Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

The entire team AND owners supported the pregame. A QB from 20 years ago said that he lost respect for the team's best player. Why do we keep sticking a microphone in his face? If he isn't going to help move this team forward he should get out of the way (especially if he is going to cause problems).

Asked another way, "what good could have come from Kelly's comments?" The Bills made this decision together.

I really can’t disagree with this more.

A) McCoy was definitely doing his own thing on the sidelines. I seriously doubt that was discussed or preapproved by the team.

B) If the whole argument against criticizing these protests is that people should be allowed to peacefully express their beliefs (as guaranteed by the constitution) then what is the basis for criticizing Kelly when he’s doing just that.

C) the president says that if you don’t stand for the anthem then you should be fired. You say that if Kelly doesn’t tow the team line then he should get out of the way. What’s the difference?

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy's thing seemed out of place and not a part of what the team was doing. I believe that was the main thing Kelly criticized. If you are telling me the stretching was all part of some grand team gesture, then fine.

It was certainly a little out of place but maybe they all agreed to "do whatever you want and we will support you?" We don't know all of the details of that conversation. Kelly was in no way helping the team by going at its best player. Just bite your toungue Jim.

F'k Hughes. F'k Shady and every A-hole that does not stand and salute the flag. I love the Bills but until they stand they will not get another cent of my money. It sucks, but I'm sick of overpaid, whiney little shitholes that do not appreciate the greatness this country offered them.

Cancelling all NFL march, all NFL packages and will not support any athlete who does not respect this country.

McCoy's thing seemed out of place and not a part of what the team was doing. I believe that was the main thing Kelly criticized. If you are telling me the stretching was all part of some grand team gesture, then fine.

Will the Kneeling Brigade now ostracize McCoy for making a mockery of their silent protest? I'm outraged!

Jim Kelly did nothing for the franchise. The singular goal of every team in every season is to win a Super Bowl. Everyone that doesn't win is a failure. 4 Super Bowl losses in a row is nothing to be proud of, it is just 4 consecutive failures. That joke is the one thing most casual fans know us for. I'm sick of the franchise trotting out players from the 90s. I want new stars that we can be proud of.

Thurmanator 12074, on 25 Sept 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:

If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

pretty harsh.

Pretty harsh that these Millionare players have to disrespect our flag, our country and are Veterens which I am one of them.

So please spare me the excuses. Your pissing off your customers. Keep these players in the Locker room. how would you like it if you walked into my business and I pissed you off and disrespected you. You would not like it. They can protest on there own time.

These players should not be out on the field at all during the National Anthem. Let the Fans pay there respects to the flag and the Veterns and the singers of the Anthem. This will hurt the bottom line of owners and networks all to appease the Main Street liberal media and globalist.

First off, Figure out how to use the quote function.

Second, they did this because of what the President of the United States said. They showed him they were united against someone talking **** over twitter.

At no point is that disrespecting the flag or the country but the president. Even Tom Brady, a person we all hate, interlocked arms in response to what he said about NFL players kneeling in their beliefs. And the president called him his friend.

This is not about black vs white or dem vs rep, but the NFL players taking a stand that they have the right to protest whatever they believe and the other players backing them up by uniting together.

I wish this country could do the same.

Edited by The Wiz

F'k Hughes. F'k Shady and every A-hole that does not stand and salute the flag. I love the Bills but until they stand they will not get another cent of my money. It sucks, but I'm sick of overpaid, whiney little shitholes that do not appreciate the greatness this country offered them.

Cancelling all NFL march, all NFL packages and will not support any athlete who does not respect this country.

That's your right. See how that works?

Peace and love. But I bet you watch the game.

First off, Figure out how to use the quote function.

Second, they did this because of what the President of the United States said. They showed him they were united against someone talking **** over twitter.

At no point is that disrespecting the flag or the country but the president. Even Tom Brady, a person we all hate, interlocked arms in response to what he said about NFL players kneeling in their beliefs. And the president called him his friend.

This is not about black vs white or dem vs rep, but the NFL players taking a stand that they have the right to protest whatever they believe and the other players backing them up by uniting together.

I wish this country could do the same.

What's the protest going to be for next week? Is there going to be a schedule so that we can all keep up?

I really cant disagree with this more.

A) McCoy was definitely doing his own thing on the sidelines. I seriously doubt that was discussed or preapproved by the team.

B) If the whole argument against criticizing these protests is that people should be allowed to peacefully express their beliefs (as guaranteed by the constitution) then what is the basis for criticizing Kelly when hes doing just that.

C) the president says that if you dont stand for the anthem then you should be fired. You say that if Kelly doesnt tow the team line then he should get out of the way. Whats the difference?

A) doubt but have no idea

B) Agree that he has a right to do it. It just wasn't in the Bills best interest or have any benefit. You can say that "there are fine people on both sides" but that doesn't make it right.

