Cordy Glenn injured AGAIN.

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't care.  He's paid enough to play through injury, regardless of the severity.

You sir are a clown 

1. You have no idea the severity

2. Ankle/Feet are crucial to his stability and his ability to hold his ground against the rushers and push off to block for shady

3. This opinion is useless and needs to back in the cave

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Xerx said:

You sir are a clown 

2. Ankle/Feet are crucial to his stability and his ability to hold his ground against the rushers and push off to block for shady

Bull.  He's got Contract Ankle.  You know it and I know it.  And Shady's all washed up, anyway.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Xerx said:

You sir are a clown 

gug likes to see how much he can get under ones skin and he succeeded so far with you. unless you have been lurking and knew that before you joined or not, you have been warned. 

as for glen, they need to move on from him and his $65 million contract. at 28 and with those ankle injures they could dump him and find a replacement for less money through fa or the draft?

Some of these comments are insane. I hate the way some fans dehumanize these players and act like they should be out there even if their arms are falling off. They're friggin' human beings. They aren't superheroes. Yeah, they get paid a lot of money but getting a fat salary doesn't justify playing while far less than 100%. You're more of a detriment than an asset if you're out there playing hurt because you're not going to be as effective. 

It's like some people just have no problem speaking so ill of these guys and they always wanna justify by pointing out how much money they make. Or if they aren't performing as well as they can, the name-calling and calls to be cut and kicked out of the league, it's just like, blech. Is that fandom? I don't see it that way. At the end of the day, these guys are all just a bunch of human beings with a really interesting job. They aren't invincible. I dunno, maybe that's just me but I'm not in the habit of degrading any player for any football-related reason. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

gug likes to see how much he can get under ones skin and he succeeded so far with you. unless you have been lurking and knew that before you joined or not, you have been warned. 

as for glen, they need to move on from him and his $65 million contract. at 28 and with those ankle injures they could dump him and find a replacement for less money through fa or the draft?

I have been lurking for a bit

I do know know all the :censored: yet sadly

9 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Some of these comments are insane. I hate the way some fans dehumanize these players and act like they should be out there even if their arms are falling off. They're friggin' human beings. They aren't superheroes. Yeah, they get paid a lot of money but getting a fat salary doesn't justify playing while far less than 100%. You're more of a detriment than an asset if you're out there playing hurt because you're not going to be as effective. 

It's like some people just have no problem speaking so ill of these guys and they always wanna justify by pointing out how much money they make. Or if they aren't performing as well as they can, the name-calling and calls to be cut and kicked out of the league, it's just like, blech. Is that fandom? I don't see it that way. At the end of the day, these guys are all just a bunch of human beings with a really interesting job. They aren't invincible. I dunno, maybe that's just me but I'm not in the habit of degrading any player for any football-related reason. 

I'm as guilty of doubting some injuries as the next guy. When you have Andrew Luck playing with a shredded shoulder you realize some players have a higher pain tolerance than others (I think it was our own medical staff that said Sammy's foot injury was more of a pain tolerance issue before the surgery). The other thing many of us have experienced is  "Jairus Byrd Syndrome" (when he had plantar fasciatis, didn't play but then signed with the Saints, many here were po'd). Then you have Marcel's hammy during the first week of training camp...the list goes on and on.

35 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Was this really called for?  I have feelings, too, you know!

2 hours ago, yungmack said:

WTH is wrong with you? This is a chronic condition he's been dealing with off and on for years. There is nothing new here. I thought Glenn had a new injury. But, no, just someone recycling an old story but with a misleading title. Seems like you needed an excuse to start a thread. 

EXACTLY why they shoulda traded him.

Look at you, making strides toward logical thought.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

And people question why the front office would entertain moving him because he is talented. If a player can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter if they are as skilled as Brady, all the talent in the world won't help you sitting on IR

Sure seemed healthy vs the Jets!  :w00t:

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

EXACTLY why they shoulda traded him.

Look at you, making strides toward logical thought.

Glenn has had three DIFFERENT injuries over the past two years.   Not one 'chronic condition.'

He got a high ankle sprain in the preseason of 2016.   He hurt his back in week 12 and missed the final three games of 2016.    And this year, he hurt his other foot in spring workouts and he's been battling THAT injury through the first half of the year.

You can have you own (half-baked) thoughts, but that doesn't make them logical...

Just now, Lurker said:

Glenn has had three DIFFERENT injuries over the past two years.   Not one 'chronic condition.'

He got a high ankle sprain in the preseason of 2016.   He hurt his back in week 12 and missed the final three games of 2016.    And this year, he hurt his other foot in spring workouts and he's been battling THAT injury through the first half of the year.

You can have you own (half-baked) thoughts, but that doesn't make them logical...

Oh, suppose he's not injury-prone then.

