Nate Peterman Update

TigerJ

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Imagine the hysteria if Mcd started him Sunday lol. Or if they name him the starter, let him take the first snap and have it to Shady, then play Tyrod the rest of the game.

Sure, because that would be a really stupid thing to do.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd take Peterman on Sunday makes no difference to me.

Taylor had what 70 yards total passing LAST time against the pats? Hard to be worse then that.

I think our odds are the same either way, they are long but we still got a chance!

Let's do this Buffalo!

Edited by BillsFan692

Just now, Dafan said:

In his defense, it is hard to slide feet first in a foot of snow.

Any kid who played Tee Ball knows how to slide. EJ must not have played tee ball, because he looked like a giraffe who had no clue what a slide was. A foot of snow is just a buffer to the usual slide. Most guys will slide on the right hip (to avoid a baseball to the face) but it’s basic stuff for an “athlete”.  

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

He is now out of concussion protocol.  I imagine there are no plans to start him versus the Patriots, but he'll probably be the back up.

I wouldn't bet on it.  To the casual fan, yeah it makes perfect sense.  But us fans in the know aren't buying it for a second.  We didn't spend all last week cooking up something truly special, probably, just to go to Foxboro and eat Kraft dinner.   We're going to bait Belichek and the Pats with something they can't turn down and won't see coming.  Like Chinese fingers traps in a glory hole. 

I'm talking about the Joe Webb package!!  Forget Peterman.  Its the Joe Webb package, signed, sealed, and ready to deliver. Its like you're dreaming of Fredonia when its clearly Dunkirk time, baby! Now step into my office, cause you're f#$%ing fired!

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I know he wanted the 1st down, and I respect that. However.... LEARN HOW TO SLIDE! 

Perhaps he got that message pounded into his brain too.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

Any kid who played Tee Ball knows how to slide. EJ must not have played tee ball, because he looked like a giraffe who had no clue what a slide was. A foot of snow is just a buffer to the usual slide. Most guys will slide on the right hip (to avoid a baseball to the face) but it’s basic stuff for an “athlete”.  

Yes. He certainly knows HOW to slide. He just needs to learn TO slide.

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

Sure, because that would be a really stupid thing to do.

Almost as stupid as starting him against the Chargers which is almost certainly going to come back to bite this team when they end up tied with LAC at 9-7, eh?

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

He is now out of concussion protocol.  I imagine there are no plans to start him versus the Patriots, but he'll probably be the back up.

Unless DD breaks the story I don't believe it. Your delivery is not pompous enough, not even acting like you are gifting us with this report. :rolleyes:.........:lol:

7 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

I'd take Peterman on Sunday makes no difference to me.

Taylor had what 70 yards total passing LAST time against the pats? Hard to be worse then that.

I think our odds are the same either way, they are long but we still got a chance!

Let's do this Buffalo!

64 passing yards

18 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

.....how? Ugh. He better come out gunning it like he did against the Fins in the first half. We won't win with him scrambling for 3 yard gains on 3rd and 12.

Because the coaching staff let him gut out the knee issue for most of the game even though he was clearly struggling as a passer. The weather was beautiful that day and he was more inaccurate than I've ever seen. Something with his mechanics was clearly off in that game. It was completely different than the NO game where he just refused to push the ball downfield. He was throwing it and just missing high, wide, behind, you name it.

9 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Imagine the hysteria if Mcd started him Sunday lol. Or if they name him the starter, let him take the first snap and have it to Shady, then play Tyrod the rest of the game.

Rob Johnson / Doug Flutie all over again. 

This has and is TT's offense.   Peterman should have never have started vs the Chargers even though I must admit I was intrigued to see how he'd do.    I think that is something that McD wish he could have taken back and from my perspective one of his few meaningful mistakes he's made.    That aside, TT has earned the right to be and remain the leader of this offense and we should either succeed or go down in flames with him this year.    Next year, is another story.

26 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Because the coaching staff let him gut out the knee issue for most of the game even though he was clearly struggling as a passer. The weather was beautiful that day and he was more inaccurate than I've ever seen. Something with his mechanics was clearly off in that game. It was completely different than the NO game where he just refused to push the ball downfield. He was throwing it and just missing high, wide, behind, you name it.

I would buy that excuse if he hadn't thrown for just 56 yards in the previous home game.

If Tyrod has the same stinkaroo against the Pats I wonder if McDermott will start Peterman at the Dolphins. Not likely, but you never know.

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Do you watch any other football besides the Bills?

I watched Rogers, Roethlisberger, and Brady ALL dive head first in just the last three days!

JFC - It is OK to let go of the puppy now PIT BULL.

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

Almost as stupid as starting him against the Chargers which is almost certainly going to come back to bite this team when they end up tied with LAC at 9-7, eh?

they never would have won that game no matter what.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he will be starting after the half, I just hope it's not to late.

i do agree and hope if we get down over 14, i hope mcd has the stones to make the switch. a win here would be the perfect christmas gift for me. with this team going to miami knowing if they win they're in, i would love to see this team that fired up.

8 hours ago, JM57 said:

Wow, this narrative really took on a life of its own. Did we forget that our defense didn't stop the Chargers all game? Were we going to block better with Tyrod?  The SD game was a loss either way. And we'd be bichin' about McDermott's refusal to play Peterman. I know how we roll.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Sliding feet-first is not immune to hits to the head...

Flaccofight.0.gif

The Legend of Kiko.

That poor Ref got nailed too in the aftermath 

45 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Do you watch any other football besides the Bills?

I watched Rogers, Roethlisberger, and Brady ALL dive head first in just the last three days!

Yup.  I saw Ben do it Sunday too.  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow, this narrative really took on a life of its own. Did we forget that our defense didn't stop the Chargers all game? We're we going to block better with Tyrod?  The SD game was a loss either way.

Truer word were never spoken.  

The Chargers were as amped up as Miami was when the defeated the Patriots 2 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I would buy that excuse if he hadn't thrown for just 56 yards in the previous home game.

If Tyrod has the same stinkaroo against the Pats I wonder if McDermott will start Peterman at the Dolphins. Not likely, but you never know.

The funny thing about this? It ignores the fact that Peterman played a large part of that game against New England. 

The result : 6-15, 40% 50 yds 3.3 ypa  At least Taylor had the excuse he was playing on one leg, huh?

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I wouldn't bet on it.  To the casual fan, yeah it makes perfect sense.  But us fans in the know aren't buying it for a second.  We didn't spend all last week cooking up something truly special, probably, just to go to Foxboro and eat Kraft dinner.   We're going to bait Belichek and the Pats with something they can't turn down and won't see coming.  Like Chinese fingers traps in a glory hole. 

I'm talking about the Joe Webb package!!  Forget Peterman.  Its the Joe Webb package, signed, sealed, and ready to deliver. Its like you're dreaming of Fredonia when its clearly Dunkirk time, baby! Now step into my office, cause you're f#$%ing fired!

Oh yowzah!

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Webb will be active.  He's a core special teamer.  Buffalo can design packages that include Webb in some sort of read option or gadget play without benching Peterman.  It's not a question of "either/or."