2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Niners and Indy?

Cleveland, NY Giants, Denver will all go QB. San Fran will stay put for Barkley. Those 3 QB's will be Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold(if he declares). That leaves us with no partner and no QB worth trading up for. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Cleveland, NY Giants, Denver will all go QB. San Fran will stay put for Barkley. Those 3 QB's will be Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold(if he declares). That leaves us with no partner and no QB worth trading up for. 

I'm actually not sold on Cleveland drafting a QB #1 overall. They just spent a high pick on Trubisky, and though he hasn't been good this year, we've seen rookies have awful first years & come back strong the second (looking at Goff right now). There's also a ton of QB's becoming available in FA, so you never know who will fill their spots that way. 

And Elway likes the old veterans to go along with a dominant defense. Brees will be available. Who knows?

8 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Won't Cleveland, Denver, and NYG at least all be looking for quarterbacks? We need to beat Indy and hope they lose out, then trade with them.

Add Jets, Arizona, and possibly Colts to that list...

All of them are going to finish ahead of us...we are going to have to really overpay to get up ahead of enough teams to get a top tier QB...

6 hours ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Just spend the money for Cousins and save the picks to build the roster.  

He'd have to want to play for us considering there will be other offers, and he better be the real deal especially for this team, because 5-6 years, 125-150 million, with about 75 million guaranteed is tough to walk away from than 5 years and maybe 25 million that a top three rookie qb might cost us.

49 minutes ago, vincec said:

The Bills could have drafted Watson last season without trading up. They will be in a similar spot this upcoming draft. They can get a QB without moving into the top 3 if necessary.

Please, Vince, you are making me sick.  I wanted him at 10, regardless of him still being around if you moved down.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm actually not sold on Cleveland drafting a QB #1 overall. They just spent a high pick on Trubisky, and though he hasn't been good this year, we've seen rookies have awful first years & come back strong the second (looking at Goff right now). There's also a ton of QB's becoming available in FA, so you never know who will fill their spots that way. 

And Elway likes the old veterans to go along with a dominant defense. Brees will be available. Who knows?

Chicago got Tru my friend. Also, remember Carolina a few years back. They had just spent a 2nd on Clausen the year before, but took Cam #1 overall the following year, if we are talking about Cleveland who spent a 2nd on Kizer. Anything can happen and I still believe we won't have a partner. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Won't Cleveland, Denver, and NYG at least all be looking for quarterbacks? We need to beat Indy and hope they lose out, then trade with them.

Indy and San Fran are both prime trade partners. Would be nice if both lost out.

Bills 1st round picks currently at 16th (1000pts) and 19th (900pts) would convert into 4th pick in draft held by Indy (1800 pts). If Bills wanted Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph they would have to swap. Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen would be gone at that point.  It would be 100 points over the value and you might be able to get a 4th rounder from Indianapolis worth 74 points.

TRADE Bills trade 16th and 19th picks , Indianapolis trades 4th pick and a 4th round pick to Bills,

1.  Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

2. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

2a. Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma, knows how to block for Mayfield. 

3. Lowell Lotulelei DT Utah

4. Austin Bryant DE/DT Clemson

4a. Allen Lazard WR Iowa

5. Beau Benzschawel G Winsconsin

5a. Michael Gallup WR Colorado St

6. Justin Reid S Stanford

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills 1st round picks currently at 16th (1000pts) and 19th (900pts) would convert into 4th pick in draft held by Indy (1800 pts). If Bills wanted Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph they would have to swap. Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen would be gone at that point.  

Or maybe add another draft pick or two to sweeten the pot?

Should be an interesting draft. I’m still rooting for the Bills to make it to the playoffs this year. If the Bills want to get a dal done they will get one done by mortgaging the future.

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills 1st round picks currently at 16th (1000pts) and 19th (900pts) would convert into 4th pick in draft held by Indy (1800 pts). If Bills wanted Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph they would have to swap. Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen would be gone at that point.  

