Should Al Riveron be investigated?

ny33

4 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

NFL=Big Fuking Joke.  The people that keep giving them money are even bigger jokes. Keep buying tickets, jerseys, TV packages, and going to games and then come home and complain how its not fair.  do what I did almost 10 years ago, stop buying their **** product, unless you find it at a thrift shop or garage sale, that way the NFL does not get more money. 

I have been saying the same thing for many years now.   It has gotten to the point that I don't even watch the games on tv anymore.   Trust me it is difficult to do as I have been an avid fan since 73.

I am often asked why I don't wear my Bills gear anymore and I always respond that I hope to again one day when they fix the league.  

The scandals (Patriots****), kneeling, atrociously biased and incompetent officiating, and absolute garbage product is not appealing or entertaining. 

A fellow Bills fan asked me on Saturday where I was going to watch the game and I told him that I wasn't as I no longer want the aggravation and frustration of the poor product the nfl has to offer and I also told him that I wouldn't be surprised if the officials play a factor in the outcome of the game. He sent me a text at halftime that said "you called it!".  I happened to be working in the garage and went inside and caught the coverage of the halftime show. 

I certainly wasn't surprised and was not emotionally affected by it at all. 

The old me probably would have destroyed the tv and anything else within reach.  Yesterday,  I had a smug laugh and turned the tv off and returned to garage and enjoyed the progress I made on my custom bagger. 

I am SO much happier without the NFL ruining my weekends.

Sadly, I realize that the product is not likely to change so it may be a long time until I return.  I guess I will just have to find some more bikes to build.   Much more productive way to spend my Sunday afternoons.  

• Like (+1) 1

He should be investigated, charged, tried, and found guilty.

Punishment should be a public nude flogging at 50 yard line during halftime, 3 weeks in a row, with cat of nine tails with barbed wire tips.

That might do wonders for clearing up his "judgment" making these calls.

Mike Pereira rips NFL head of officials for overturning Bills TD against Patriots

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/nfl-buffalo-bills-kelvin-benjamin-review-touchdown-new-england-patriots-mike-pereira-alberto-riveron

Right or wrong, for better or worse, this is how it's supposed to happen now. Although it makes the last sentence into a bad joke.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-officials/replay-process-updated-for-2017-nfl-season/

REPLAY PROCESS UPDATED FOR 2017 NFL SEASON AUGUST 11, 2017

Senior officiating staff in Art McNally GameDay Central (AMGC) will continue to consult with the Referee on all instant replay decisions, but starting in the 2017 season, all final instant replay decisions will be made by designated senior officiating staff in AMGC instead of the Referee. Additionally, Referees will now review instant replay video on Instant Replay Tablets.

See how the NFL’s instant replay review processworks.

All other aspects of the review process will remain the same.

When a replay review is initiated, Senior Vice President of Officiating Alberto Riveron, or a designated senior member of the league’s officiating staff, will examine the play in AMGC in New York.

Two replay field technicians — stationed at each 20-yard line on the sideline — will walk onto the field with hard-wired Instant Replay Tablets.

The nearest technician will give the Referee a headset, so the Referee can communicate with designated senior officiating staff in AMGC. The technician will hold the Instant Replay Tablet, allowing the Referee to review replay videos.

After the review, Alberto Riveron or another designated senior member the officiating staff, will make the final decision on the review and the Referee will announce the decision in the stadium.

Learn more about the history of instant replay.

Each replay field technician will manage two Instant Replay Tablets. Two additional Instant Replay Tablets will be available as backups. The hood replay station will remain on NFL sidelines in 2017 and may be used during severe weather or other extenuating circumstances.

The revised process is part of the NFL’s ongoing efforts to increase efficiency and consistency in the instant replay review process.

Edited by Tuco

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Getting rid of my NFL cable package next year. It's so easy to stream games illegally these days and I will be guilt free. If they ever simplify the rules I'll resubscribe.

Sending an email to the NFL office and direct TV to explain why I dropped them. Will it make a difference? Who knows. Worth an email or 2 to me.

Time to stream!!

15 hours ago, Bills757 said:

IMO, the NFL in general is becoming hard to watch from the officiating to the executives to the players' protests........I'm just tired of pro football in general.  I'd much rather watch a college game any day of the week.  

