McCoy sounds very unhappy about the switch

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why not?

It was a veteran team that I wanted to see go for it this year but they've been systematically weakened so I am OK with seeing Lil' Nate Peet play this Sunday. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyrod back in later in the season either.   McD is nothing if not unpredictable wrt personnel.  

Will you be able to handle it if they release Shady in the offseason?  I could see him and Tyrod re-uniting with Roman in Baltimore.

I don't see why Roman would want him. I think Anthony Lynn would be a better choice.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know but you do realize that the Bills didn't trade Woods right?  He was free to leave.   Commonsense.......intentionally or unfortunately ironic?:lol:

Free to leave is right. They didn't even entertain bringing him back. We all knew he was the better blocker of the two, just didn't know how much more productive of a WR he could be in a modern day offense.

Since what Shady thinks means so much...must have hurt to watch Woods go. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

He sounded very upset about his buddy getting benched. Understandable. Wish he was able to mask his emotions a bit more like most players but hey...that's Shady. I'm sure he'll be fine if Peterman opens up the O and he can get his run #s up again.

Aside from being his buddy the better question that he should have been asked is HOW MANY GAMES DID TYROD WIN FOR THE BILLS? I think we all no the answer.

He sounded very upset about his buddy getting benched. Understandable. Wish he was able to mask his emotions a bit more like most players but hey...that's Shady. I'm sure he'll be fine if Peterman opens up the O and he can get his run #s up again.

I agree.
He just needs to see some classic Shanny/Kukiak/Rico running lanes and he'll be drooling at the change.  This running game is predicated on the counter attack in the passing game.  It was clear that TT wasn't going to make a defense pay for crowding the box..

Hopefully Peterman can, otherwise we are headed for a long December.

Maccoy is our best back, but he had better be quiet  for he is replaceable . He is a dam good running back.Running is the business he is in and not questionings management decisions. Where else could he be paid millions a year ? This new regime will not stand to be undermined by players.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McCoy ran for 5.4 ypc with Taylor as his QB last year.........he knows that wouldn't have happened ANYWHERE else with any other QB in the NFL.

Tyrod was a great facilitator for the run game in that Roman/Lynn offense as long as he had someone to help stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

Watkins getting traded just as he was finally healthy had the same impact on the Bills offense that trading Dareus has had on their defense.

I don’t agree with the timing of the move but you realize McCoy rushed for 1,600 yards at 5.1 ypc with Nick Foles, right?

And most vets won’t be thrilled with the starting qb getting pulled at 5-4. Just like they won’t be thrilled with trading Dareus and Sammy.  They claim they want to win now but they are making moves that day otherwise.

he will change his mind when he doesnt have to run against 8 man fronts all day

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Man John, you switch up really quick.  You have spent years defending TT and now you’re already on the NP bandwagon? :)

and McCoy is still going to see 8 man fronts until Np proves otherwise.  Sadly, the best thing TT did as a passer was traded away for a low 2nd rounder and an injured CB.  But blindly trust the process!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man John, you switch up really quick.  You have spent years defending TT and now you’re already on the NP bandwagon? :)

and McCoy is still going to see 8 man fronts until Np proves otherwise.  Sadly, the best thing TT did as a passer was traded away for a low 2nd rounder and an injured CB.  But blindly trust the process!

you'll get over the watkins trade one day, then again maybe you wont.

I have.

It will be interesting to see how this move on making Peterman the starter plays out in the locker room. There is potential for it to definitely divide people especially if the rookie struggles. Here is hoping we don't have another Rob Johnson/Doug Flutie QB controversy on our hands.

Definite risk on McDermott's part and we will see if the organization's gamble pays off. I got to believe they didn't fully expect to compete this year and them jumping out to 5-2 surprised even them. However, after falling back down to earth they probably realize what this team's ceiling is and it isn't good enough. I think that is why the move to Peterman was made today.

Edited by billieve420

Just now, TigerJ said:

Touches where he runs into a brick wall because the opponent has stacked the box daring Tyrod to pass can't be very fulfilling for McCoy.

I think you’re completely overvaluing how much DCs are going to respect Peterman.  McCoy is going to get the same defenses.

57 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they do need to upgrade the back up position. I'm good either way with keeping. him or not. I just know he needs to step up and not worry about decisions he may not like or approve. his job is to carry the ball. not saying taylor isn't a likable guy but he handled it much better and in a professional manner. maybe he should take notes.

as for your username, I did not correlate it with 25 but rather thought you were, well, a shady bills fan...hehe

Well, the purpose of using Shady did have a dual purpose.  

I was thinking of using Incognito but I’m lazy and Shady is shorter.  

47 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Maybe he was happy with 8-12 carries for <30yds. ;)

Maybe Tyrod can spell him in the backfield instead of Porky ;)

Didn’t he sign something incentive based? 

His overall #’s are down (I think) so if this helps there he should be all for it. IMO

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t agree with the timing of the move but you realize McCoy rushed for 1,600 yards at 5.1 ypc with Nick Foles, right?

And most vets won’t be thrilled with the starting qb getting pulled at 5-4. Just like they won’t be thrilled with trading Dareus and Sammy.  They claim they want to win now but they are making moves that day otherwise.

And he was a younger, healthier 300+ carry RB then and did that in a gimmicky no-huddle offense that caught the entire league off guard....hence Foles numbers.

But in 2014 he lead the NFL in fewest yards per touch in that offense.  2015 also not great per touch production as he fought against the design of the Roman offense while other backs excelled.  Last year......he found his sweet spot.  Best offense Bills have had since 1991.    And it was sustainable.   But they blew it up.

