Incognito Says "TNF Games are BS"

@MatthewFairburn

After loss to Jets, Bills' Richie Incognito says Thursday night games are 'bull ****.'

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/11/bills_richie_incognito_says_thursday_night_games_are_bullshit_after_loss_to_jets.html

11-3: Richie Incognito Post Game (1:54)

Sorry but no excuses, get it done. Same ol Bills.

Grow up. He said it's unfair on everybody. He was speaking concerning all players that play Thursday games not their loss to the Jets.

They all practice and hit hard every day. A professional should be ready for this ish. Pathetic. I might be a little emotional right now lol

Grow up. He said it's unfair on everybody. He was speaking concerning all players that play Thursday games not their loss to the Jets

He wouldn't have said anything about it though if the Jets hadn't handed him and his team a very humiliating loss ion prime time TV. Irvin said it best and they were proven inadequate.

Went back and listened to the interview and he didn't sound as bad live as the quotes read.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21270122/richie-incognito-buffalo-bills-critical-thursday-night-football-games

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

You mean you haven't read all those studies about how difficult it is for the road team traveling east? :D

well NY is a wide state, the jet lag from those 30-45 minute flights can be killer I hear.

It's never a good look when you complain about how unfair something is when it doesn't appear to have had any affect on the other person. The Jets didn't appear to have any issues playing on the short week.

The Thursday night games are a crapfest for the most part. I didn't feel great about this game at all, then again I felt the same about the Raiders game and look what happened there. They just looked tired from the get-go. Then McCoy got dinged up and couldn't really play the way he wanted. And I understand why they have Mike Tolbert on the team, but I think they really need to reevaluate that and think about bringing someone else in or allowing Banyard or even Jones to take some snaps because these 1 yard dives by Tolbert aren't doing much.

I wonder what if the home team/road team winning percentage is skewed for Thursday night games? I wouldn't be surprised.

Different teams can be affected differently...different coaching staffs, new coaching staffs, more injuries the game before, etc.

I believe the Bills are a better team than the Jets, and I believe these Bills will make the playoffs. I don't believe the Jets will make the playoffs.

I don't know, there may be quotes from the past where he has voiced displeasure with TNF, no?

There have been plenty of player complaints.

I don't think ANY of the players or coaches have done anything other than say negative things about TNF.

I don't consider TNF games to be a true measure of the teams.

And all this "suck it up" from the fans is ridiculous. NONE of you have to actual play in these games, so how could you have any idea what you're talking about?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/03/home-teams-have-fared-well-since-start-of-thursday-night-tv-package-in-06/

According to the Spreadapedia database, home teams have won at 62.4 percent clip on Thursdays since 2006. This 58-35 mark includes NFL Kickoff and Thanksgiving games.

By contrast, on all other days in this same span, home sides have won at a 56.6 percent rate (1,140-873-3).

well NY is a wide state, the jet lag from those 30-45 minute flights can be killer I hear.

It's never a good look when you complain about how unfair something is when it doesn't appear to have had any affect on the other person. The Jets didn't appear to have any issues playing on the short week.

Boy, you sure haven't traveled much! :doh:

I'd like to see the W/L stats of road teams playing on four days of rest. Might be nothing. Might be something..........

I think someone posted it in either this thread or another, but the home teams on tnf win is 62% compared to a regular home field win % of 56 IIRC

talk about an overreaction over 1 bad game, let's forget about the other 7 where everything was looking different

Yes, but a playoff team beats the Jets. A 5-3 record as opposed to 6-2 is huge with a daunting schedule coming up. These are they type of losses that separate contenders from the pretenders. Many posters have been on here talking crap about the Pats decline. They won their Thursday night game, and they won in the Meadowlands. They are the team to beat, we are still pretenders. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

It's post game comments. Who cares. He just got embarrassed.

He should have just kept quiet and hopefully McD spoke to him after.

You just can't make excuses like that for getting your ass handed to you because pretty much every team in the league plays a TNF game and has to prepare on a short week too.