Players kneeling has no effect on the game. 

15 hours ago, Dorkington said:

I don't understand why Bills fans continue to be surprised by this. Good teams get calls, middling/bad teams don't. Simple as that. If we all of a sudden have a HoF coach and QB, and become a ratings and ticket darling, then we'll get calls too. The NFL isn't unique in this, it happens in other sports too. 

This isn't about the call. It's about the reversal of a call without enough evidence. It happened to Pittsburgh and I think they meet the definition of a "good" team. When the"tuck rule" was enforced against the Raiders they were a "good" team. Again, this is about suits in NY giving the pats too many gift calls.

This era of the Patriots will be remembered as what killed the NFL.  We as Bills fans have been seeing this for two decades but now the nation sees it too.  Sad and disappointing for anyone that has been a fan through all of this.  I'll be directing my "dollars" elsewhere.

ON INSTANT REPLAY

Roger Goodell needs to summon NFL officiating czar Al Riveron into his office this week and tell him to stop playing God. That’s all I can think to rationally say in the wake of the incongruous replay reversal in Foxboro on Sunday, and the micromanaging tenor of the officiating department as a whole.

@theMMQB
.@SI_PeterKing on instant replay- it's doing more harm than good currently. If the league continues to allow head of officiating Al Riveron to make calls like the Kelvin Benjamin reversal, replay should die.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

19 hours ago, Dorkington said:

You can either choose to live in the real world, or not, up to you. 

So whenever people encounter injustice in the real world they should just shrug and say, “that’s the way it is.”?

That sounds like a great philosophy that would definitely serve mankind well through the ages.

Investigated? No

Replaced? Yes

It's apparent that the new SOP is that the guys in NY make the call and disregard the initial call on the field. This approach totally diminishes the once beautiful phrase "indisputable visual evidence"

Make the calls on the field and then big Al will handle the rest. Making an already flawed system even worse blah.

Happy holidays!

It's funny how now higher ups and talking heads etc.. are starting to see it now. I've been seeing this crap for such a long time. You can see a lot of teams get extremely good luck with calls most of the time. Patriots being top of the list. Been going on for years. Money is the reason and well Brady, Beli and the Pats bring in money. A lot of bigger market teams get calls going their way and teams with top elite QB's. 

Guarantee when or if the Bills find a top elite QB they will get more calls going their way. 

44 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Whose idea was it to have one guy be the guy to do this in so many situations? I mean even if he isn't playing favorites, if his name keeps coming up there will surely be skepticism that he lacks bias.

The idea is to have one standard. So you dont have a ref in one stadium call it different in another.

Hockey does the same thing. All replays go through Toronto.

35 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

The idea is to have one standard. So you dont have a ref in one stadium call it different in another.

Hockey does the same thing. All replays go through Toronto.

Which is great in theory, until that individual is in the pocket of one owner and destroys the integrity of the league.

44 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Which is great in theory, until that individual is in the pocket of one owner and destroys the integrity of the league.

Well to be fair. They did get the call right. Even though replay wasnt meant to be used that way. Its the same when they ofer turn a goal in hockey for offsides or when replay show the runners hand slightly off second base after a steal.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

Well to be fair. They did get the call right. Even though replay wasnt meant to be used that way. Its the same when they ofer turn a goal in hockey for offsides or when replay show the runners hand slightly off second base after a steal.

The point is, he overturned a call that had inconclusive evidence to over turn. He over stepped his authority and changed a call on the field that should have remained. He has now done it enough times to question his motives.

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The point is, he overturned a call that had inconclusive evidence to over turn. He over stepped his authority and changed a call on the field that should have remained. He has now done it enough times to question his motives.

I believe  they changed the replay over the offseason. All replays go through the league  office with the replay official in charge making the final decision.  

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

I believe  they changed the replay over the offseason. All replays go through the league  office with the replay official in charge making the final decision.  

Agreed, but they are not supposed to change the call unless there is irrefutable evidence. And that was not the case on this touchdown as well as several other ones that I am aware of this season. He is changing calls without having enough evidence to do it and that is beyond the intent of the role.

I am bothered by it because of the Benjamin TD but it goes beyond that. Riveron is being given too much power and appears to be abusing it.

I think Bills fans should start a petition demanding an investigation into Al Riveron.