If we can get Mayfield then I am in. Rudolph? God no. It all hinges on what Darnold does. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bills 1st round picks currently at 16th (1000pts) and 19th (900pts) would convert into 4th pick in draft held by Indy (1800 pts). If Bills wanted Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph they would have to swap. Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen would be gone at that point.  It would be 100 points over the value and you might be able to get a 4th rounder from Indianapolis worth 74 points.

TRADE Bills trade 16th and 19th picks , Indianapolis trades 4th pick and a 4th round pick to Bills,

1.  Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

2. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

2a. Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma, knows how to block for Mayfield. 

3. Lowell Lotulelei DT Utah

4. Austin Bryant DE/DT Clemson

4a. Allen Lazard WR Iowa

5. Beau Benzschawel G Winsconsin

5a. Michael Gallup WR Colorado St

6. Justin Reid S Stanford

This is the thread I was waiting to see. I am not confident that we will have a shot at Mayfield or if he actually goes higher because of the crazy year Darnold (said he will not declare if Cleveland is #1) has had. I love draft picks and hate to use up picks to trade up when we have about 8x holes. 2xDT, 1-2 LBs, WR, 1-2x RG/RT, LE, CB. I wish we had another player to trade away to grab another 3rd rounder, but I see nothing of value. Glen needs to go unless he can get healthy and play RT, Wood (I like him) needs to be replaced by Groy to save cap. Yes it will still be another 1-2 years before the Bills have a legit playoff team with great drafting and smart free agency moves. Sometimes you take a step side ways or back to take 2 steps forward. 

Assuming Rosen and Darnold are gone/unreachable and assuming the Bills have very similar grades on Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph it would likely be wise to just wait till at least one of the remaining three is gone and then make you move up to draft the one you like. Personally I'm really liking Mayfield as the third best QB in this draft. You see the fire that Brady has. Mayfield is the only QB in this draft that could bring the same fire.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Trade up for 

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Sit and take 

Rudolph

Jackson

Falk

All a matterof cost. I love Darnold and Baker, but the two firsts are too high a cost for the  number of holes needed to fill with quality players. But man would  I love to see one of  them in a Bills uniform in 2018.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Your post is why they need to lose. 

4-0 isn't happening. Even if they try, they are looking at 2-2 since Miami is definitely not a lock. And the two wins will just put them that much further from picks they need. 

Start the guys of the future. Don't rush anyone back who's injured. Build for 2019. 

Bradford starting QB with the QB of the future riding the pine until Bradford gets hurt (week 5-6). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

15th pick is worth 1050 points and the 20th pick is worth 850 points. The 1900 points would be worth the 4th pick in the draft PLUS a 4th rounder. JUST DO IT!

That draft chart is ancient.  You will need WAY more than what you are proposing.  Proof is in the draft day trades the last decade...

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Don't care which one it is - if there is a QB who OBD feels is a franchise guy, then you give up as much as needed to get him. 

Exactly, if we could trade for the next Jim Kelly, how many picks is it worth. Answer ALL of them.

2 minutes ago, Jackington said:

That draft chart is ancient.  You will need WAY more than what you are proposing.  Proof is in the draft day trades the last decade...

Fine then add the Fifth rounder from the Dareus Trade and the 2018 pick from the Ragland Trade. Just do it. Give away the ALL the picks if needed. 

Edited by Tatonka68

We cant have this be another 2004 draft where THREE top QBs went early, we didnt do enough to move up, and then settled on Losman (aka Mayfield).

Get serious about the QB position for ONCE in this franchise's history, and do whatever it takes to get a top QB prospect.

Anything else is just spinning the wheels.

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

Fine then add the Fifth rounder from the Dareus Trade and the 2018 pick from the Ragland Trade. Just do it. Give away the ALL the picks if needed. 

I would imagine it would take 15, 20, next years 1st and a 4th.  

Would you still do it?

3 minutes ago, Jackington said:

I would imagine it would take 15, 20, next years 1st and a 4th.  

Would you still do it?

how many picks would you trade for Aaron Rodgers? Of course I would, but I think your estimate is wrong.

Edited by Tatonka68