Week 17 NFL Schedule Finalized with Bills Playing at 4:25 PM ET

26CornerBlitz

So why would they do that for broadcasting purposes?  That leaves crappy matchups in the 1:00 games where only fans of those teams will watch while all the good matchups are in the later games. I was looking forward to watching the Bills in the early game and then root for the Raiders vs the Chargers in the later game.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

A lot of scoreboard watching going on next week. So does anyone know the final combination of what has to happen?

If we win...

I think we need TEN and LAC to lose (we get 6th seed on record alone)

Or

BAL loses and either TEN or LAC loses (BAL, BUF and either TEN or LAC tie with same record, Bills hold tiebreaker in 3way)

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure.

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

If we win...

I think we need TEN and LAC to lose (we get 6th seed on record alone)

Or

BAL loses and either TEN or LAC loses (BAL, BUF and either TEN or LAC tie with same record, Bills hold tiebreaker in 3way)

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure.

I think what I read was a win and a Baltimore loss.

And the other route is a win, and Tennessee and LA lose.

I could be wrong too lol

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think what I read was a win and a Baltimore loss.

And the other route is a win, and Tennessee and LA lose.

I could be wrong too lol

So since Pittsburgh won today, Jacksonville has no shot at a bye so they could rest players in their matchup vs Tennessee. Bummer.

Would Cincinnati have motivation to knock their division rival Baltimore out of the playoffs?

On 12/25/2017 at 2:50 AM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

So why would they do that for broadcasting purposes?  That leaves crappy matchups in the 1:00 games where only fans of those teams will watch while all the good matchups are in the later games. I was looking forward to watching the Bills in the early game and then root for the Raiders vs the Chargers in the later game.

They started this a few years ago...they're making teams fighting for playoff spots (or even positioning) to play at the same time to maintain competitive integrity.

For example, if the Titans & Ravens played at 1:00 and both won, then the Bills playing at 4:00 would mean nothing. If the Patriots played at 1:00 and Steelers at 4:00 and the Patriots won, then the Steelers would have nothing to play for - NE would already clinch the 1 seed. It would drastically reduce the ratings for the late games.

Better push back those NYE dinner reservations - no leaving before the end of the game for cocktail hour!

And, from NFL.com:

Buffalo clinches a playoff berth:

1) BUF win + BAL loss

2) BUF win + LAC loss or tie + TEN loss or tie

3) BUF tie + LAC loss + TEN loss

All the games with playoff implications need to be played at the same time. It’s the only way to be fair, as teams could adjust their strategy based on other games outcomes. 

Its beyond me if Harbaugh doesn’t understand this. It seems like he’s just whining for the sake of whining.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Idandria said:

All the games with playoff implications need to be played at the same time. It’s the only way to be fair, as teams could adjust their strategy based on other games outcomes. 

Its beyond me if Harbaugh doesn’t understand this. It seems like he’s just whining for the sake of whining.

Exactly correct.  I thought Jim was the whiner in the family; apparently John has some in him, as well.

• Like (+1) 1