Week 9: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys think they will prepare just as hard for a game against a sub .500 team that they already badly beat when they have a short week, are banged up after a tough game they prepared hard for, have a long break they are making travel arrangements for and getting in touch with friends and family, then have another tough game after that they could very well be looking ahead to? Common sense tells you this could definitely be a game they look past and don't prepare for like they should.

Everyone has done it whether it's in sports or in life. If you have a test in school you think is going to be easy in a class you usually do well in are you up all night studying or are you thinking "I got this" and you go and hang out with friends instead? It's human nature. To think that doesn't happen is naive. Some of these guys are 23-25 years old. Very easy to start feeling good about yourself and checking out during a week like this.

With this coaching staff? They absolutely will prepare just as hard as any other game. The only difference is a short week.

But they allow local TV. Buffalo Tv will have it. The Question is will Rochester?

Doesn't look like it based on the local tv listings for rochester. Unless I'm missing something. I was pretty sure when the game was on NFLN they had exclusive rights for the showing regardless of location.

http://tv.twcc.com/listings

Edited by The Wiz

Doesn't look like it based on the local tv listings for rochester. Unless I'm missing something. I was pretty sure when the game was on NFLN they had exclusive rights for the showing regardless of location.

http://tv.twcc.com/listings

The local market gets all NFLN games on free over-the-air TV. The question is does Rochester count as Buffalo's local market? It should.

The local market gets all NFLN games on free over-the-air TV. The question is does Rochester count as Buffalo's local market? It should.

I guess it is???? I've seen yes and no on different sites.

post-12191-0-51669200-1509382371_thumb.png

Although I've never seen CBS on channel 4-1 in Rochester. I would test it out but I took my antenna down yesterday.

Edited by The Wiz

I agree that it should. As of a couple of years ago, it didn't for these purposes. Not sure if that's changed. To my knowledge, only the "primary market" is guaranteed the game on local TV, whereas Rochester is considered a "secondary market".

people keep bringing up a short week? don't the jets have a short week too? isn't that kind of a wash?

Yes, but the Bills travel and will miss a day of prep.

You have to factor in jet lag that the Bills will have. They'll be so tired getting off of the plane.

:doh: The only lag I see is with the JETS. It took them too long to realize they were supposed to tank

So you guys think they will prepare just as hard for a game against a sub .500 team that they already badly beat when they have a short week, are banged up after a tough game they prepared hard for, have a long break they are making travel arrangements for and getting in touch with friends and family, then have another tough game after that they could very well be looking ahead to? Common sense tells you this could definitely be a game they look past and don't prepare for like they should.

Everyone has done it whether it's in sports or in life. If you have a test in school you think is going to be easy in a class you usually do well in are you up all night studying or are you thinking "I got this" and you go and hang out with friends instead? It's human nature. To think that doesn't happen is naive. Some of these guys are 23-25 years old. Very easy to start feeling good about yourself and checking out during a week like this.

This is the NFL and they are professionals. I think the trap game theory has been disproven in every possible way at this level of play. Yea it might make sense (it does make sense) when you played sports in school, or tests in school, but professionals are different. I treat all my work projects the same, no matter what. Im sure NFL players do the same.

So there is definitly logic to the trap game theory, and it does make sense. Its not dumb at all. But I dont think its true. With that being said, Im sure theres been instances of some players not being professional and taking an nfl game for granted and then losing. But not on a large scale or anything.

Edited by Crayola64

They probably go to bed around 10:00 pm every night. This game might go to midnight....they probably collapse in the 2nd half because they'll be thinking about getting in their pajamas.

This team?? With this coach??? No way.

They've brushed their teeth and are tucked in by 830 on the dot.

people keep bringing up a short week? don't the jets have a short week too? isn't that kind of a wash?

It's more about having to turn around and travel for the game on the short week than anything else.

Think of it this way: Buffalo has one rest/film/game plan day, one practice day, one travel day, and then the game; New Jersey has one rest/film/game plan day, one practice day, one walkthrough day, and then the game.

It'd definitely tougher on the road team.

It's more about having to turn around and travel for the game on the short week than anything else.

Think of it this way: Buffalo has one rest/film/game plan day, one practice day, one travel day, and then the game; New Jersey has one rest/film/game plan day, one practice day, one walkthrough day, and then the game.

What do you think a "travel day" consists of to Jersey?

i think it's important to note, Buffalo lost both games to the Jets last year, and also David Carr threw for 300+ yards and Tyrod didn't even sniff 200 yards. I think that paints the only picture anyone needs to see..... :devil:

David Carr has thrown 0 passes this season. I guarantee it.

What do you think a "travel day" consists of to Jersey?

There's probably more to it than you think.

It's not just hop on a plane and we're there; ready to go. It's travel, check in, set up for meetings, video, meals, etc. Is it particularly arduous? No. Is it significantly more time consuming than what the home team has to do? Yes.

The Jets are playing better than predicted at the start of the season. So are the Bills. I think it can be argued that the Bills are surprising observers more on the upside than the Jets. The biggest change for the Bills is in the reduction of mistakes. Penalties are down, Buffalo players are holding on to the ball. That doesn't depend on the opponent either. It's true that the game is in New Jersey, and that makes it a little tougher than it would be at New Era Field, but there is no particular reason to think the Jets will win.

It's not just hop on a plane and we're there; ready to go. It's travel, check in, set up for meetings, video, meals, etc. Is it particularly arduous? No. Is it significantly more time consuming than what the home team has to do? Yes.

Bills practice today, tomorrow and then wednesday...fly out after practice wednesday...I believe they will have the same amount of prep/practice time as the Jersey Jets have (but you are correct, away team has to deal with travel, even if it is only a 20 minute flight lol)

Bills don't generally play well against NY teams after blowing out the Raiders...

You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches.

-Roman Moroni

Edited by devldog131

I can see where a road game anywhere is challenging logistically to the staff who set things up on the other end. But for the players? It's what, an hour flight then travel in waiting buses to the hotel or to the Meadowlands? I don't see the impact of a New Jersey trip as "significant".

You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches.

-Roman Moroni

Don't be such a fargin corksorker.

I can see where a road game anywhere is challenging logistically to the staff who set things up on the other end. But for the players? It's what, an hour flight then travel in waiting buses to the hotel or to the Meadowlands? I don't see the impact of a New Jersey trip as "significant".

they have to pack. And choose a nice outfit for the Benrus Best Dressed contest.

Yes, but the Bills travel and will miss a day of prep.

good points, and to be honest, i never really considered it.