His explanation on why the call was reversed is a total horse ****. 

This guy needs to be investigated immediately. 

Edited by Klaista2k

You guys know that the owners split the revenue evenly, right?

So if the "NFL" is doing good, ALL the owners are sharing in that. The NFL is a multi billion dollar business. Do you think they totally leave the outcomes to chance?? Hell no. They want their superstars in the spotlight as often as possible and will massage outcomes wherever necessary to insure maximum viewership and entertainment.

You love Brady or you (more likely) hate him, but either way your tuning in and praying he loses terribly.

Just like any entertainment league (NBA, NHL, NFL etc) the super stars are taken care of and the dynastys get all the breaks.

A Jets fan actually sued the NFL over this. His case was that he bought a ticket to a sporting event and intended to watch a fair contest.

Went all the way through the courts and the NFL argued that in fact it's entertainment, not sports, And his ticket only guaranteed him entrance to the stadium for entertainment purposes, not a fair contest. NFL even argued they could decide the outcomes if they wanted too.

Judge agreed, and dismissed that suit.

I mean come on the saints winning a SUPERBOWL after Katrina, the harbaugh bowl... manning getting another ring on his way out the door. The patriots Dynasty.

It's clear to me that I'm watching the WWE.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/24/2017 at 4:06 PM, ny33 said:

I don't know the protocol for how the Bills would start something along these lines, but the call from New York today was inexcusable. In addition to the numerous members of the national media, including Peter King, deeming the reversal wrong, PFT's Michael Smith said, "Al Riveron has taken it upon himself to change the standard for what constitutes enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. He routinely changes calls when there simply isn't indisputable, clear, and obvious evidence that the call on the field was wrong." 

He should be fired.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:12 PM, ny33 said:

It would almost certainly be against NFL rules for the Bills to pay private investigators to see if he has ties to gambling or anything along those lines. 

I didn't know that was a rule, but it makes sense.  Walt Coleman should have been behind bars years ago.

Hell yes he should be investigated, so should Kraft. This is an article before the Bills game last Sunday. Now add the Benjamin TD that was taken away, and one would have to think that he was involved in the 4th down fiasco.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/18/alberto-riveron-nfl-senior-vice-president-of-officiating-patriots-calls-jesse-james/stories/201712180138

This guy should be terminated.

Was he watching on an old iPhone or something? It was an obvious good call on the field,you could see the line in the turf where Benjamin dragged his foot AFTER possession.

There is either one of two things happening here. He’s doing this to get the catch rule changed at the expense of other teams or he has a complete bias towards New England. Most of his bad calls have been with NE as the positive recipient of the call.

This guy is about as qualified as Dean Blandino was. Being a referee doesn’t make your judgement any better.

This screams favoritism. He needs to be investigated before he ruins a playoff game,unless his calls are a hush hush agreement with the NFL. Then they all need to be terminated.

Rant over.

20 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Al Riveron- This is what happens when you hire a minority to have more diversity rather than hire the most qualified candidate.

U said tht not me....

1 hour ago, dlonce said:

This guy should be terminated.

Was he watching on an old iPhone or something? It was an obvious good call on the field,you could see the line in the turf where Benjamin dragged his foot AFTER possession.

There is either one of two things happening here. He’s doing this to get the catch rule changed at the expense of other teams or he has a complete bias towards New England. Most of his bad calls have been with NE as the positive recipient of the call.

This guy is about as qualified as Dean Blandino was. Being a referee doesn’t make your judgement any better.

This screams favoritism. He needs to be investigated before he ruins a playoff game,unless his calls are a hush hush agreement with the NFL. Then they all need to be terminated.

Rant over.

The only way you end this ridiculous Dynasty is you take it away much like the bad boy Pistons in the late 80s where's the Celtics and just like the early 80s 49ers first the Cowboys in 81

How bad do you want to win how bad do you want to be a champion and how far are you willing to push the envelope on the rules to win a championship

The 80s pistons vs the celtics was literally a dog fight.

The pistons basically took over by pure force

That's what Buffalo will eventually have to do to get this Patriots monkey off their back

Me personally

If we played the cheats in the playoffs

I'm personally going to try and injure Brady

The NFL would hate Buffalo people with talk all kinds of s*** but like I said how bad you want to win a championship

Go to 6:15