Gotcha. :lol:

I've said for some time we should have unloaded him and pretty sure Beane and McD tried.

Either way it's pretty concerning that Glenn can't stay healthy and he's coming off one of the worse games of his career against the Jets. Hopefully we can get something worthwhile for in the offseason.

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Just heard it on WGR.

How useful is a talented person who can't stay on the field? Shoulda traded him while they could have.

Yeah i am sure having two football games in 5 days makes his foot/ankle he has been dealing with feel great. 

An OT can have a long career.  Nothing can be done to make him healthier for this season at this point.  Have him play with very little practice if that helps him to get through the season.  See what happens with off-season surgery/rehab or whatever is called for.  Decide next year whether he is worth holding on to or trying to trade.

In other words, do the Billsy thing...  wait and see if it gets better next year.

Hold on a sec with that trade. Good OL are a rare commodity these days and we don't even know what the injury is yet. His performance slipped a lot, but has been getting better of late. He has played well before and probably can again.

7 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

should of traded him when they had the chance. bad decision on beanes part.

Perhaps they didn't get an offer they found to be fair.

By the way, do they no longer teach contractions in school?   It's "should've", the contraction for "should have", not "should of"

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Gug, you're a little harsh considering you have no idea how serious the injury actually is or what medical advice he may be receiving.  

Is he still seeing Dr Anderson and is it the same ongoing ankle issue? Not just practice for the game, but I wonder how he trains in the gym to keep functional strength up with a dodgey ankle?

17 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I'm as guilty of doubting some injuries as the next guy. When you have Andrew Luck playing with a shredded shoulder you realize some players have a higher pain tolerance than others (I think it was our own medical staff that said Sammy's foot injury was more of a pain tolerance issue before the surgery). The other thing many of us have experienced is  "Jairus Byrd Syndrome" (when he had plantar fasciatis, didn't play but then signed with the Saints, many here were po'd). Then you have Marcel's hammy during the first week of training camp...the list goes on and on.

The Colts are partially responsible for what's happened to Luck up to this point. It's believed that he tore his labrum during week three back in 2015. Surgery was an option at that point, he would've been shut down for the rest of 2015 but ready to go by 2016. Instead, they chose to have him play through it and receive intensive medical treatment during the week. He only made it until week nine and had one of the worst seasons of his career statistically. He was able to make it through 2016 but the team went 8-8, he was sacked 41 times and inevitably aggravated his shoulder. Irsay talked him up all off-season that he'd have a chance to play but they knew all along that the chances of him seeing the field in 2017 were slim and none. So instead of shutting him down in 2015 and taking care of it then, they've drug it out across three seasons and the kid has been robbed of some prime years for athletes as he was 26, 27 and 28 through those seasons. And now there are rumors going around that there's a lot of tension between Irsay and Luck and that he could even demand a trade at some point. And I wouldn't blame him. The Colts have bumbled his career for the last few years. They've done nothing to build a solid OL in front of him, which he needs as a classic pocket passer. Yeah, he has scrambling ability but he's not the kind of QB you want leaving the pocket on a regular basis. You want him to hang back there and pick teams apart. 

And I'm not saying every player in the league is a boy scout. Clearly, there are some bad apples in every bunch but for the most part, I look at players as a bunch of regular dudes who make their living in a really interesting and lucrative way. When we watch games, we are watching these guys at work. I wouldn't go to Target and scream at the employees if I felt like they weren't working to their full potential. It's one thing to be emotionally invested in the games, which I am, I'm always on the edge of my seat and I cheer when things go well and give long exasperated sighs when things don't go so well. Or, I just flip the channel like last week when I just couldn't take the futility anymore during the Jets game. 

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but overall in general I'm not a big fan of being a turd to other human beings unless it's absolutely warranted.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

The Colts are partially responsible for what's happened to Luck up to this point. It's believed that he tore his labrum during week three back in 2015. Surgery was an option at that point, he would've been shut down for the rest of 2015 but ready to go by 2016. Instead, they chose to have him play through it and receive intensive medical treatment during the week. He only made it until week nine and had one of the worst seasons of his career statistically. He was able to make it through 2016 but the team went 8-8, he was sacked 41 times and inevitably aggravated his shoulder. Irsay talked him up all off-season that he'd have a chance to play but they knew all along that the chances of him seeing the field in 2017 were slim and none. So instead of shutting him down in 2015 and taking care of it then, they've drug it out across three seasons and the kid has been robbed of some prime years for athletes as he was 26, 27 and 28 through those seasons. And now there are rumors going around that there's a lot of tension between Irsay and Luck and that he could even demand a trade at some point. And I wouldn't blame him. The Colts have bumbled his career for the last few years. They've done nothing to build a solid OL in front of him, which he needs as a classic pocket passer. Yeah, he has scrambling ability but he's not the kind of QB you want leaving the pocket on a regular basis. You want him to hang back there and pick teams apart. 

