ESPN-Jim Kelly on 97 Rock....again..

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30309/sean-mcdermott-defends-players-after-jim-kelly-questions-response-to-hit

Why does Jim insert himself into every situation with this team?    It's embarrassing and ridiculous.   He has managed to make the national media 2x this year.   Please go away, Jim.  You retired 20 years ago and are of absolutely no relevance to this franchise going forward.

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I haven't read or listened to exactly what he said, but his general position is correct. McDermott's response is symbolic of the Bills consistently bending over and spreading them for the Patriots. 

He may be right (I tend to agree).  However, this isn't about right/wrong.  This is about Jim and his ridiculous ego and what he thinks he means to the franchise today.  Again, he is trying to create wedge issues with the team.   Go hunting, Jim....actually, go anywhere.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

soft team. "defend your dirt"..."family" this, "family" that...

but when it boils down to it, you allow the player that just injured your star rookie, walk away. please. i've been over McD and his cliches

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I haven't read or listened to exactly what he said, but his general position is correct. McDermott's response is symbolic of the Bills consistently bending over and spreading them for the Patriots. 

thats hilarious dude.

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

but when it boils down to it, you allow the player that just injured your star rookie, walk away. please. i've been over McD and his cliches

The only dirt this Bills team is defending are their collective "dirt chutes". Although they are doing a poor job at that too. 

29 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/30309/sean-mcdermott-defends-players-after-jim-kelly-questions-response-to-hit

Why does Jim insert himself into every situation with this team?    It's embarrassing and ridiculous.   He has managed to make the national media 2x this year.   Please go away, Jim.  You retired 20 years ago and are of absolutely no relevance to this franchise going forward.

Not surprised by his response.  I think if you ask any ex-NFL player they'd tell you the same thing.

Jim is correct.   Gronk should have been pummeled by the 10 remaining players on the field.   You must defend your teammates when they are subjected to such a cheap shot.   He could have done permanent neck or spinal damage.  I thought the culture of the team was changing when they cleared the bench to celebrate a first down.  Now they allow cheap shots.   Soft team going nowhere fast.

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Winning excuses all else I suppose.

I don't think it excuses all else. The Pats are an example of that.

It answers the question of why would people listen to a leader of the only team to go to the Superbowl 4 times in a row. A team that was known for their resilience. 

Guys who are still friends to this day.

So when he mentions something about how a team should act to be a team, it makes perfect sense to consider his opinion.

It does not make any sense to say, what does he know? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know how I feel about my team responding and retaliating in yesterday's game.  I really don't know.  What I do know are my feelings regarding Jim Kelly, and that is that I don't care what he has to say about the current state of the bills.  He needs to stop this or politely decline to answer or give a boring response. 

I don't think he's doing a service to the team by making those comments.  I can only see how the comment could hurt the team (and I don't think it truly 'hurts' the team, but it is divisive), and I can't see how that helps the current team and organization in any way.  He can say the things he does as that is his right, I just disagree with doing so. 

Should I assume that Jim's best interests are the teams best interest? Probably not.  And has he done a tremendous amount of good in the community? Of course.  Just fatigued from this kind of thing which I'm sure is a direct result of the fatigue caused by being a Buffalo Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gomper said:

They'll get another shot at Gronk in a few weeks. We'll see what happens. 

You get revenge by winning the game.  Nothing would satisfy me more than winning that Game and taking the high road and thus make the Pats and Gronkowski bad.

Edited by Woodman19
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

He may be right (I tend to agree).  However, this isn't about right/wrong.  This is about Jim and his ridiculous ego and what he thinks he means to the franchise today.  Again, he is trying to create wedge issues with the team.   Go hunting, Jim....actually, go anywhere.

....naw he's just appeasing his "buying group" in the event Pegula pulls the plug......he sweeps in as the new Owner (prolly has the check written-COUGH) and saves the day.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Who will be the Bills version of Paul Gaustad?

Forget that, we need the boogyman, rayzer, may, and Barnaby.  

This 96 Sabres team was horrible, didn't make the playoffs, but nobody, I mean NOBODY messed with them:

Also, the "hardest working team in hockey" parlayed this team building suckitude into an outstanding team from 98-01.  Now, if the Bills could only get their version of Hasek...  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Corp000085 said:

Forget that, we need the boogyman, rayzer, may, and Barnaby.  

This 96 Sabres team was horrible, didn't make the playoffs, but nobody, I mean NOBODY messed with them:

Also, the "hardest working team in hockey" parlayed this team building suckitude into an outstanding team from 98-01.  Now, if the Bills could only get their version of Hasek...  

Boy was that an entertaining team to watch...

• Like (+1) 1

This whole mess can be made good if someone has the balls to take corrective action on Gronk in the next game.

If that happens, none of this crap matters.

If it does not happen, I hope it blossoms into a big thing, b/c this team cannot let Gronk's actions go unpunished.

And I'm not talking about some freaking suspension issued by the league.

Count me among those sick of Kelly. Love him as a football player and ambassador for Buffalo. But tired of his interjection in everything with everyone going to him for sound bites like he IS the organization and city and the fans. Wish him nothing but health and prosperity but STFU already.

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

It's important to avoid STUPID penalties (like Gronk's).  Having your teammate's back is not a stupid penalty especially given the game situation.  The outcome was not in doubt, so taking a 15 yard penalty to establish the unity of your team would not detract from a chance to win.

I'm not saying anyone had to come in and start a Crabtree type brawl, but a shove and making it clear that he cannot do that to one of ours would deliver a far better message.

53 minutes ago, gomper said:

They'll get another shot at Gronk in a few weeks. We'll see what happens. 

No they will absoloutley not......its the part of this stupid process remember......

1 hour ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Because he cares.  It may be a long time since he played but he's still a Buffalo area resident and a Bills' fan.  

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

He is right. Who will speak for us if he doesn't?

He is right and some of these melenials are all butt hurt that he speaks out. He's more than earned the right to say his peace. Especially when he's 100% right. Yesterday was a joke and an embarrassment with the way our soft players sat on their hands. Maybe someone will have the stones to go after Gronk in 3 weeks. Probably not. They'll just line up after the game for Tom's autograph. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, familykwi said:

It's important to avoid STUPID penalties (like Gronk's).  Having your teammate's back is not a stupid penalty especially given the game situation.  The outcome was not in doubt, so taking a 15 yard penalty to establish the unity of your team would not detract from a chance to win.

I'm not saying anyone had to come in and start a Crabtree type brawl, but a shove and making it clear that he cannot do that to one of ours would deliver a far better message.

exactly. i'm not looking for anyone to square up...but even a little lip service or shoving. all they did was stand there and point like "ooooh, i'm telliiiiin'!"

I don't blame him for criticizing the lack of response. Any team that I ever played on would have had Whites back on that play. The Bills took the high road and how did that work out? Somehow they were the team that was penalized 15 and had to start 1st and 25. What would have been different if someone retaliated? McDermott and the Bills come away looking soft which is not a good look for a football team. At least they were good sports and got the moral victory. When do they award the Moral Victory trophy? I feel McD Bills could win multiple years and become a moral dynasty.

20 minutes ago, 87168 said:

exactly. i'm not looking for anyone to square up...but even a little lip service or shoving. all they did was stand there and point like "ooooh, i'm telliiiiin'!"

Exactly, if the game was close I could understand, but the game was over and they allowed that neanderthal to do that to their young star.