The most important decision to ending this drought is coming up.

njbuff

We all know that it is who is the starting QB going to be. 

Nothing else matters till QB is solved.

And McBeane is going to get 3+ years cause you can't keep crash landing each regime after 1-2 years.

The question is....,....... Who is that QB?

I just hope it isn't Lamar Jackson, then again it just might be.

I really hope they keep Tyrod until they have a better player.  The cap hit isn't any worse than whiffing on a big extension, and it gives us a chance to not play a rookie in the first couple of years.

It drives me nuts the way the Bills seem to cut their best QB because he's not "good enough" when they don't have anyone better.

4 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

I really hope they keep Tyrod until they have a better player.  The cap hit isn't any worse than whiffing on a big extension, and it gives us a chance to not play a rookie in the first couple of years.

It drives me nuts the way the Bills seem to cut their best QB because he's not "good enough" when they don't have anyone better.

They do that with every position.   This year, in particular, they have dumped more talent with little to nothing to replace it.  It begs the question as to why they've deliberately gutted the roster the way they have?    

But, I agree with you, I hope they keep Tyrod and design an offense to play to his strengths.   Draft 2, 3, 10 guys!  Just draft someone to be the franchise.   But, develop him and groom him to start in the NFL.  In a few years time, he may be ready and Tyrod could guve us decent competitive football in the meantime.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

They do that with every position.   This year, in particular, they have dumped more talent with little to nothing to replace it.  It begs the question as to why they've deliberately gutted the roster the way they have?    

But, I agree with you, I hope they keep Tyrod and design an offense to play to his strengths.   Draft 2, 3, 10 guys!  Just draft someone to be the franchise.   But, develop him and groom him to start in the NFL.  In a few years time, he may be ready and Tyrod could guve us decent competitive football in the meantime.

I get why they can't keep every player they want to move on from until they have a replacement, the cap just won't allow it, and perhaps you have some cancerous players, but I don't think either is the case with our current QB.

10 minutes ago, cba fan said:

or Baker Mayfield. Both could be had in the 2nd round. Maybe.

Rudolph feels like that classic guy who some team picking in the top 5 trades back into the end of the first round for to make sure they get him. I see him going somewhere in the 20's to a team that already made a selection earlier.

8 minutes ago, Plano said:

Mayfield is the next Manziel 2.0 so I don't want him. He'll be destroyed in the NFL.

That being said, worth a shot on Rudolph, or even Darnold if he can be had later.

I'm starting to think the same thing. I love his ability but he's all over the place mentally. If he was a tight end no one would care but as a QB it's a problem.

1 hour ago, Steve Billieve said:

Please give me examples on Bolded and note TT still plays here. Flutie?

Edited by Real McCoy

On 21/11/2017 at 7:18 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Rudolph feels like that classic guy who some team picking in the top 5 trades back into the end of the first round for to make sure they get him. I see him going somewhere in the 20's to a team that already made a selection earlier.

Yep, me too. Arizona strikes me as a possibility. 

Baker Mayfield isn't anything like Manziel. He's more like Philip Rivers in that he'll run his mouth, but he's a true pocket passer that has a quick release, canon for an arm, and can read defenses. He's smart and extremely talented. 

Do I think he's the best choice? Not necessarily. But after watching him for years, he's not like the immature Manziel. Mayfield has actually started 4 years in college, and has gotten better & better each year compared to Johnny's 2. Manziel was drafted as a junior after his 2nd season starting. Mayfield will have been a graduated senior after starting 4 years.

If Taylor doesnt move the offense against KC then Peterman should play the rest of the season even if it means racking up the losses. The Bills will see what they have in Peterman to see if he is part of the plans moving forward. Since the Bills are not a playoff team, I would rather see them lose out so have better draft status so they dont have to use as much capital if they want to move up and get their QB.....or maybe there will be enough high potential QB;s in the draft that they dont have to move at all. The Bills need their early round picks for Dline, Oline, and LB

On 11/21/2017 at 12:35 PM, njbuff said:

And McBeane is going to get 3+ years cause you can't keep crash landing each regime after 1-2 years.

....have NOT seen anything that gives me any confidence that Dennison is capable of being the SOLE decision maker on the offensive scheme and the best QB draft choice that may fit. ...McD damn well better take leadership of what he wants the offense to look like ala scheme that intertwines with the defensive scheme that he wants....I've seen nothing that brews confidence in Dennison or Frazier during this three game precipitous fall from "grace"......neither has shown ANY ability to adjust.....and I'm NOT buying, "it's all the personnel stupid" cloak......

• Like (+1) 1

there's a few people i wish to quote here, but i'll save the time because i'm sure i'll get flamed..but i say stock up at qb. if we lose at kc...who in their right minds think we are going to do better than 8-8.  if we lose to kc, i think we end up splitting miami and ...ne ....we all know how that will go. i say nate has to finish up at some point. not sure exactly where but...

sign me up for mayfield and ...here goes... bring chad kelly in, yep...there's no vet we can bring in given the lack of a supporting roster and since rico and waun will be gone.might as well start fresh and young. out of the three i think a good foundational qb will emerge. flame away

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think Terry would go after him if the Skins don't aggressively persue him. If we can't get Cousins then take Mason Rudolph in the 1st.