I live in southern NJ.  After the Broncos game I flew back to Philadelphia on Monday afternoon, to my surprise McCoy was siting across the aisle from me.  After we got deplaned, I caught up with McCoy and we talked Bills on the walk to baggage claim.  I was surprised with how honest and candid he was.  He was pretty frustrated with the inability to get the run game going.  I mentioned it's tough to run when the D is stacking the box and not respecting the QB's passing skills.  He didn't throw Taylor under the bus in anyway, but he also didn't disagree with the sentiment.  I went on to talk about the fact that the Bills will be spinning their tires until they find a true signal caller that defenses fear when throwing the ball.  I got the impression I wasn't the only person in that conversation that agreed.

I don't think Shady is or should be too upset.  I expect his success to open up as a result of the offense being in the proper rythym under Peterman.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McCoy ran for 5.4 ypc with Taylor as his QB last year.........he knows that wouldn't have happened ANYWHERE else with any other QB in the NFL.

Tyrod was a great facilitator for the run game in that Roman/Lynn offense as long as he had someone to help stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

Watkins getting traded just as he was finally healthy had the same impact on the Bills offense that trading Dareus has had on their defense.

So little, if any?

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I didn't get that impression at all. He sounded like a grownup about it, actually. 

My impression was it was both. He did sound like a grownup but it was evident imo that he wasn't happy at all. That's a thin tightrope to walk but I thought he did it well. I really like that guy, or who he has become at least. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

My impression was it was both. He did sound like a grownup but it was evident imo that he wasn't happy at all. That's a thin tightrope to walk but I thought he did it well. I really like that guy, or who he has become at least. 

Is there any possibility, any possibility at all, that your displeasure with the move is impacting your assessment of Shady's reaction? He was certainly subdued though. 

44 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is there any possibility, any possibility at all, that your displeasure with the move is impacting your assessment of Shady's reaction? He was certainly subdued though. 

I honestly don’t know. I try hard to take things as they are. Earlier today I saw a blurb from him on Twitter. Just a portion of his response. My reaction to that was that he isn’t happy. When I heard the whole thing it changed my mind a little to what I posted. That it was reasoned but I still think he didn’t like it. 

I also think that players are like fans at times that they make friends and like certain guys and their personal feelings bleed into their public positions. I would bet anything, without knowing for sure, that if it were up to Shady he would not have made this move and if you asked him who we have a better chance of winning this game and making the playoffs he would say Tyrod in a nanosecond. 

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I honestly don’t know. I try hard to take things as they are. Earlier today I saw a blurb from him on Twitter. Just a portion of his response. My reaction to that was that he isn’t happy. When I heard the whole thing it changed my mind a little to what I posted. That it was reasoned but I still think he didn’t like it. 

I also think that players are like fans at times that they make friends and like certain guys and their personal feelings bleed into their public positions. I would bet anything, without knowing for sure, that if it were up to Shady he would not have made this move and if you asked him who we have a better chance of winning this game and making the playoffs he would say Tyrod in a nanosecond. 

Appreciate the honesty here. And I'd be more surprised if Shady didn't think that way about Taylor. And more concerned, too. But even he knows we have to see how the kid performs because if NP really is what the offense needs, then Shady will be the biggest beneficiary. And I'm also not convinced this is a permanent move. Not by a long shot. 

The way he ended that interview, he was going "we'll see". Not a ringing endorsement of Peterman.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Micah Hyde referred to him as “Nate Favre.” Says he’s a confident gunslinger.

F7EDD470-E244-47E6-AC82-90807D4A2948.jpeg

He wasn't as good in pre-season. I hope his college form shows up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Different scheme than last year. Its null now. McCoy didnt get off because he was all defenses were worried about 

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'd be fine with releasing shady. it's not like he's irreplaceable. in fact, I can see them letting him go.

And starting who? Mike Tolbert? Do you people even think about just cutting guys for the sake of cutting guys?

8 hours ago, estro613 said:

I live in southern NJ.  After the Broncos game I flew back to Philadelphia on Monday afternoon, to my surprise McCoy was siting across the aisle from me.  After we got deplaned, I caught up with McCoy and we talked Bills on the walk to baggage claim.  I was surprised with how honest and candid he was.  He was pretty frustrated with the inability to get the run game going.  I mentioned it's tough to run when the D is stacking the box and not respecting the QB's passing skills.  He didn't throw Taylor under the bus in anyway, but he also didn't disagree with the sentiment.  I went on to talk about the fact that the Bills will be spinning their tires until they find a true signal caller that defenses fear when throwing the ball.  I got the impression I wasn't the only person in that conversation that agreed.

I don't think Shady is or should be too upset.  I expect his success to open up as a result of the offense being in the proper rythym under Peterman.

Wait.... Are you the same guy who claims Donald Jones kid plays on your kids football team?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

13 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Totally disagree.

Watched the PC. He's surprised but you make it seem like he's about to stop trying. Sounds like a guy who's about to go out and fight with his new QB.

I do? Okay. I thought I was pointing out he sounded upset but will he fine when it opens up his run game. Shoot. Wish I knew what I really meant.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And starting who? Mike Tolbert? Do you people even think about just cutting guys for the sake of cutting guys?

well, maybe I should of made that more clear. they have a draft and off season to take care of it. who the hell said anything about leaving fat mike to start?

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Shady needs to focus on doing his job!

How do you know he's not? He's not supposed to speak and when he does he's not focused on his job?

15 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

yep, probably 9 man fronts on Sunday

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Of course Shadys upset............he was getting used to having the ball dumped to him on every play. Petermans going to open up this O and Shady will be limited to carries.

Thats unlikely. These dudes got to war with eachother. They believe in eachother. After the years on the geam you shouldnt be surprised theres lpyalty between the starting wb and rb. At each job u got people u cool With n people your not cool with.