How about some love for Taiwan Jones?

On the bomb to him in the endzone it was a perfect throw. He stopped running for no reason somewhere around the five yard line and then continued on. Otherwise it hits him in stride for a TD.

I am so glad someone else noticed this....I was at the game and said the same thing...he stopped running

On the bomb to him in the endzone it was a perfect throw. He stopped running for no reason somewhere around the five yard line and then continued on. Otherwise it hits him in stride for a TD.

Before the Jones run........the scoreboard was focused on a very closeup of Jones for what seemed like 2 full minutes.......people in the crowd were saying "Who is 26 Jones?" and discussing the possibility of a trick play.

I was at the game and didn't notice close ups of Jones. But right before the play, they showed a close up of the huddle and I could see Jones in. I thought, what is he doing in? I was having visions of Reggie Bush vs Fish last year.

But the kid made one heckuva play.

Great call and great execution.

That run was fabulous and the play obviously designed for him to pull out when they needed it. Thry might not be able to pull it off again. It nailed the win the Bills.

I hate that play call. Hate it deeply and lets be real, it didnt work. It just happened that he put in a phenomenal effort.

I noticed the hesitation in his route, he probably thought he wasn't getting the ball, he was wrong, he needs to finish the play and it's a TD.

Saw exactly the same thing. I'm sure when the Bills review the tapes, this will be brought to his attention pronto.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

He was 1v1 against the LB. theres only one thing to do. Go until you hit the wall.

After seeing his end around talent, I guess its for moments like that route and his fumbles that hes not getting more touches.

Reminds me a lot of Spiller. If you give him the ball with any regularity, you'll probably regret it (lack of vision, fumbles, etc). But with his speed, he's a decent change of pace that can catch people off guard.

He has 5 fumbles in 44 career touches...

I'm cool with him being a Special teams demon And he's a jitterbug but I definitely don't want him getting 5+ touches a game. Has a hard time toting the rock

Wow, scary. I thought I heard that yesterday was the bills first fumble of the season lost, if true pretty amazing. Maybe they have help perfect Taiwan's ball security. I would never give a guy the ball i thought almost had a 12% chance of fumbling.

Wow, scary. I thought I heard that yesterday was the bills first fumble of the season lost, if true pretty amazing. Maybe they have help perfect Taiwan's ball security. I would never give a guy the ball i thought almost had a 12% chance of fumbling.

I think it is true.

Yes I believe yesterday was our first lost Fumble of the year.

And Jones does have a scary history of fumbling so that's why I assume he isn't used more...

But the play yesterday was who he is to a T. A jitterbug scat back who is perfect for a gadget type play when nobody is expecting it...

He has always ran hard and doesn't like to go down... probably why he fumbles

He spent some time on the Murph show today. Said they've been working on that play for a long time now. He said Dennison told him that he'd be running so fast the defensive end would have no chance to get him and laughed about how when he turned the corner and saw two defenders standing there waiting for him that it wasn't the way it happened in practice so he had to "get athletic" and make it happen.

He said when you come in cold and they call that play his first focus is just make the grab on the ball because it's harder than it looks when you're running full out.

Seemed really happy to be in Buffalo after 6 years with the Raiders. They cut him on his birthday, which is the 26th. The number he wears now. He said it's a reminder.......

Helluva play by Taiwan!

@YardsPerPass

This play took balls to call. If it didn't work Dennison would've been questioned all week long

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/922462234478968835/pu/vid/1280x720/FE2n83_oyTVjEoDq.mp4

WelllitBlankAmericanalligator-size_restr

I hate the end around. It so rarely works that I can't understand why teams call it. It actually didn't work as a play call yesterday either. Jones had to make 4 people miss, which is not something you can count on.

I was jumping up and down when he made it though! The moves he put on 33 and 58 were Shady like. If he can move like that, I hope they find more ways to get him the ball.

Edited by BeginnersMind

I hate the end around. It so rarely works that I can't understand why teams call it. It actually didn't work as a play call yesterday either. Jones had to make 4 people miss, which is not something you can count on.

I was jumping up and down when he made it though! The moves he put on 33 and 58 were Shady like. If he can move like that, I hope they find more ways to get him the ball.

A play like this demonstrates the gap between even top college play and the NFL.

In college, a play like this can work b/c you can find yourself with a big speed advantage depending on opponent.

In the NFL, everyone is fast and out-flanking defenders, generally, doesn't work. Too much defensive team speed all over the league for that.

Of course, on a given play, anything can happen...but you are right; the probably of success was low on this one!

All of which only makes it an even better run by Taiwan!

:thumbsup:

I thought it was Shady until the play was over. Maybe he deserves more carries. But even Tolbert looked good yesterday. I said to my buddy watching the game with me Slim Shady, meet Fat Shady.

No lie, I initially thought is was McCoy until I seen 26 on the back of the Jersey and like how the F?

It was and outstanding effort by Jones and McD gave him love in front of the team for it in the locker room. I'm not sure I liked the play call at all either but it worked this time. 3rd and 9 IMO we were trying to burn another TB timeout and get into better FG range.

Edited by Real McCoy

No lie, I initially thought is was McCoy until I seen 26 on the back of the Jersey and like how the F?

It was and outstanding effort by Jones and McD gave him love in front of the team for it in the locker room. I'm not sure I liked the play call at all either but it worked this time. 3rd and 9 IMO we were trying to burn another TB timeout and get into better FG range.

Yes he illustrates exactly what the coach was pushing - never give up. I noticed it as well.