....Cousins will demand stupid money in the woefully overinflated QB desperate NFL as a prime example of mediocrity extortion...........

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Get cousins and draft a QB early.  Probably the best plan I can see right now.

Also upgrade the oline as much as possible.

If we got cousins, what would be the point in wasting a high draft pick on another QB?  We already have a guy to develop as a potential backup.  It's not like Cousins is 35, he's still fairly young

Rudolph seems to have a lot of limitations with arm strength and mobility, not a huge fan.  Not really sure how any of these QBs will do in the NFL.  All of them seem to have played poorly at times or have big deficiencies but Josh Allen, even though he's played with no talent, has the highest ceiling in my opinion.  If he comes out, a system that doesn't ask him to do everything like we have now might be a good situation for him.  His mobility and arm strength would be a nice fit.  We have a few nice weapons that would be able to help him right away.  I think he is unfairly judged by his stats.  His team sucks.  No weapons, no offensive line hasn't helped him.  With a a little coaching, I think he could be a franchise QB.  He's 6'5" 235.  He's not a perfect prospect but nobody in this draft is.  Anybody you take will be a project, why not take the one with the highest ceiling?

I think the best move the Bills can make is at halftime of the season finale December 17th, the franchise apologizes to Wade Phillips, Dough Flutie, and Marshawn Lynch for driving them out of town.

Then build a massive bonfire and sacrifice Chan Gailey, Dick Jauron, Aaron Maybin, JP Losman, Mike Williams, Tom Donahoe, Willis McGahee, and CJ Spiller to the Dark Side of the Force

On 11/21/2017 at 11:05 AM, cba fan said:

or Baker Mayfield. Both could be had in the 2nd round. Maybe.

I gotta admit it - I like Baker Mayfield more and more. Like Johnny Football without the coke.*  I'm not sure that would be a good player, but I'd take the chance.

*as far as I know, that is ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

On 11/21/2017 at 12:35 PM, njbuff said:

The simple solution to ending the Draught is to move training camp Back to Fredonia State.   Since they left no playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

Idk if you watch any other teams play on Sundays or if you pay attention to our opponent's offenses when our team is on defense, but, the majority of teams we face have solid O-lines (which is why a QB like McCown looks like Joe Montana out there). 

QB or no QB, we will ALWAYS fail unless the line on both sides of the ball play better plain and simple.

I'm all for getting a QB in the 1st round in next year's draft. But I hope that the next 4 picks after that are all linemen on both offense and defense.

Kyle will more than likely retire so we need his replacement, Eric Wood maybe got another solid 2 years or maybe 3 years left in him and we all know we need a RG BADLY. I personally feel like we have Glenn and Dawkins to man the left and right tackle spots but Glenn is not healthy this season and I don't think McDermott wants Dawkins on the right side. 

So count me in on drafting a QB only if we fix the line.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Anybody you take will be a project, why not take the one with the highest ceiling?

Because inaccurate in college is inaccurate in the NFL.  No to Josh Allen.  I can make a case for any of the others.  He feels like a very Bills pick though.  Would not surprise me at all if he is the way they go.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Case Keenum then Sam Darnold

Case was one of the guys I was in favour of bringing in if Tyrod didn't agree to the reduced contract last offseason...... not going to pretend I knew he'd play as well as he has this year (and Brian Hoyer was my other suggestion and he certainly didn't play well in San Fran) but I did argue he was in that same bridge QB category. I just wonder whether the cost will be prohibitive for Keenum this offseason.  The way Peterman played last week they cannot justify cutting Tyrod and rolling with Nate and a rookie.  So if they do move on another bridge guy has to come in.  

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because inaccurate in college is inaccurate in the NFL.  No to Josh Allen.  I can make a case for any of the others.  He feels like a very Bills pick though.  Would not surprise me at all if he is the way they go.  

Like I said, his talent has caused his stats to look like crap.  Goff and Wentz had low 60s completion percentages in college for most of their careers. Russell Wilson had a mid 50s completion percentage for 3 years in college.  It's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.  The talent around them in college matters.  Allen has shown some great abilities.  I'm just in the boat of thinking he will be a lot better with NFL level talent around him that can actually make a play for themselves.  Quarterbacks can improve

..this is probably as pivotal game as a single game can be pivotal.......KC is in a similar "penthouse to outhouse free fall" as the Bills......they're coming off a loss to the "upstart (COUGH)" Giants......as painful as Bflo's NO flogging......Chiefs are home in unfriendly Arrowhead with Andy coaching against one of his pupils.....TT returns under center but no one knows how deep his benching wounds run.....pulling off a MAJOR upset here would (or should) restore a MAJOR bounce in this club's footstep......feasible?...probably not.....remotely possible?......was going into HotLanta and thumping the Falcons remotely possible?......guess that's why we play the game....stay tuned.....

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If Mason Rudolph and/or Baker Mayfield are on the board with our second first round pick and we pass, then we are the dumbest franchise in the history of sports.  Not because either of them are guarantees, but because sooner or later you have to take some shots and both those guys have a decent shot at being special.