Most of you folks aren't too bright. He is speaking to the fact that Thursday night games are bad for all players in the NFL. It is a much bigger picture than making excuses for the loss. There are many things the players are upset about and this is one of them. It will be part of the discussion in the next CBA. No question the fact he just got his ass beat didn't help his delivery, but the man feels the same way win or lose as do a large percentage of the player population.

Most of you folks aren't too bright. He is speaking to the fact that Thursday night games are bad for all players in the NFL. It is a much bigger picture than making excuses for the loss. There are many things the players are upset about and this is one of them. It will be part of the discussion in the next CBA. No question the fact he just got his ass beat didn't help his delivery, but the man feels the same way win or lose as do a large percentage of the player population.

Yes, and he may very well be correct, but he wouldnt have said anything had the Bills won. Otherwise I couldnt care less. It just sucks to have that type of Rex loser mentality lingering around.

Yeah because travelling from Buffalo to NYC is so freaking difficult

Yes, the flight is only an hour and change, which doesn't seem like much, but I fly back-and-forth from Rochester and NYC often and it can suck up your whole day.

You have to pack, get to the airport, be there at least an hour and a half before your flight (maybe more for a full football team), get through

security, etc. And then on the other end, you have to get off the plane, get to transportation, fight through NYC traffic (I have had trips to the airport that took 1-1/2 to 2 hours due to traffic). And this holds true even if you fly into Newark. Best case scenario, it's about an hour from the airport. Then you have to get everyone to the hotel, check in, drop your stuff off, and then finally head to lunch/dinner/or team meeting-practice. That entire process can take minimum 6 hours. If you fly in the day of the game, that can take a lot out of you mentally. if you fly in the day before, now you have to get to where you are going to practice, etc.

That whole day is thrown off, while the opposing team woke up and went to practice as usual and back home for a good night's rest. There is definitely an advantage to being home on a short week. Not saying it is an excuse for playing as poorly as the Bills did last night, but its not just a one-hour flight. Of course, a better team should still be able to deal with that and beat an inferior team, but don't act like it's nothing to have to be the team that travels.

They should definitely do away with Thursday Night Games! (Screws up fantasy too.)

I looked up the stats on home vs. away for Thursday Night Games, here it is (with no conclusion being drawn by me)

The HOME team has won 69 of 113 Thursday Night games going back to 2006, or 61% of the games.

(Regardless of who was favored or who was the better team.)

The short week is no excuse for last night's performance, but in fairness, I think all the players and coaches hate TNF - even the teams who are successful. TNF isn't a football move, it's a business move.

I hate it too, and not just because the Bills always seem to suck on prime time.

It's okay Richie didn't play last night anyway.

I mean there was someone out there wearing his number flapping around like a beached whale while our QB ran for his life.... but playing involves making plays. A block or two would have been nice.

The age and short recovery time could have been part of it? I'm not in the excuse making buisness but that seems legit for an aging Olinemen facing some jacked up young bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

It's got to be tougher for older linemen like Incognito (34 years old).

The average age of the Jets DL (26.3 years) is an advantage in a short week vs. the Bills starting OL (29.8 year old average). The fact those DL are a lot more talented group doesn't hurt, either...

The age and short recovery time could have been part of it? I'm not in the excuse making buisness but that seems legit for an aging Olinemen facing some jacked up young bucks.

Yea it could. I just think maybe take it on the chin when you suck that bad. Say nothing get your head down, watch the film and get back to work.

Yea it could. I just think maybe take it on the chin when you suck that bad. Say nothing get your head down, watch the film and get back to work.

Yeah I'd prefer that approach but what he said directly related to his ability to do his job.

In 4 days time a player with his amount of wear and tear can't recover fast enough to perform at his expected level. He voiced that concern, I don't see much wrong with it. He expects to play well and he was frustrated that he was unable too.

I hope the rest of the Oline is as pissed off as RI, they were all bad.

Eric Wood does a weekly spot with Schopp and the Bulldog, usually on Mondays after the game on Sunday.

Not sure if he will be on tomorrow or what, but it will be interesting to see what he says about the OL play.

He is smart and a straight shooting guy. Curious what he says about this **** performance.

Guaranteed that he'll answer a question by saying "for sure..."