Wild Card Weekend: Bills vs. Jaguars Sunday at 1 PM ET - Inactives Announced with Shady In & MIlano Out

JAGS DRIVE TIME: DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY
John Oehser, Ashlyn Sullivan and Brian Sexton look forward to Sunday's Wild Card game against the Bills, linger ever so slightly in Nashville and deal with surprisingly negative emails in Ozone Snapshot.

Sexton-Oehser: Back and forth

20180102-back.jpg

Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton look back at the Jaguars’ loss to the Tennessee Titans and forward to Sunday’s AFC Wild Card Playoff game against the Buffalo Bills

I was reading a Jags message board for a bit.  Seems fairly unanimous that they are thrilled to be playing Buffalo instead of Tenn, Balt or LA.  They think the Bills should be a pretty easy victory especially if McCoy is out....and we know he will definitely NOT be 100%.

So there ya go...can't wait to see if Buffalo can grind out a W down in Florida and ruin the season for those Jags fans.  I have not been all that impressed with Jax these last couple weeks but then again, they have not been super motivated like they will be this Sunday.

I’m an incredibly pecimistic Bills fan, beaten down from so many years of disappointment. Sunday was probably the best sports day of my adult life. I never thought we would get in, I never think anything good will happen to the Bills...all that being said, I’m confused about the line and narrative of this game. I’m a negative or “realistic” Bills fan, I really think we got a great draw. I would much rather go to Jacksonville then KC. I know we already won in KC, but the chiefs are playing much better now. The chiefs actually have real fans. The jags have looked terrible for the last few weeks. Blake Bortles looks like he can’t throw the same pass twice. How overrated is that Defense? The 49ers just scored 44 points on them. They play in a division with 4 free wins and they got swept by the Titans. A team that is also got 4 freebies and looked terrible down the stretch. We can beat this team. I don’t even think the Jaguars are better then the bills. I really believe we are better and we can and probably will, win. If we can stop the run, we are going to have an incredible look. All year we have gone as our Defense goes. Make Bortles try to throw it on our secondary and let’s go see Brady. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

David Carr: Why you can expect the Bills to win Sunday

People of Buffalo are riding high after their Bills clinched their first playoff spot in 17 seasons. The thing is, the celebration has a real chance of lasting another week. Yes, you read that correctly.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

15 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

So, how many Buffalo babies are gonna be born in late August/early September 2018?

How many named Sean? And how many named Andy?

How many Ginger

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's one of the more reasonable breakdowns I've seen.  Many talking heads and reporters have been going straight to overall defense/offense ranking - and not taking into account for example the stretch of games where we had horrible run defense, but seem to have straightened that out at this point

Edited by stevewin

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m an incredibly pecimistic Bills fan, beaten down from so many years of disappointment. Sunday was probably the best sports day of my adult life. I never thought we would get in, I never think anything good will happen to the Bills...all that being said, I’m confused about the line and narrative of this game. I’m a negative or “realistic” Bills fan, I really think we got a great draw. I would much rather go to Jacksonville then KC. I know we already won in KC, but the chiefs are playing much better now. The chiefs actually have real fans. The jags have looked terrible for the last few weeks. Blake Bortles looks like he can’t throw the same pass twice. How overrated is that Defense? The 49ers just scored 44 points on them. They play in a division with 4 free wins and they got swept by the Titans. A team that is also got 4 freebies and looked terrible down the stretch. We can beat this team. I don’t even think the Jaguars are better then the bills. I really believe we are better and we can and probably will, win. If we can stop the run, we are going to have an incredible look. All year we have gone as our Defense goes. Make Bortles try to throw it on our secondary and let’s go see Brady. Go Bills!

Very well said sir, and i concur 150%.   Personally, i think the Bills can beat the Jags with OR without McCoy.  I was highly impressed with what i saw out of Murphy, and i think he can have a big game for us Sunday.  I just REALLY, REALLY hope that Dennison does not try and split carries between Murphy and Tolbert.  I can't begin to express my frustration over the coaching staff thinking Tolbert is a viable RB2 option.  I'm okay with the every now and then carry, but giving it to Tolbert as much as they do infuriates me to my core.

The only person on that Jags team that worries me is Fournette.  That guy scares the crap out of me.  He is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, and i can see him breaking one or two going straight up the middle....if we can contain Fournette, i can see a comfortable Bills victory....