C) Kelly has an interest, one would think, in wanting what's best for this team. If I get invited to someone's house for dinner, they feed me, give me wine, buy me presents I could tell them that I was disappointed in the food. I have a right to do that but I'd just be an A-hole. Even if I didn't like the meal I could keep my mouth shut and head home. I have nothing to gain by criticizing the chef.

But will still spend me evenings on a message board discussing the team. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not meant to be a cheap shot, a simple reality that he isn't that bright. McCoy didn't score high either but he was a part of a group decision. He is a PART OF THE TEAM. Kelly had NOTHING to gain and could have potentially did damage to the team by speaking out. If he cared about the best interest of the team he would have just shut up. Instead he took a shot at the team's best player. That's not too bright. Maybe it's time that the Bills start to distance themselves from these guys? It started when he was begging them to take his nephew. He's not helping the team in any manner and now is potentially causing problems.

CTE is real

I'm not under the illusion that this was a team building moment and I think portraying that is a bit disengenious. Teams managed this the only way they could while trying to minimize the fire storm. I'd guarantee this isn't the type of exercise a team guy like McD wants.

The players were upset at the comments and the owners/coaches had to let them act out and make their point. As I alluded to earlier it's a giant troll game and no one can adult long enough to stop it.

I'm out raged he kneeled! Fire those SOB's! I'm out raged that your outraged that he isn't happy! He was kneeling! I said don't kneel! Oh my look at this we are all kneeling now!!!

This is like some grade school **** gone main stream and I see it as a black eye for everyone involved. I try to look past it in hopes that it soon ends because it's really pathetic.

If the team wanted to kneel and hold hands then kneel and hold hands. An idiot will make the fool out of himself it doesn't take individuals like Shady to shine a brighter light on it.

You guys just don't get it. See what this guy is saying, your pissing off millions of fans this can not be good for business. If these players don't want to respect the flag and Veterans then keep them in the locker room. You don't piss off your customer base and not expect a backlash. If these players want to protest they can do it on there own time and on social media. How would you like it if I owned a business and I pissed you off everytime you came in. You would not like it and you would be pissed and not come to my business anymore. Keep these idiot players in the locker room during the anthem problem solved. They are there to play football not protest and piss off customers.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Thurmanator 12074, on 25 Sept 2017 - 8:23 PM, said:

If Thurman Thomas is taking a knee and disrespecting the flag during the National Anthem he can kiss my Azz too. if I could change my screen name I would at this moment. I just changed it about a month ago, so you have to wait 6 months. I will be changing it as soon as I can per Two Bills drive rules.

pretty harsh.

Pretty harsh that these Millionare players have to disrespect our flag, our country and are Veterens which I am one of them.

So please spare me the excuses. Your pissing off your customers. Keep these players in the Locker room. how would you like it if you walked into my business and I pissed you off and disrespected you. You would not like it. They can protest on there own time.

These players should not be out on the field at all during the National Anthem. Let the Fans pay there respects to the flag and the Veterns and the singers of the Anthem. This will hurt the bottom line of owners and networks all to appease the Main Street liberal media and globalist.

Tying this the mainstream liberal media is impressive

I think that is best. Like your decision and support it

I really can’t disagree with this more.

B) If the whole argument against criticizing these protests is that people should be allowed to peacefully express their beliefs (as guaranteed by the constitution) then what is the basis for criticizing Kelly when he’s doing just that.

C) the president says that if you don’t stand for the anthem then you should be fired. You say that if Kelly doesn’t tow the team line then he should get out of the way. What’s the difference?

B) Because he's a paid employee who publicly went against what the current team chose to do. I've said it a few times, but I doubt Pegulas appreciated it.

C) Believe it or not, it's illegal for the president to use his office to influence firing citizens. Learned that today.

Some are bothered by a player not putting a hand over his heart, some are bothered by kneeling, some are bothered by fists in the air, some are bothered by people wearing hats, some are bothered by overly demonstrative stretches during the anthem, some are bothered by beer runs during the anthem, some are bothered by sitting, others would be bothered by banners being unfurled with controversial slogans, some would be bothered by players flipping the bird to the flag, others would draw the line at flipping two birds, some would draw the line at burning a mini U.S. flag during the anthem and maybe others would be okay with all that but would think that defecating on the field during the anthem would be pushing the envelope too much. Others throw sex toys on the field while the opponent is in the red zone.

Edited by Arkady Renko

What's the protest going to be for next week? Is there going to be a schedule so that we can all keep up?

The NFL takes a lot of criticism, but it seems to me they're well on their way to cleverly co-opting the "protests" and making them part of the official show. "Please link arms" ... the protest becomes the honoring of the flag and vice versa. Brilliant.

You guys just don't get it. See what this guy is saying your pissing off millions of fans this can not be good for business.

If these players don't want to respect the flag and Veterans then keep them in the locker room. You don't piss off your customer base

and not expect a backlash. If these players want to protest the can do it on there own time and in social media.

