Gronk already cost us the playoffs

Beside kicking our azzes again in game 1 this year, him being out due to the late hit caused a loss for them in Miami, had they won there, they may have been in dial it back/rest some starters mode this week.

I was actually glad they beat Pittsburg, had they lost they would have been at home with an ax to grind after a 2 game losing streak.  Now we will see how hard they play when the seeding still is not set,   we only beat them twice at home in the last 15 or so years, when they rested their starters.    

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Who would buy a Milano jersey if he tackles Gronk legally and causes a torn patella?

I am not so much for the "retaliation with intent to maim or injure " philosophy, but I am still keen on a Milano jersey and am more confident with him and his speed and size covering Gronk than I have been with any  LB we've had here in the past 5 years. If he pickedoff Brady on a Gronk target, I may be online shortly thereafter purchasing said jersey.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
Misspelling
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, re enlightener said:

Beside kicking our azzes again in game 1 this year, him being out due to the late hit caused a loss for them in Miami, had they won there, they may have been in dial it back/rest some starters mode this week.

I was actually glad they beat Pittsburg, had they lost they would have been at home with an ax to grind after a 2 game losing streak.  Now we will see how hard they play when the seeding still is not set,   we only beat them twice at home in the last 15 or so years, when they rested their starters.    

Sooooo twobillsy....look at yourself...

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Such a silly take

yes because teams never "get up" or have "let downs" based on previous wins or losses...or rest starters.....So silly indeed.

I guess they dont need handicappers in Vegas anymore who make millions calculating things like this into spreads.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, re enlightener said:

yes because teams never "get up" or have "let downs" based on previous wins or losses...or rest starters.....So silly indeed.

I guess they dont need handicappers in Vegas anymore who make millions calculating things like this into spreads.

Actually, the Pats don't rest their starters often and it isn't week 17.  Even if they won that game, they'd still have to win to secure the top seed for the playoffs.  Either way they'd be playing for that spot.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Actually, the Pats don't rest their starters often and it isn't week 17.  Even if they won that game, they'd still have to win to secure the top seed for the playoffs.  Either way they'd be playing for that spot.

the big thing is ,is if the steelers would have won and we somehow came out of foxboro with a w , we could have gone to miami and maybe got the division?

3 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Could go the other way too.With the Pats locking up the #1 seed and if the Bills knock Brady around a little early on I could see the Pats pulling their starters...........

Pats* have NOT wrapped it up. They still need to win out.. but they're in control.

26 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

the big thing is ,is if the steelers would have won and we somehow came out of foxboro with a w , we could have gone to miami and maybe got the division?

That's a lot of ifs and New England would have had to lose the last game as well as a win from us.  Too many ifs, can't look back and change anything.  

1 hour ago, re enlightener said:

Nobody rests their starters until the last game. That was NEVER a realistic hope.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Asinine.

It's so bad it doesn't even qualify as asinine. We are talking asi-fifteen minimum.

1 hour ago, re enlightener said:

Last year without Gronk they won a Super Bowl. He is not the end all be all for the Pats. If anything Gronk may very well have provided an additional spark for the team to rally behind and come in with a different nasty attitude right off the bat.

As I said in a different thread this is on the coaching staff to use that hit as fuel this week. And I think they will.

The premise for this can not be a realistic hope. Like man we could really win this game if the Pats*** rest starters. The Bills could of done better through the stretch to not be hanging on a thread at this point. I wouldn't want to be the Bills needing a win at Pat's**.  What cost us the playoffs was not getting into better position earlier in the season so they wouldn't have to depend on beating a team the offence scored 3 points on during the last match up. 

What cost us the Playoffs if anything was an offence that often can not put a ton of points on the board or have at least the possibility of that. The last match up 23 points scored by the Patriots wasn't unbeatable.  I think 3 touchdowns on offense could of done it. 

I wouldn't have wanted it this way. I would of rather been in better position at this point but that's the way it turned out so let's hope instead of the hopes the Pats go easy on us, let's hope the Bills don't go easy on them.

P.s. I'd rather they just make plays. Thats how you get revenge against Gronk. Shut down Brady and intercept his passes. 

Edited by Lfod

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If we're going to beat NE in Foxboro I don't want it against a rested candy ass roster. Play them full strength and punch them in the mouth. Tell Milano to prepare for Gonk to push off on every target. Beat them straight up. 

I’m all for beating them straight up !!! at the same time I would still love to see Gronk get knocked the F()[|{ out 

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Who would buy a Milano jersey if he tackles Gronk legally and causes a torn patella?

Are you kidding?  In a heartbeat.

If the injury is career ending, I'd donate $10,000 in Milano's name to a charity of his choosing.

If the injury is permanently disabling, I'd name my first born son "Matthew".

:lol:

5 hours ago, re enlightener said:

they never dial it back or sit players

also these guys need to maintain  their composure last weeks game  featured a lot of stupidity

pats are the featured beloved glam nfl team and are never going to get calls against them while bills will be

penalized for farting in the wind... hate to lose the game due to stupidity

also id like to add tommy throws that pass the other night not chance in &^&*^ing hell that

gets called a non pass not on the nfl's worst day

blatant favoritism for their featured team i say

cant wait til til that butthole is gone he has single-handedly ruined my love of this game.

Edited by Albwan

Gronk is a dirty player but his game is filthy.

He straight up laughed in the Steelers defense face after scoring the game winning TD the other day.

Still can't believe we passed on him for Torrell Troup, one of the bigger busts this team has seen the last 17 years.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

5 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Gronk is a dirty player but his game is filthy.

He straight up laughed in the Steelers defense face after scoring the game winning TD the other day.

Still can't believe we passed on him for Torrell Troup, one of the bigger busts this team has seen the last 17 years.

Please don't remind us. 

Absolutely sickening.