The most important decision to ending this drought is coming up.

njbuff

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I think the best move the Bills can make is at halftime of the season finale December 17th, the franchise apologizes to Wade Phillips, Dough Flutie, and Marshawn Lynch for driving them out of town.

Then build a massive bonfire and sacrifice Chan Gailey, Dick Jauron, Aaron Maybin, JP Losman, Mike Williams, Tom Donahoe, Willis McGahee, and CJ Spiller to the Dark Side of the Force

It sounds crazy, but it just may work...

Tyrod is not worth that kind of money, his era is over. Move on, stop wasting time and money on him.

You can't build a offensive scheme special for Tyrod while teaching a young QB to play a different one, both QBs have to play the same system to be successful IMO..

Funny how many said to keep Fitz we will never replace him while we find a QB but yet here we are with a QB just as bad while still having no franchise worthy QB in sight. Get off the dam bridges.

Edited by xRUSHx

On 11/21/2017 at 12:35 PM, njbuff said:

We all know that it is who is the starting QB going to be. 

Nothing else matters till QB is solved.

And McBeane is going to get 3+ years cause you can't keep crash landing each regime after 1-2 years.

The question is....,....... Who is that QB?

I just hope it isn't Lamar Jackson, then again it just might be.

Lamar Jackson has a very similar playing style to Cam Newton and both the GM and HC are from the Panthers organization. I would not be surprised at all if Jackson was their guy over any of the QBs in this draft. It would probably involve trading up too, since the Bills will probably be outside of the top five.

On 11/22/2017 at 4:10 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Rudolph. But must we only draft one QB?

21 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

If we got cousins, what would be the point in wasting a high draft pick on another QB?  We already have a guy to develop as a potential backup.  It's not like Cousins is 35, he's still fairly young

Rudolph seems to have a lot of limitations with arm strength and mobility, not a huge fan.  Not really sure how any of these QBs will do in the NFL.  All of them seem to have played poorly at times or have big deficiencies but Josh Allen, even though he's played with no talent, has the highest ceiling in my opinion.  If he comes out, a system that doesn't ask him to do everything like we have now might be a good situation for him.  His mobility and arm strength would be a nice fit.  We have a few nice weapons that would be able to help him right away.  I think he is unfairly judged by his stats.  His team sucks.  No weapons, no offensive line hasn't helped him.  With a a little coaching, I think he could be a franchise QB.  He's 6'5" 235.  He's not a perfect prospect but nobody in this draft is.  Anybody you take will be a project, why not take the one with the highest ceiling?

14 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Idk if you watch any other teams play on Sundays or if you pay attention to our opponent's offenses when our team is on defense, but, the majority of teams we face have solid O-lines (which is why a QB like McCown looks like Joe Montana out there). 

QB or no QB, we will ALWAYS fail unless the line on both sides of the ball play better plain and simple.

I'm all for getting a QB in the 1st round in next year's draft. But I hope that the next 4 picks after that are all linemen on both offense and defense.

Kyle will more than likely retire so we need his replacement, Eric Wood maybe got another solid 2 years or maybe 3 years left in him and we all know we need a RG BADLY. I personally feel like we have Glenn and Dawkins to man the left and right tackle spots but Glenn is not healthy this season and I don't think McDermott wants Dawkins on the right side. 

So count me in on drafting a QB only if we fix the line.

I would agree but it's not going to happen.  There aren't all that many good OL candidates so I can't see getting more than 1, and that likely won't be with one of the firsts; QB and DL are most likely.

55 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Tyrod is not worth that kind of money, his era is over. Move on, stop wasting time and money on him.

You can't build a offensive scheme special for Tyrod while teaching a young QB to play a different one, both QBs have to play the same system to be successful IMO..

Funny how many said to keep Fitz we will never replace him while we find a QB but yet here we are with a QB just as bad while still having no franchise worthy QB in sight. Get off the dam bridges.

