Week 17 NFL Schedule Finalized with Bills Playing at 4:25 PM ET

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

All the games with playoff implications need to be played at the same time. It’s the only way to be fair, as teams could adjust their strategy based on other games outcomes. 

Its beyond me if Harbaugh doesn’t understand this. It seems like he’s just whining for the sake of whining.

I don’t understand how or why the Ravens game has to be played at the same time. If they win they are in. Playing at 1 wouldn’t change a thing about their game. They also eliminate nobody with a win. It’s literally meaningless to move them to 4. No matter what, their outcome only effects them and couldn’t change the effort from anyone.

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

All the games with playoff implications need to be played at the same time. It’s the only way to be fair, as teams could adjust their strategy based on other games outcomes. 

Its beyond me if Harbaugh doesn’t understand this. It seems like he’s just whining for the sake of whining.

Ummmm since when was that a standard anywhere, ever

also, since when did a game ending at 730 get deeply impacted by a party at midnight?

seems drama on each and every side here 

50 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Ummmm since when was that a standard anywhere, ever

also, since when did a game ending at 730 get deeply impacted by a party at midnight?

seems drama on each and every side here 

That about sums it up.

If you can't put butts in the seats in week 17 with playoffs on the line, what the hell are you even doing?

I do get why they want them at the same time though. What if we played at 4 and the Ravens and Titans had already won... Game would be meaningless. They want as many fans to see games that matter in the final week. Better ratings, more drama.

6 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

That about sums it up.

If you can't put butts in the seats in week 17 with playoffs on the line, what the hell are you even doing?

I do get why they want them at the same time though. What if we played at 4 and the Ravens and Titans had already won... Game would be meaningless. They want as many fans to see games that matter in the final week. Better ratings, more drama.

I get wanting ratings, truly I do. But I think it’s a little dramatic to play the “everyone has to play at the same time or else it’s unfair!” card. 

We dont expect any other sport to change the schedule on short notice to manufacture fairness. You play the games you get, and some weeks are harder on you and some are easier on you compared to teams around the league. If you get lucky and know whether or not your in before kickoff- such is life.

As you note it’s definitely dollars that drive it though 

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I get wanting ratings, truly I do. But I think it’s a little dramatic to play the “everyone has to play at the same time or else it’s unfair!” card. 

We dont expect any other sport to change the schedule on short notice to manufacture fairness. You play the games you get, and some weeks are harder on you and some are easier on you compared to teams around the league. If you get lucky and know whether or not your in before kickoff- such is life.

As you note it’s definitely dollars that drive it though 

Yep. Especially so in a year where so many damaging issues have seen ratings plummet like never before. Imagine the true fear of the owners that they may have to accept le$$er tv contracts..

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. Especially so in a year where so many damaging issues have seen ratings plummet like never before. Imagine the true fear of the owners that they may have to accept le$$er tv contracts..

Well the last streaming contract signed latethis year jumped quite a bit. We will see what happens with tv. Sometimes networks get irrational with trying to win sports 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's trying to motivate his guys, playing the "NFL doesn't respect us" card.

Exactly what I thought.  His audience was his players.  I doubt if he cares what anyone else thinks about what he said.  I doubt if he actually cares much about the change in start time. 

He's just doing the us-against-the-world thing.  Let's come together as a team because if we don't care about each other, no one else will.  

51 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Exactly what I thought.  His audience was his players.  I doubt if he cares what anyone else thinks about what he said.  I doubt if he actually cares much about the change in start time. 

He's just doing the us-against-the-world thing.  Let's come together as a team because if we don't care about each other, no one else will.  

How would this motivate his players?  Does a single one of them now think that "the NFL" doesn't care about the Ravens anymore---because they moved an early afternoon game to later in the....afternoon? 

I would think most players would be laughing a bit at HC's outburst.  Like, "what's he talkin about?".