀ Philadelphia Eagles, 4:35 p.m. ET (NBC)

Kansas City/Tennessee/Buffalo at New England, 8:15 p.m. (CBS)

Ā 

OGAAT please.Ā 

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

@Alphadawg7will attest, i was bringing bad juju to the shoutboxĀ  it was less right when the ravens kicked off that alpha told me to leave the shoutbox.Ā  i did.Ā  and turned off the tv.Ā  and next thing i know my phone begins to blow up.Ā  Ā i turn back on the game to see the ravens not do anything

I remember that as I was following your play by play. Than you started talking about date and time of the bills playoff game and it started to go downhill. What a comeback by the benglians.Ā 

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Got my tickets

Ā 

As do I! I told my wife that taking my 13 year old son was a, ā€œonce in a lifetime opportunity!ā€ So far, for his life, it is!!

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

My heart says Bills

Ā 

My brain says Jags to win and Bills to cover

Ā 

I'm not Mr. Positive but the Jags are the home team I'd most want to face in the playoffs.

Ā 

Bills aren't a very good team but they have a legit shot vs. the Jags.

1 hour ago, Woodman19 said:

I'll be the pessimist and say we are going to get owned in the trenches on both sides of the ball and that will be the game.Ā  But hell, we are in the playoffs so who cares!

Their OL has been atrocious.

Our pass rush has stepped up.Ā 

I think we win the turnover battle and the game.

It's destiny we beat NE in FoxboroĀ 

Once you're in the dance, the possibilities are endless

Edited by JerseyBills