Who did we get who was actually better than Fitzpatrick until Taylor was signed?  Certainly not Orton.  If Marrone had had Fitz, the Bills probably would have been 8-8 or 9-7 in 2013 and likely would have made the playoffs in 2014.  Even with Fitzpatrick's TO tendencies, Marrone would have given him the kind of support he needed -- a strong D and a decent running game -- so that he'd wouldn't have to try to win games on his own.

As for Taylor, nobody is saying to keep him forever.  It makes sense to keep him for 2018 so that you can bring a rookie QB along slowly, but never fear, Taylor is due a bonus just after the start of the league year, so he will undoubtedly be released before then. 

On 11/21/2017 at 1:03 PM, Steve Billieve said:

I really hope they keep Tyrod until they have a better player.  The cap hit isn't any worse than whiffing on a big extension, and it gives us a chance to not play a rookie in the first couple of years.

It drives me nuts the way the Bills seem to cut their best QB because he's not "good enough" when they don't have anyone better.

The problem with keeping Tyrod is the limited Taylor made system. Do you want the new QB to play in a limited Taylor made system? Changing QBs mid season to a different more complex system is why the team was not ready for Petermans faster pace.

Keeping Tyrod limits the way a OC can teach a team to be on the same page and limits the new young QBS learning IMO.

I do not see any reason why a new OC would want to coach here with Tyrod a QB that will make him change his system day one. Even if a new young QB gets drafted in 2018 I do not see any good OCs wanting this type of setup that has every OC on the hot seat by midseason in Taylors limited system. OC#4

15 hours ago, SoTier said:

I would agree but it's not going to happen.  There aren't all that many good OL candidates so I can't see getting more than 1, and that likely won't be with one of the firsts; QB and DL are most likely.

There might not be a lot of top offensive lineman and I agree QB and DL will be the first round picks but there certainly are a lot of good OL candidates in the second and third rounds.  At this point in the season we just don't see the small school prospects that arise through the combine and senior bowl.  There will be plenty of options at OL.

I'll take Rosen 8 days a week, but I doubt the Bills will have the ammo in the form of picks to get him assuming Cleveland is dead set on getting a qb (which i guarantee you they will be). 

Basically, we need to root for SF to go into an even deeper tailspin and for gregg-o to inspire a decent cleveland defense to win a couple of games on their own.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:12 AM, GunnerBill said:

Because inaccurate in college is inaccurate in the NFL.  No to Josh Allen.  I can make a case for any of the others.  He feels like a very Bills pick though.  Would not surprise me at all if he is the way they go.  

Case was one of the guys I was in favour of bringing in if Tyrod didn't agree to the reduced contract last offseason...... not going to pretend I knew he'd play as well as he has this year (and Brian Hoyer was my other suggestion and he certainly didn't play well in San Fran) but I did argue he was in that same bridge QB category. I just wonder whether the cost will be prohibitive for Keenum this offseason.  The way Peterman played last week they cannot justify cutting Tyrod and rolling with Nate and a rookie.  So if they do move on another bridge guy has to come in.  

Pistol Pete will play the last 4, and we'll see what we got.  However, with this OL, it becomes nearly impossible to evaluate the kid.  If he's impresses, then we don't need Tyrod.  In fact, if he doesn't, we still don't want Tyrod.  We need to use our 1st rounders on OL period.  Get a QB in the second, and let's try to get Cousins, Luck, Bridgewater and other serviceable vet too. 

On 11/21/2017 at 1:03 PM, Steve Billieve said:

I really hope they keep Tyrod until they have a better player.  The cap hit isn't any worse than whiffing on a big extension, and it gives us a chance to not play a rookie in the first couple of years.

It drives me nuts the way the Bills seem to cut their best QB because he's not "good enough" when they don't have anyone better.

Are you kidding...Tyrod will cost us $18million next year.  Dump that into good players to surround your rookie QB.  What could you do with an extra $18 million in your O-line?