Sammy Watkins complaining about targets again

Rigotz

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Offer the Rams a 3rd for Sammy back?

In the Sammy thread someone suggested trading both our 2018 first rounders for him back. That way we can have 4 picks tied up in him

The money is SO HUGE in the NFL, why not complain when he has so much $$$$$ at stake in a contract year. That said I am not a fan of him

Dont really see how hard it is to just throw the ball up....

This guy is tired of QBs thinking he isnt open.

Ill bet Brady would have loved Sammy over little man Cooks.

Had his best season with Moss. Sammy is elite when it comes to tracking the ball downfield. I could go without seeing that again :lol:

Edited by Captain Murica

I think he needs to realized he really isn't that great. Is he a good receiver? Ya probably. But this guy thinks he is julio jones and needs 10-12 targets every game

He was reading the Sammy watch thread here comparing him to Julio jones first 3 years. But since his year 4 isn't looking like 1500 yd and 100 receptions, I guess we can put that comparison to bed now.

Anybody else think it's weird that Watkins still has a picture of him in a Bills uniform on his twitter avatar and background?

They guy tweets regularly and would think he'd update it to his current team.

Probably figures he should just leave it until he re-signs with us in the off season

Already discussed in Sammy thread

One thing that would help and which may be possible with the upgrade is the ability to jump to the end of the thread seamlessly while on your mobile. I very much appreaciated that a new thread was made on this topic since I don't have to mine the whole thread to figure out what it's about or what the current discussion is. Like the new thread here.

Edited by Charles Romes

One thing that would help and which may be possible with the upgrade is the ability to jump to the end of the thread seamlessly while on your mobile. I very much appreaciated that a new thread was made on this topic since I don't have to mine the whole thread to figure out what it's about or what the current discussion is. Like the new thread here.

Yes, nothing worse than discovering a 75 page thread that has probably veered off course around page 12.

People seem to either ignore or forget that the last time he complained about targets, he was not only right, but they threw to him more and he dominated. ;)

People seem to ignore that several Bills members said he was selfish and cared more about his own production than winning ;) Sounds true based on this latest Twitter stuff

So... in other words, he's a wide receiver.

If you're only concerned with your own production as a WR you try harder to catch every ball. ;)

I think even Tyrod last year (it might not have been him) said every huddle a WR says he's open and asks for the ball. That's been a joke around the league for about forty years.

If you're only concerned with your own production as a WR you try harder to catch every ball. ;)

I think even Tyrod last year (it might not have been him) said every huddle a WR says he's open and asks for the ball. That's been a joke around the league for about forty years.

Exactly.

If that's the "reason" for the trade, the Bills got suckered worse than I feared.

Article comes out

"Bills players and coaches say Watkins has no dog in him"

Day later

Watkins quits on route and has to apologize to 2nd year QB.

Next day

Watkins retweets random fans requests for him to get more targets.

The picture has been painted folks, if you don't know what yah looking at yet that's on you.

Article comes out

Day later

Next day

The picture has been painted folks, if you don't know what yah looking at yet that's on you.

In professional sports, what sort of athlete is the most motivated? The ones who are in a contract year.

Diva or not, the Bills had the chance to have Sammy playing for a contract for the next four consecutive years without having to risk a significant portion of their available cap. Sammy's unquestionably talented. Motivation + talent = a dangerous weapon for a team who's completely devoid of dangerous weapons.

Trading a WR just because he wants the ball is... well, Billsy.

Exactly.

If that's the "reason" for the trade, the Bills got suckered worse than I feared.

There's a difference between thinking you want more production or going to the coaches about it, and making a public spectacle of it. It becomes a distraction and a problem for the team. He lets his emotions get the best of him which is why he gave up on that route on Sunday. And he's never shown he's an elite receiver in any case so we got a great return for a headcase who's just a good starter in the league.

Edited by HappyDays

Article comes out

Day later

Next day

I think the one "with no dog in him" was Stephon, not Sammy.

There's a difference between thinking you want more production or going to the coaches about it, and making a public spectacle of it. It becomes a distraction and a problem for the team. He lets his emotions get the best of him which is why he gave up on that route on Sunday. And he's never shown he's an elite receiver in any case so we got a great return for a headcase who's just a good starter in the league.

I've never played with or coached a WR who was worth a damn who didn't express his need for the ball. Is it annoying? Sure. Is it a distraction? Not really. It's expected.

Saying he's "never shown he's an elite receiver in any case" is just flat out inaccurate.