And I'm not saying every player in the league is a boy scout. Clearly, there are some bad apples in every bunch but for the most part, I look at players as a bunch of regular dudes who make their living in a really interesting and lucrative way. When we watch games, we are watching these guys at work. I wouldn't go to Target and scream at the employees if I felt like they weren't working to their full potential. It's one thing to be emotionally invested in the games, which I am, I'm always on the edge of my seat and I cheer when things go well and give long exasperated sighs when things don't go so well. Or, I just flip the channel like last week when I just couldn't take the futility anymore during the Jets game. 

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but overall in general I'm not a big fan of being a turd to other human beings unless it's absolutely warranted.

I hear ya. I also shut the Jets game off in the 4th quarter. Couldn't enjoy the game after the build up, etc.

My point in comparing Luck to say Sammy Watkins (for example) was that Luck had a torn labrum but still went out there and gave it a shot (albeit he played like **** given his injury). That injury affected his ability to throw. Some could argue that Sammy's foot injury limited his ability to run a route effectively but our staff said it was a "pain tolerance issue". Not sure I trust Rex but that's what he was told. Take another example...Ramon Humber broke his hand in the Falcons game and was later seen on the field playing LB. Some players have pain tolerance at a 9-10...some have a tolerance at 5-6. I suppose it isn't criticism of those at the 5-6 level, but more so admiration for a guy who can (still wants to) play at the 9-10 level.

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I hear ya. I also shut the Jets game off in the 4th quarter. Couldn't enjoy the game after the build up, etc.

My point in comparing Luck to say Sammy Watkins (for example) was that Luck had a torn labrum but still went out there and gave it a shot (albeit he played like **** given his injury). That injury affected his ability to throw. Some could argue that Sammy's foot injury limited his ability to run a route effectively but our staff said it was a "pain tolerance issue". Not sure I trust Rex but that's what he was told. Take another example...Ramon Humber broke his hand in the Falcons game and was later seen on the field playing LB. Some players have pain tolerance at a 9-10...some have a tolerance at 5-6. I suppose it isn't criticism of those at the 5-6 level, but more so admiration for a guy who can (still wants to) play at the 9-10 level.

Yeah I'm with ya on changing the channel. I usually stick it out but they just never adjusted and every drive looked so ugly. Each time they got the ball back I was like, ok here we go, time for them to pull their heads outta they a$$es and... 3 yard loss... ok, ok, let's rebound.... sack, loss of 10... son of a.... incomplete pass, punt. That's it, I'm watching Bob's Burgers and passing out.

Pain tolerance is a funny thing. Obviously everyone is different. Some people can really get through things others would be keeling over about. With players tho, there are other factors involved. You mentioned Humber so let's talk about him. His entire career he's been a special teams player, been told he's just not quite good enough to play LB regularly. Finally, he gets his chance to start at LB this season. It's likely he's going to try to do everything he possibly can to stay on the field. He doesn't wanna lose his spot after he's been waiting nine years for the opportunity. Lot of other players do the same thing. And in my humble opinion, I really would consider getting Milano on the field some more. He brings some speed and athleticism to the LB position that they don't have with guys like Humber, Brown and Alexander. 

With Sammy, he had the same injury as Dez and Julio and both those guys got shut down for a season and were given ample time to fully rehab and come back 100%. With Sammy, I think he wanted to prove he could play through it and I also think the medical staff told him and the coaches that they could come up with a treatment plan that would keep him on the field. These days there's so much talk about player health and safety but when it comes right down to it, teams want their guys to play at all costs, especially if they're an important player. And Sammy himself probably felt like he had a lot to prove after calling out the team to give him 10 targets a game. He definitely wanted to be a huge part of turning this team around, things just never worked out in his favor. And then as you mentioned, you get other players who seem to have random injuries pop up all the time and keep them out of games and those guys end up having their dedication questioned. Are they playing to win or do they just play because they know they're gonna make a ton of money? 

We all remember Torrell Troup, right? Everyone considers him a bust and yeah, that's fair to say given his production vs. his draft slot. But what a lot of people don't know is coming out of the draft, he had a pretty serious back injury. It required surgery. But instead of getting the surgery done and miss his rookie year, the medical team convinced him to play through it and that they'd get him through the season with a specialized treatment plan. He tried to give it a go but he was never at 100% in any game he played. He had surgery the following off-season but by then the damage was done and he was never able to live up to any potential he may have had. That's just one example but it happens all across the league to players all the time and it's a bummer.

Edited by blacklabel

Sounds like Cordy isn't buying in to the #Process if he's injured again.  The Gospel Of Process suggests that those who buy in are rewarded with health and great play.  We know what happens to players who don't buy in.  They get injured and they get gone.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut by Sunday.

Edited by Jauronimo