How would you like it if I owned a business and I pissed you off everytime you came in. You would not like it and you would be pissed and not come anymore. Keep these idiot players in the locker room they are there to play football not protest and piss off customers.

And you don't get it, every NFL player(except 1) protested what the president said about players protesting. Not the flag, not vets; the president.

Jim Kelly did nothing for the franchise. The singular goal of every team in every season is to win a Super Bowl. Everyone that doesn't win is a failure. 4 Super Bowl losses in a row is nothing to be proud of, it is just 4 consecutive failures. That joke is the one thing most casual fans know us for. I'm sick of the franchise trotting out players from the 90s. I want new stars that we can be proud of.

Well, if you like protests you can be proud. Very proud

@mikerodak

Bills DE Jerry Hughes said Monday he does "not understand" why Jim Kelly is on the field before games, adding, "We are the 2017 Buffalo Bills. Were focused on the future. Were focused on winning games. If he wants to offer anything of encouragement to our team, to our quarterbacks, to our offense, please provide all of that. We could use all the encouragement we need to figure out how they won games back in those days and be successful as they were. But were trying to bring a team together, were trying to bring a community together, were trying to bring a nation together. And by dividing us, by dividing the team, that doesnt work."

How the the hell is he dividing the the team Jerry?? Shut the hell up and make plays.

Kelly is a hero here and will be long after you're gone.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

You moving to North Korea?

I can see his point about wanting Kelly to talk to them before. Agree with it or not, apparently everyone on the team and the coaches talked about what they were going to do, and probably knew who would stand, who wouldn't, ect. If Kelly wasn't in that team meeting, then it might be a suprise to the players if someone else shows up and does something different. It is the opposite of a show of unity that way.

+ 1

I have no problem with players taking a knee, no problem with fans booing them or cheering for them, no problem with Kelly criticizing McCoy, no problem with Hughes shooting back, no problem with old time players on the sidelines, and would have no problem if they weren't there. Why would I? Those are some of the reasons I wore the Marine Corps uniform.

It must be a wonderful world we're living in, with no problems, no tragedies, nothing of concern, that we, the media, the NFL, the presumed President of the US and assorted onlookers can waste time on this sideshow. Let's get our focus back on what really matters: Does or doesn't TT suck?

B) Because he's a paid employee who publicly went against what the current team chose to do. I've said it a few times, but I doubt Pegulas appreciated it.

C) Believe it or not, it's illegal for the president to use his office to influence firing citizens. Learned that today.

please it's illegal for the president to say fire someone. Just like Regan fired the Air traffic controllers.

he said get back to work or your fired. Then they called his bluff and he fired them.

Another main stream media lie just like Chris Cuomo from CNN saying it's illegal to read wiki leaks and that he will read it for you and tell you how to interrupt it. Keep drinking the kool aide

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Ha ha, I kind of agree too. It's getting tired. It's cool to have them around but I don't need to hear from them every week. I like where Bruce is at or even Andre. They care, and chime in but they don't get dressed in the locker room before the game.

They're like Al Bundy wearing his varsity letter jacket in his 50s. It's over, guys.

I have no problem with players taking a knee, no problem with fans booing them or cheering for them, no problem with Kelly criticizing McCoy, no problem with Hughes shooting back, no problem with old time players on the sidelines, and would have no problem if they weren't there. Why would I? Those are some of the reasons I wore the Marine Corps uniform.

It must be a wonderful world we're living in, with no problems, no tragedies, nothing of concern, that we, the media, the NFL, the presumed President of the US and assorted onlookers can waste time on this sideshow. Let's get our focus back on what really matters: Does or doesn't TT suck?

:) and thank you for your service!!

Dude??? Seriously??? Why would you even bring it up??? OMG!!!! Now I don't know how I feel about...... life.

:sarcasm:

Also, TY for you're service but would you lock arms, kneel or hand on heart? :devil:

Edited by The Wiz

Some are bothered by a player not putting a hand over his heart, some are bothered by kneeling, some are bothered by fists in the air, some are bothered by people wearing hats, some are bothered by overly demonstrative stretches during the anthem, some are bothered by beer runs during the anthem, some are bothered by sitting, others would be bothered by banners being unfurled with controversial slogans, some would be bothered by players flipping the bird to the flag, others would draw the line at flipping two birds, some would draw the line at burning a mini U.S. flag during the anthem and maybe others would be okay with all that but would think that defecating on the field during the anthem would be pushing the envelope too much. Others throw sex toys on the field while the opponent is in the red zone.

you win.

I give up.

the last sentence was the clincher.

Thanks all for darned good dialogue!!

One of the best we have had in awhile over nothing Football. I feel everyone was respectful and yet had their say,

Well Done

On to the Falcons

Go Bills!

Shady was directly in front of me for the anthem - He stretched almost non stop, what you might call vigorous stretching - almost like he was making his own separate point although only Shady knows what that point was. He did kneel as the anthem was ending.

Thanks. Yea, no way Shady. Don't like that. Don't confuse that idiot Trump with our country's pride.